View Full Version : BB Tool Attached to Magazine?

02-04-2011, 10:31 AM
I think this may have been discussed before, but I could not find the thread...

Anyway, I have seen a shooter who has a small probe attached to his magazines such that to operate his BB he simply picks up a magazine that is not in the rifle and pushes the BB with the probe attached to that magazine. The magazine in the rifle has a probe, but it cannot be used to remove the magazine.

My thinking is that this is risky, since the tool is attached to the rifle even though it is not attached in such a way that it can be used to remove the magazine (like a magnetic tool, for instance). On the other hand, many other parts of the rifle could be removed and used as a probe, so...

Has this been hammered out? If so, I would appreciate a pointer to the thread or other info--thanks!

02-04-2011, 10:37 AM
The tool cannot be used while attached to the rifle, therefore it's legal and has been hammered out many times on the forums. The search function sucks, I know, but I'm just sayin'...

02-04-2011, 10:39 AM

02-04-2011, 10:44 AM
Thanks, guys...glad to see that logic and reason prevailed here.

02-04-2011, 11:18 AM
This is exactly how I do it

02-04-2011, 11:38 AM
If the tool is attached to the gun such that it can be used to remove the magazine, it's prob gonna be regarded as "not a tool" and thus "part of the gun" - meaning the magazine could be considered detachable, triggering AW status. (Perfect example: screwdriver hanging off string from gun.)

If the tool is attached to the gun but CAN'T be used to remove the magazine - i.e, at the bottom of the mag, used as a tool when the mag is outside the gun - then that's OK.

02-04-2011, 12:10 PM
They work great too. :)