PDA

View Full Version : FFL Misinformed?

Jalibass
02-04-2011, 8:26 AM
There is an out of production High Standard revolver on one of the auction sites and I was excited to see the FFL selling it is in California due to the drop list. At the bottom of his description he says it needs to be sold outside of California. I asked him why and he said:

" This firearm must be sold outside of CA because it is owned by a FFL and not a privet party and we (the FFL) are restricted to the current roster of qualified hand guns. This firearm is not on that roster. "

Is this right? Am I seriously limited to a pool of out of production revolvers, in California but owned by a private party?

tileguy
02-04-2011, 8:31 AM
he is correct. if it is a single action it is exempt and dealer can sell in ca. but not a double action

HowardW56
02-04-2011, 9:35 AM
Is this right? Am I seriously limited to a pool of out of production revolvers, in California but owned by a private party?

Absolutely....

Fjold
02-04-2011, 9:37 AM
He could sell it to a LEO

stix213
02-04-2011, 10:05 AM
I think this is the first "FFL misinformed" thread where the FFL was right in the history of CGN :p

Jalibass
02-04-2011, 10:13 AM
I can't take much more of this. I've been hunting since I could walk, have never even had a speeding ticket and some how people who've never been on a dirt road are telling me what I can and can't do. Who decided I shouldn't have a colt diamondback or a high standard double 9? If I can get one via PPT then it's not the firearm but the means, so if it's not the firearm who cares about the means since those same procedures are ok for similar firearms. Sorry... gonna go hit the heavy bag for an hour.

RobG
02-04-2011, 10:24 AM
I think this is the first "FFL misinformed" thread where the FFL was right in the history of CGN :p

I think you may be right:eek:

schnellfeuer300
02-04-2011, 11:42 AM
There are many High Standards on the Olympic Exempt list (http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/forms/pdf/op.pdf). Check to see if it's on it.

Connor P Price
02-04-2011, 1:31 PM
Darn, I was looking forward to another stupid ffl story when I saw this thread title.

bwiese
02-04-2011, 3:07 PM
There are many High Standards on the Olympic Exempt list (http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/forms/pdf/op.pdf). Check to see if it's on it.

Umm, those are Olympic *pistols*, not revolvers.

As an aside I will note that a particular High Standard revolver was sought (and now acquired) by Dick Heller and the US Supreme Court said he could have it. Brett Thomas (of CGF) also wants the same High Standard revolver, but the CA DOJ says he can't have it. Thus, the CGF "Roster" lawsuit (Pena v. Cid).

schnellfeuer300
02-04-2011, 4:39 PM

As an aside I will note that a particular High Standard revolver was sought (and now acquired) by Dick Heller and the US Supreme Court said he could have it. Brett Thomas (of CGF) also wants the same High Standard revolver, but the CA DOJ says he can't have it. Thus, the CGF "Roster" lawsuit (Pena v. Cid).

Semantics aside, revolvers can be (and are) on the Olympic exempt list.

CHS
02-04-2011, 4:48 PM

Yeah, I love it. The only firearm in the history of the US that's been EXPLICITLY named by the supreme court as being protected by the Constitution, and YOU CANT HAVE ONE, because it's not "safe". Or, it's not "not unsafe".

Jalibass
02-04-2011, 5:16 PM
The blindfold on the woman's face pictured on our Handgun Safety Card is sooooo perfect.