PDA

View Full Version : Mag fixing...

PanzerAce
09-03-2006, 1:20 PM
No, this isnt the usual question about fixing the mag :p

I was wondering if anybody had a link to the definition of permanently attached mag from the DOJ? thanks.

SemiAutoSam
09-03-2006, 1:33 PM
Are you speaking of their approval letter with the Evans modified colt or bushmaster or maybe the shoeless ventures FAB 10 approval letter ?

PanzerAce
09-03-2006, 1:37 PM
nah, im just looking for where it says that perm attached means that you need to use a tool to remove it. Also, I think I saw a really well written FAQ about what a pistol grip is, any body have that? (I am asking cause a LEO friend is willing to help me and my friend build our rifles so long as we stay legal, just wanted some papers to show him.)

blkA4alb
09-03-2006, 1:41 PM
(a) "detachable magazine" means any ammunition feeding device that can be removed readily from the firearm with neither without disassembly of the firearm action nor or the use of a tool(s) being required. For the purpose of this definition, a A bullet or ammunition cartridge is not considered a tool. Ammunition feeding device includes any belted or linked ammunition, but does not include clips, en bloc clips, or stripper clips that load cartridges into the magazine;

(d) "pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon" means a grip that allows for a pistol style grasp in which the web of the trigger hand (between the thumb and index finger) can be placed below the top of the exposed portion of the trigger while firing.

http://caag.state.ca.us/firearms/regs/revregs2.htm

SemiAutoSam
09-03-2006, 1:43 PM
Just use the law

http://caag.state.ca.us/firearms/regs/sb23.htm

978.10 Title and Scope
This chapter shall be known as the "Department of Justice Regulations for Assault Weapons and Large Capacity Magazines," may be cited as such and are referred to herein as "these regulations." The provisions of these regulations shall apply to assault weapons as defined in Penal Code section 12276.1 and as specified pursuant to Penal Code section 12276.5, and large capacity magazines as defined in Penal Code section 12020(c)(25). These regulations do not apply to assault weapons as defined in Penal Code section 12276.
NOTE: Authority cited: Sections 12079, 12276.5(i) and 12285, Penal Code. Reference: Sections 12020, 12079, 12276.1, 12276.5, and 12285, Penal Code.

Article 2. Definitions of Terms Used to Identify Assault Weapons
978.20 Definitions

The following definitions apply to terms used in the identification of assault weapons pursuant to Penal Code section 12276.1:
(a) "detachable magazine" means any ammunition feeding device that can be removed readily from the firearm with neither disassembly of the firearm action nor use of a tool being required. A bullet or ammunition cartridge is considered a tool. Ammunition feeding device includes any belted or linked ammunition, but does not include clips, en bloc clips, or stripper clips that load cartridges into the magazine.

(b) "flash suppressor" means any device designed, intended, or that functions to perceptibly reduce or redirect muzzle flash from the shooter's field of vision.

(c) "forward pistol grip" means a grip that allows for a pistol style grasp forward of the trigger.

(d) "pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon" means a grip that allows for a pistol style grasp in which the web of the trigger hand (between the thumb and index finger) can be placed below the top of the exposed portion of the trigger while firing.

(e) "thumbhole stock" means a stock with a hole that allows the thumb of the trigger hand to penetrate into or through the stock while firing.
NOTE: Authority cited: Section 12276.5(i), Penal Code. Reference: Sections 12276.1, 12280, and 12285, Penal Code.

I haven't been able to find anything in the law that says a mag must be permanent and they also have not defined permanent.

PanzerAce
09-03-2006, 1:47 PM
ok, thanks guys :D

Oh, and who has the link in their sig for all the paperwork/letters that they carried around to show LEOs if they got questioned?

Mssr. Eleganté
09-03-2006, 1:48 PM
I was wondering if anybody had a link to the definition of permanently attached mag from the DOJ? thanks.

As you can see, while they have defined what "detachable magazine" means, they have not defined what "permanently attached" means. :)

M. Sage
09-03-2006, 3:28 PM
As you can see, while they have defined what "detachable magazine" means, they have not defined what "permanently attached" means. :)

That would mean, by default, that anything that's not "detachable" is "permanently attached," wouldn't it? :P

MonsterMan
09-03-2006, 3:53 PM
That would mean, by default, that anything that's not "detachable" is "permanently attached," wouldn't it? :P

No, just that it is not detachable. :)