PDA

View Full Version : CRPA's 136th Annual Gala With Tom Gresham, Host of Gun Talk & NRA Pres. Ron Schmeits

CRPA News and Updates
02-03-2011, 10:56 AM
CRPA's 136th Annual Gala
Presents TOM GRESHAM, Host of the
National Radio Talk Show Gun TalkFebruary 26 - DoubleTree Hotel in Sacramento

CRPA's 136th ANNUAL GALA MOVES TO SACRAMENTO!
After many years of holding the February Board meeting and Annual Gala in Southern California, the CRPA Executive Committee felt it was time to give Northern California the same opportunity. We plan to alternate locations every other year, from Northern to Southern California and back again to provide more access to the key CRPA activities for all our members, statewide. In addition, we're hoping the new Sacramento venue for the CRPA annual gala will encourage more active participation and attendance from our legislators.

Please plan to join us on Saturday, February 26 for a celebration full of entertainment and surprises as we proudly present CRPA's 136th Annual Gala. We are expecting a SELL OUT. Please order your tickets today. Individual tickets are $69, which includes parking, a delicious three course meal, entertainment, keynote speakers, the presentation of awards to Outstanding Peace Officer, Senator, and Assembly Member, participation in the live auction, a ticket for the DOOR PRIZES, and entries to our April 1 Sweepstakes.

FEATURED GUESTS AND HONOREES:
Guest Speaker - NRA President, Ron Schmeits
Outstanding Legislator - Assemblyman, Curt Hagman
Outstanding Legislator - Senator, Lou Correa
Outstanding Peace Officer - Sheriff, Thomas Allman

For more information and to buy tickets click here:
http://www.crpa.org/_e/dept/02/136th_Annual_Gala_Tickets.htm

OR CALL (714) 992-2772

For information about the Doubletree Hotel click here:
http://doubletree1.hilton.com/en_US/dt/hotel/RLSA-DT-Doubletree-Hotel-Sacramento-California/index.do

This event is also on FACEBOOK:
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=199561990054288&notif_t=event_wall#wall_posts

ABOUT TOM GRESHAM
Tom Gresham has been fighting for the Second Amendment since 1967, and has brought the message of responsible firearms ownership to millions through his writing and broadcasting through that time.

A leading innovator in outdoor media, Tom Gresham has been actively engaged in all forms of print, electronic and online media for more than 40 years. A book author, magazine editor, and writer (Sports Afield, Alaska, Guns & Ammo, American Hunter); television host, director and creator; radio show host; and online video producer, Gresham has consistently opened new pathways for showing the shooting sports.

His national radio talk show, "Tom Gresham's Gun Talk," is heard by millions throughout the U.S. and Canada over major radio stations, Sirius/XM satellite radio, and on the web through Apple iTunes. Through the talk show, Gresham created the Gun Talk Truth Squad–20,000 volunteers who challenge the general media whenever there is a misstatement about gun owners or a slanted story. The multiplier effect of 20,000 people actively writing letters to newspapers impacts millions of readers.

Almost a decade ago, long before most people in the firearms industry had even heard of podcasting, Gresham placed his three-hour firearms show online. Over the last two years, Gun Talk Radio has been downloaded more than three million times. Twenty years ago he co-hosted "Shooting Sports America" on ESPN for the National Shooting Sports Foundation–the first shooting (not hunting) television series. Having identified through his call-in radio show that the public craves information on self-defense, he created "Personal Defense TV," the television series he hosted and directed, which was the first time this important subject had been regularly covered on television. In 2007, he created the huge video streaming web site, Gun Talk TV, featuring original videos of firearms instruction for all types of shooting, from trap to personal defense. Gun Talk TV already exceeds 500 original videos.

Gresham currently hosts two television series–Guns & Gear and Gun Talk Television–on the Versus cable network, bringing shooting and technical firearms information into 78 million homes.

Steyrlp10
02-03-2011, 1:46 PM
Calgunners, you should join the rest of us for dinner. I'm sure we could find 300 of you who are free for the weekend, right? :)

goober
02-04-2011, 10:05 PM
Parker vs California wrap party, WOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!! :D

Steyrlp10
02-05-2011, 1:01 PM

Also, AB962 out of our hair :)

goober
02-05-2011, 1:05 PM

Also, AB962 out of our hair :)

same thing ;)

Helpful_Cub
02-05-2011, 1:15 PM
$69 for a ticket isn't to bad considering everything that's happened this year. Anyone from the SoCal area interested in carpooling up?

Steyrlp10
02-05-2011, 3:23 PM
same thing ;)

That was a test... and that's why I'm going to need to borrow your brain at Orientation :D

Steyrlp10
02-05-2011, 3:24 PM
$69 for a ticket isn't to bad considering everything that's happened this year. Anyone from the SoCal area interested in carpooling up?

It would be great to see more Calgunners at the party :)

Steyrlp10
02-23-2011, 11:47 AM
The countdown begins -- see you Calgunners this weekend :)

goober
02-23-2011, 12:11 PM
Yup :D

jdberger
02-23-2011, 9:17 PM
7:15....Sunday morning....

Oh boy....

Anyway - I'm in. Might have an extra ticket, too.

goober
02-24-2011, 6:15 AM
7:15....Sunday morning....

Oh boy....

yeah that's gonna be good, eh?

Steyrlp10
02-24-2011, 7:57 AM
From the schedule, I guess there's a lot of ground to cover. It would be great if they could do it like MCLE credits where if you're experiencing an out-of-body experience at the time interesting stuff is happening, but you're just not focused enough to digest anything substantial, you can buy a DVD and replay the highlights :)

goober
02-24-2011, 8:25 PM
Hey those of you attending the CRPA Gala-
If you have CGN business cards, be sure to bring plenty... A few of us have begun collecting (and trading) them ;)
Obviously this is a sort of frivolous use of the cards, but hey, its fun, and you know you've got a bunch... :D

Kestryll
02-24-2011, 9:02 PM
I'm sitting in my room at the hotel!

Librarian
02-24-2011, 9:04 PM

I wondered if you would ever escape from Burbank ...

goober
02-24-2011, 9:20 PM

Gotta take a class out on the water in the AM, driving up after that...

jdberger
02-24-2011, 10:37 PM
I'll be up around 2ish...maybe sooner. Goober - I'll ping you when I'm in. You too, Kes.

oaklander
02-25-2011, 12:10 AM
Me and SierraApril are so there! I just printed these up. My old CGN cards have the wrong cell (I changed it to a Google Voice number). But these will do - we hope!

EDIT: stand in awe of my open source software!

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/184961_1878982253824_1219293433_2199068_1242768_n. jpg

If you have CGN business cards, be sure to bring plenty... A few of us have begun collecting (and trading) them ;)
Obviously this is a sort of frivolous use of the cards, but hey, its fun, and you know you've got a bunch... :D

oaklander
02-25-2011, 12:13 AM
ALSO - what are people doing Friday? Me and SierraApril have some stuff to party over!!!

:D

If you know of anything - text us at the # on those cards ^^^^.

(Just let us know who you are - since I still do not have everyone's number!)

Steyrlp10
02-25-2011, 8:57 AM

We should see who can get the most - lol

Steyrlp10
02-25-2011, 8:58 AM

You're lucky... did you pack the Hammer? :)

I'm still searching for a pair of heels... I think I can blame the dog on that one!

Steyrlp10
02-25-2011, 8:59 AM
Gotta take a class out on the water in the AM, driving up after that...

Have a safe drive... I heard that it's supposed to snow at sea level. That's when I turned to my Better Half and asked, are we at sea level? (I need some sleep - lol!)

Steyrlp10
02-25-2011, 9:03 AM
ALSO - what are people doing Friday? Me and SierraApril have some stuff to party over!!!

If you know of anything - text us at the # on those cards ^^^^.

(Just let us know who you are - since I still do not have everyone's number!)

You guys will find me without a problem. Look for the tall, white guy (my Sponsor) followed by a running, short Asian chick (me). :D

Orientation for the Disoriented (me again!)

My office has been hell, so I had to ditch to make it to Sac in time while trying to make sure my kid gets home from school in one piece.

You guys have a safe drive too -- as well as the rest of you who aren't at the hotel yet!

jdberger
02-25-2011, 2:37 PM
I has arrived. Waiting to find out where the New Member Orientation is supposed to be....

I'm gonna go sit in the bar.....

Librarian
02-25-2011, 5:05 PM
I has arrived. Waiting to find out where the New Member Orientation is supposed to be....

I'm gonna go sit in the bar.....

Geez, Josh, you're gonna Get A Reputation!

Steyrlp10
02-25-2011, 7:11 PM
Geez, Josh, you're gonna Get A Reputation!

I was the luckiest one at Orientation... I had Josh on my right and Kevin on my left :) Just having the two of them will make meetings "interesting!"

Sorry I couldn't wait for the bar to open and glad Rod was able to pass our drink tickets to Josh. Had to beat it home to see if the kid was doing his homework and not throwing a wild party. It's one of my greatest fears to come home and find the building painted pink and something questionable burning on the front lawn :D

Catch you guys tomorrow :)

oaklander
02-26-2011, 1:55 PM
Lol I think we all are going to get a rep! some of us did not look too chipper this am ;-)

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

Steyrlp10
02-27-2011, 12:49 PM
It was great to see some old friends and make new ones. I apologize if I was running around like a squirrel and tried to say "hello" to everyone at least one time before another tangential thought popped up... It was very refreshing to hang around a bunch of pro-gunners for a weekend, eat food that I didn't blow up in the kitchen, and hear some pretty exciting ideas.

Hope everyone has a safe trip home :)

goober
02-27-2011, 1:50 PM
Great to see everyone there. It's always a huge recharge for me getting together with all of you, having fun, and changing the world. :cheers2:
For anyone I didn't get a chance to say goodbye to, my apologies.

oaklander
02-28-2011, 9:56 AM
I was amazingly functional on two hours sleep yesterday. That's all I can say.

It really is - my brain is fried!!!

But totally fun - and makes me SUPER optimistic. The caliber of the folks involved is impressive!!!!

Tom Gresham
03-01-2011, 9:28 AM
It was fun. Good to meet so many folks there.

There were some great bargains in the auction!

goober
03-01-2011, 9:39 AM

Once again, it was a pleasure to meet and hear you speak, Mr. Gresham. And thanks for dropping by here! :cheers2:

Steyrlp10
03-01-2011, 11:19 AM

Mr. Gresham, glad to have you aboard CGN :)

greasemonkey
03-09-2011, 6:11 AM
Looks like I missed out, wish I could've made it! Are there any recaps, writeups or video available from the gala or am I just SOL for not being there?

Steyrlp10
03-09-2011, 11:19 AM
Looks like I missed out, wish I could've made it! Are there any recaps, writeups or video available from the gala or am I just SOL for not being there?

Maybe a Firing Line article?

oaklander
03-09-2011, 1:49 PM
OMG! I could totally do that - I've written a few before for them/us.

Um. . .

Except that I kept going outside to smoke - so I don't really know too much about what happened!!!!!!!

Bad Oak!!! Bad!!!

Maybe a Firing Line article?

Steyrlp10
03-09-2011, 1:51 PM
OMG! I could totally do that - I've written a few before for them/us.

Um. . .

Except that I kept going outside to smoke - so I don't really know too much about what happened!!!!!!!

Bad Oak!!! Bad!!!

Embellish :D

oaklander
03-09-2011, 1:57 PM
Room 1202!

THAT would have made things clear - next time - let's get everyone up to a room - that was AWESOME.

As it was, we had about 15 people - imagine how cool it would be to have the entire CRPA Board up there - not good PR for CRPA (wild parties), but fun. . .

Actually, it might be good PR for CRPA - the new tagline could be "CRPA, Because We Know How to Party."

I'm being silly today!!!

Embellish :D

Steyrlp10
03-09-2011, 3:10 PM
Room 1202!

THAT would have made things clear - next time - let's get everyone up to a room - that was AWESOME.

As it was, we had about 15 people - imagine how cool it would be to have the entire CRPA Board up there - not good PR for CRPA (wild parties), but fun. . .

Actually, it might be good PR for CRPA - the new tagline could be "CRPA, Because We Know How to Party."

I'm being silly today!!!

Showing that we can work hard AND have fun while fighting for gun rights is very positive though. People should be passionate about this and if there's a way to make it not seem like a chore, then better still, right?

The shooters I most admire on the firing line are the ones who are motivated, focused, and really enjoy what they're doing. That type of attitude should be contagious. I aspire to be as good as those guys :)

You're a good role model too ;)

oaklander
03-09-2011, 3:24 PM
You are going to make me blush!!!

You're a good role model too ;)

Yes, my role is to show people that you can be totally "insane," and still make a positive difference in CA gun rights.

By "insane," I mean just a "real person." (Had to add that!)

I'm no political expert or anything like that. BUT, I've been blessed to be able to do things that help the movement.

What me and you and basically everyone is doing (and will be doing) is also just letting other people know the same thing. That is:

"Just get involved! Don't worry about being slick, or whatever. Just start doing things by working with the right groups."

What I see for CRPA (and this is just my personal opinion) is that CRPA will become a neat way for people to get together and do fun stuff, AND also fight for gun rights. It won't replace what other groups are doing in CA - but will maybe become kind of an adjunct, or a force multiplier, or something along those lines.

CRPA already does AMAZING stuff for CA - so what we are doing, I think, is just fine tuning some things a bit. At this point, I shouldn't really be posting too much more - but I'm just super excited to be a part of this. I really am! I hope it's contagious!