PDA

View Full Version : NJ Police Charge a 7-Year-Old for a NERF™gun

GOEX FFF
02-02-2011, 8:35 PM
Be thankful you don't live in NJ... muchless if you're a child -

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local-beat/Cops-Charge-7-Year-Old-for-Bringing-Toy-Gun-to-Class-115125844.html

"A 7-year-old child allegedly shot a Nerf-style toy gun in his Hammonton, N.J., school Jan. 18. No one was hurt, but the pint-size softshooter now faces misdemeanor criminal charges."

Good Grief!!

glbtrottr
02-02-2011, 8:53 PM
It's one thing when Bloomberg is so afraid and paranoid that he sends investigators out of state to conduct straw purchases on his behalf instead of fighting crime in his home turf...

...but when the crime in his adjacent New Jersey Police Officers prosecute is NERF guns heavily influence by New York? What's next????

maddoggie13
02-02-2011, 8:56 PM
Super soaker will be ban soon...

DGoodale
02-02-2011, 9:06 PM
Believe it, my son was suspended this Monday for a biological attack at school.
http://dudewheresmyliberty.blogspot.com/2011/01/farting-on-campus-new-wmd.html Still fighting it

Trigger Guard
02-02-2011, 9:06 PM
Will the child be convicted by a jury of his piers? Imagine the proceedings as the judge tries to give a bunch of 7year old snot nosed kids their instructions.

Trigger Guard
02-02-2011, 9:13 PM
http://dudewheresmyliberty.blogspot.com/2011/01/farting-on-campus-new-wmd.html Still fighting it

That is absolutely out of control!!! I thought we had it bad when my kid was surrounded by the entire Tehachapi Sheriff dept for having a key chain knife on his keys. The school decided that it was an act of terrorism.

gun toting monkeyboy
02-02-2011, 9:13 PM
I would make some comments on the people behind the prosecution, but alas, the mods would (correctly) edit them out or delete the post. I will just leave it at it rhymes with "clucking dorons" and call it a night.

And for those mentally challenged individuals who want to curb boys natural tendancies towards pretending to shoot things, perhaps they should spend some time around kids. Everything from blocks to toy dinosaurs becomes a gun when they hit a particular age. That is just the way it is. The same way that every toy or stuffed animal says "Roar", regardless of what it actually is. Lion, tiger, lamb, it doesn't matter. That is just the way boys play. Girls too, for that matter. Trying to prohibit such behaviour is naive and misguided at best, and downright Orwellian at worst.

-Mb

G60
02-02-2011, 9:21 PM
The only thing this is going to successfully accomplish is turning another child to mistrust and hate LE. good job.

cdtx2001
02-02-2011, 9:25 PM

If the kid had used one of those, he'd be accused of trying to drown others and be facing attempted murder charges.

wash
02-02-2011, 9:26 PM
Oh damn! I drove through Nj with a loaded NERF in 2009.

That was after being disappointed with my visit to Sarco.

I was lucky that I didn't get caught.

JohanD
02-02-2011, 9:33 PM
I only UOC with my NERF. Of course on mine I added a shoulder thing that goes up.

otalps
02-02-2011, 9:34 PM
Why didn't a fellow officer ***** slap the fricken goon that wrote the kid up? That is the problem, I hope he wakes up tomorrow with a serious krink in his neck.

ETA: add this dude, Deseire Gherard, every cop and every administrator involved.

Officials also say that there was no evidence of anyone being threatened.

We need to bring back the stockades to this country.

CHS
02-02-2011, 9:38 PM
"No one was injured"

IT WAS A NERF GUN! Did that even need to be pointed out???

RobG
02-02-2011, 9:43 PM
My son has a full auto, belt fed nerf gun. I better check the flow chart pronto:rolleyes:

MudCamper
02-02-2011, 9:46 PM
"We are just very vigilant and we feel that if we draw a very strict line then we have much less worry about someone bringing in something dangerous," said Blachford.

These people are so far out of touch with reality, and they want to brainwash kids into the same state of mind.

five.five-six
02-02-2011, 9:50 PM
next thing you know they will be shooting people for having garden sprayers.... oh wait, they already do that

G17GUY
02-02-2011, 9:59 PM
This is a serious issue, that kid could have had fun with his friends and toy gun but we don't want that.

Pig Rifle
02-02-2011, 10:06 PM
Well I'm glad they took this criminal and his dangerous assault weapon off the streets for good! Hmmm... think I'll call up Kevin Deleon and make sure he includes ping-pong balls in his new bill...

kcbrown
02-02-2011, 10:11 PM
Well I'm glad they took this criminal and his dangerous assault weapon off the streets for good! Hmmm... think I'll call up Kevin Deleon and make sure he includes ping-pong balls in his new bill...

Well, you know, ping-pong balls can penetrate metal (aluminum foil), so I think SB 124 has you covered...

:puke:

dwh100
02-02-2011, 10:18 PM
Good thing he didn't throw one of those terrorist Nerf football bombs!

niceguy
02-02-2011, 10:19 PM
Target sells NERF-SAWs, belts included with ammo packs! Now, if someone were to realize that itty bitty needles set into the tips of these things could cause mild discomfort for those downrange, this evil device would be removed pronto, with a recall to follow. Of course, there would be a grace period attached to the recall.

sd_shooter
02-02-2011, 10:32 PM
This society is upside down - good is bad and bad is good.

These 'educators' should watch the PBS movie 'Raising Cain':
http://www.pbs.org/opb/raisingcain/

It's an excellent documentary on raising boys and among other things it points out that it's completely normal for boys to play with 'guns' & 'swords' - it's what they do and to suppress it just causes other problems down the road. Kids need to learn to separate play from real life, but not letting them play isn't the answer.

Pig Rifle
02-02-2011, 10:46 PM
Well, you know, ping-pong balls can penetrate metal (aluminum foil), so I think SB 124 has you covered...

:puke:

Ah good to know... I feel safer! :18: Hahaha

kcbrown
02-02-2011, 10:46 PM
This society is upside down - good is bad and bad is good.

These 'educators' should watch the PBS movie 'Raising Cain':
http://www.pbs.org/opb/raisingcain/

It's an excellent documentary on raising boys and among other things it points out that it's completely normal for boys to play with 'guns' & 'swords' - it's what they do and to suppress it just causes other problems down the road. Kids need to learn to separate play from real life, but not letting them play isn't the answer.

Kids have been playing with toy weaponry since before recorded history began, and most of them grew up to be responsible adults. What in the world makes these moron "educators" believe that things have suddenly changed so much that they have to interfere with that?

I'm sorry, but enough is enough. All these people who participate in this farce need to lose their jobs and be blacklisted for life. I'm very much against blacklists but this is one of the rare situations where it's actually justified. These people are ruining an entire generation of people just to make themselves feel smug, superior, and "safe". Loss of their jobs is the least that needs to happen to them.

:cuss:

vincnet11
02-02-2011, 10:50 PM
Which is worse, kids bringing in a toy gun or kids getting suspended for bringing in a fork("a weapon") to school?

This is just wrong to charge the boy criminally I think a confiscation of the toy and or a phone call home is a fair consequence. First off he brought a toy to school that a child can have without an age restriction by law. Not an airsoft bb gun that you have to be 18 years to buy, then you could charge the parents for being irresponsible. But this?

dantodd
02-02-2011, 10:56 PM
In a more serious note. If the charges he is facing are in any way arms related this might become an important 2a case.

five.five-six
02-02-2011, 10:58 PM
NJ V. Nerf ????

:rofl:

jackblack
02-02-2011, 10:59 PM
wow.

kcbrown
02-02-2011, 11:00 PM
Which is worse, kids bringing in a toy gun or kids getting suspended for bringing in a fork("a weapon") to school?

This is just wrong to charge the boy criminally I think a confiscation of the toy and or a phone call home is a fair consequence.

Not even that. Not unless kids are forbidden to bring any toys at all. And if that's the case then the school needs to be shut down, because at that point it's clearly doing more harm than good.

I swear, these "educators" are trying to remove all the joy from the world, and in particular from kids. Like I said, they're going to ruin an entire generation of people. That is a seriously heinous crime against our country.

sandwich
02-02-2011, 11:00 PM
Talk about boys and guns, I heard about a family where they banned even toy guns but when the boy started making guns out of his slice of bread, they gave up....

shy 7th
02-02-2011, 11:30 PM
"No one was injured"

IT WAS A NERF GUN! Did that even need to be pointed out???

I know the kid is 7 so he's probably a little young to be modding, but you shouldn't jump to conclusions about modern day nerf guns. Seriously.

My cousins (jr high & high school age) and their friends have taken a liking to modding their nerf guns to fire faster, harder, and further than originally designed. Believe it or not, modern nerf guns are built with regulators to prevent them from shooting too hard. Removing the regulators and changing out springs can add a lot of power to those stupid plastic guns. Also, modern nerf darts, while still mostly foam, have a hard plastic tip (for better flight). Combine that with a few small fishing weights and they leave some pretty nasty bruises.

nerfguns.net is pretty much the calguns or arfcom or the nerf world.

So while one may say, "what are the odds that a 7 year old is going to mod their Nerf gun?" I would reply that its probably far more likely that a kid will get a hold of big brother's high power nerf gun than bring daddy's real gun to school... and we all know that does happen from time to time.

Bo0tyBandit
02-02-2011, 11:31 PM
That's just terrible... I remember taking a toy gun to elementary and at most I would get the toy taken away put in the teacher's desk and giving it back at the end of the day. They are going way too far now days with the zero tolerance thing, at the most this kid should of got a referral (pink slip). NJ should be disgusted and outraged by this :mad:

Pig Rifle
02-02-2011, 11:41 PM
:59:I know the kid is 7 so he's probably a little young to be modding, but you shouldn't jump to conclusions about modern day nerf guns. Seriously.

My cousins (jr high & high school age) and their friends have taken a liking to modding their nerf guns to fire faster, harder, and further than originally designed. Believe it or not, modern nerf guns are built with regulators to prevent them from shooting too hard. Removing the regulators and changing out springs can add a lot of power to those stupid plastic guns. Also, modern nerf darts, while still mostly foam, have a hard plastic tip (for better flight). Combine that with a few small fishing weights and they leave some pretty nasty bruises.

So while one may say, "what are the odds that a 7 year old is going to mod their Nerf gun?" I would reply that its probably far more likely that a kid will get a hold of big brother's high power nerf gun than bring daddy's real gun to school... and we all know that does happen from time to time.

High-powered nerf gun, hahaha!! :59:

JPZ
02-03-2011, 12:09 AM
hell i used to have nerf shootouts at school

maybe LA really is more dangerous :rofl:

resonance
02-03-2011, 12:11 AM
What to do?...My 7 year old son has a black belt in karate!...his hands are lethal weapons!
I cant send his hands to school!...He could "over fondle" the nice little blond girls pig tails as she sits in front of him!...And the path of destruction he would leave as they tried to take him!....Since he is short, he can only hit waist high...lots of teachers will be singing tenor...
The only weapon that can stop him....is a nerfgun...on full auto...but, alas!...our schools are nerf free zones once again...hummmm...maybe if I send him to the police academy...

mossy
02-03-2011, 12:13 AM
"No one was hurt"

it was a NERF gun!!!!! name me one person who was ever hurt by a NERF gun........

Pig Rifle
02-03-2011, 12:17 AM
What to do?...My 7 year old son has a black belt in karate!...his hands are lethal weapons!
I cant send his hands to school!...He could "over fondle" the nice little blond girls pig tails as she sits in front of him!...And the path of destruction he would leave as they tried to take him!....Since he is short, he can only hit waist high...lots of teachers will be singing tenor...
The only weapon that can stop him....is a nerfgun...on full auto...but, alas!...our schools are nerf free zones once again...hummmm...maybe if I send him to the police academy...

Nerf-free School Zones: It's for the children....

Kid Stanislaus
02-03-2011, 12:17 AM
We are living in an insane asylum and the inmates are in charge!;)

kcbrown
02-03-2011, 12:24 AM
I know the kid is 7 so he's probably a little young to be modding, but you shouldn't jump to conclusions about modern day nerf guns. Seriously.

So you mean a kid might actually get a welt from being on the wrong end of it?

Oh, noes!

Well, if that happens, then the kid pulling the trigger should be punished appropriately, and at that time. Not for bringing the thing in, but for injuring someone else.

Kids need to learn personal responsibility. That means they get held responsible for the consequences of their actions. That doesn't mean they get punished for bringing innocuous objects to school, because that doesn't, in and of itself, have any consequences at all.

If the teacher sees a kid bringing a nerf gun to class, at most they should inspect it to ensure that it won't take out someone's eye or something, and if it's been modified the way you describe, lecture the kid on the possible consequences of using it and maybe confiscate it until the end of the school day (depends on how hard it shoots).

Man, our society has been so p*ssified that it's sickening. :puke:

xr650r
02-03-2011, 12:51 AM
Rubber bands "shoot". Ban them!

xr650r
02-03-2011, 12:56 AM
Did it have a barrel shroud? Save the children!

Pig Rifle
02-03-2011, 1:20 AM
Did it have a barrel shroud? Save the children!

Hahahaha Xr650R's are more dangerous than Nerf guns. I know I've rode them LOL.

ALSystems
02-03-2011, 2:15 AM
Another I can't believe this happened stories.

Its a nerf gun!

Wayland
02-03-2011, 2:34 AM
If an officer is truly so afraid of a NERF gun that he/she would arrest the boy and charge him for a misdemeanor, then there is something seriously wrong beneath the surface. They really need to join the military and have uncle Sam beat some sense into them.

press1280
02-03-2011, 3:10 AM
I wonder if there's any kind of legal defense for this, other than the arrest is completely absurd. Please let it come before a judge, I'd like to see if he can make it through the whole court proceeding without busting out laughing at the whole notion of a NERF gun as a weapon.

Whiskey84
02-03-2011, 6:11 AM

They're going to start by limiting how many ounces the reservoir can hold first, then they'll get around to banning them. It's a process.

:rolleyes:

Abominog
02-03-2011, 6:38 AM
I suppose if the worst thing my kid ever does is get arrested for a Nerf gun, I won't complain.

Think about the stories this kid will have...when he files for his government security clearance, the interviewer is absolutely not going to believe the arrest was for a Nerf gun. And he'll be able to tell his friends this story, which will become a true urban myth.

The sad point was made though, the kid will likey have a serious problem with authority...over a Nerf toy. As was said, good job, LEOs. These morons may have just created a problem that will haunt other LEOs for a long time.

cineski
02-03-2011, 6:47 AM
You know, when I was a child I would hear my parents and people their age talk about "what was wrong with everyone." Now I have this mentality. Just think what it's going to be like in another 10-20 years when the police state has failed and people will be freaking out and arresting a student for wearing an offensive color to school.

xr650r
02-03-2011, 6:52 AM
At this rate, pointing your finger with your thumb UP will soon be arrestable.

CSACANNONEER
02-03-2011, 7:43 AM

Wow, just WOW! WTF has our school system come to? Who are these STUPID "adults" who feel the need to do things like this? Did your kid eat anything purchased from the school that day? If so, I'd sue the school for providing him the "ammo" to commit this so called assault. I'd also sue them for stealing one day of his education which he can never completely get back.

I guess you should be happy that he didn't try to hold it in by using a nerf ball. If he had, I'm sure that would have added several more charges.

rsandovaljr
02-03-2011, 7:44 AM
I understand if the school gave the kid detention, or maybe made the kid write " I will not bring toy guns to school" a hundred times on the black board, but to press charges. Wow. I know some people on this thread were saying how ridicules the police officers were for charging the kid, but they had no choice since the school board called the police they have to respond whether they want to or not and if the school wants to press charges then the LEO had to site the poor kid.

PatriotnMore
02-03-2011, 7:47 AM
That is absolutely out of control!!! I thought we had it bad when my kid was surrounded by the entire Tehachapi Sheriff dept for having a key chain knife on his keys. The school decided that it was an act of terrorism.

Man, I can't stop shaking my head. Has everyone lost their minds?

Caladain
02-03-2011, 7:58 AM

No joke, back in the 90's when i was in grade school I recieved a 5 day suspension for pointing my finger with thumb up and going "Bang" at another kid during recess.

I was mainly upset that they punished me, but not the other kid since he was pretending to have a bazooka. So it's not unreasonable, in my mind, that the hivemind of the school system will eventually get to that point, if they haven't already.

Don the savage
02-03-2011, 8:38 AM
Try being a gun owning conservative who works in a public school. I'm a pilgrim in an unholy land dealing with the devil every day.

stix213
02-03-2011, 8:46 AM
If we don't stop this now, his criminal mind could resort to airsoft by the time he is 20, and then what would we do?

Jack L
02-03-2011, 9:07 AM
Just think what LE has turned into. The old days of the cop walking the beat acting like a father figure to the youth has turned into this?

sd_shooter
02-03-2011, 9:10 AM
Just think what LE has turned into. The old days of the cop walking the beat acting like a father figure to the youth has turned into this?

IMO, the police departments shouldn't even respond to calls like this. And if they do and they discover it's a NERF, they should do their best to make sure the teachers understand the difference. They ought to be chasing the real bad guys...

uyoga
02-03-2011, 9:47 AM
One thing that bothers me about these stories is that they never show a picture of the "gun" or a similar "gun". Was this an exact replica of an existing, actual firearm, or was it "very obviously" a "toy"?

Showing or displaying the article in question would show whether the overreaction of the "authorities" was in any way reasonable.

shocknm
02-03-2011, 11:13 AM
I just spit up a partially digested egg McMuffin chunk.

kertong
02-03-2011, 11:28 AM
I work in a startup company in silicon valley, and I am pelted with nerf ordnance daily.

If this kid is charged and successfully convicted, does that mean I have good cause to get a CCW in SCC to defend myself from all the dangerous firearms at work? :)

Racer_X
02-03-2011, 11:33 AM

No, just labeled a terrorist.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=7392273

Lrchops
02-03-2011, 12:03 PM
My kid was kicked out of school for having bubble gum fake cigarettes with sugar powder for smoke!

If we all had telletubbie mentality the world would be a safer place and there would be no teen pregnancy!

rabagley
02-03-2011, 12:27 PM
Zero Tolerance Policies represent a total and complete failure of policy and administrators.

I have nothing good to say about any zero tolerance policy I have ever heard of. By removing discretion from teachers or other enforcers, you remove intelligence and end up with: FAIL.

kcbrown
02-03-2011, 12:34 PM
Zero Tolerance Policies represent a total and complete failure of policy and administrators.

I have nothing good to say about any zero tolerance policy I have ever heard of. By removing discretion from teachers or other enforcers, you remove intelligence and end up with: FAIL.

This. +1000.

Whatever moron came up with this "zero tolerance" bullsh*t needs to be smacked around hard.

Wherryj
02-03-2011, 12:54 PM

There are few if any absolute truths in this universe, so a zero tolerance policy is one of the dumbest things imaginable. Wasn't there once a zero tolerance policy about saying that the Earth was round and not the center of the universe?

Pixs
02-03-2011, 12:55 PM
I left So NJ 40 years ago, I own a house in Hammonton, I've only been back there 4 or 5 times for family functions. The whole state is a loony bin. I really can't stop shaking my head. Truly, the inmates are running the place.

cmichini
02-03-2011, 12:58 PM
Boy those NJ LEO's are a bunch of hand-wringing bedwetters, no? Scared of a nerf gun?

They must have tactical underwear for when they actually confront a real criminal.

Fissssh
02-03-2011, 1:02 PM
Enough is enough, when will they wise up, arrest and charge Santa as a illegal arms distributor. The parents should also be arrested as accomplices.
On closer inspection the Easter Bunny may be responsible for hyperactivity in kids and you all know that the Tooth Fairy is the reson kids have just too much disposable income and can afford these "Weapons of Mass Delight".
I think Grandparents should be banned, bad influence ya know.

Wherryj
02-03-2011, 1:05 PM
I believe that this comment on the story (by anonymous) sums up the issue quite well.

"Good work, Officer Barney Fyfe!
There's nothing so dangerous to the public as a seven year old armed with a purple and yellow plastic device that just MIGHT be a cleverly disguised firearm.
Good thing the School District doesn't have a zero tolerance policy for idiots---else, they'd have no Superintendent."

Wherryj
02-03-2011, 1:11 PM
In all seriousness, I hope that there is a "New Jersey Guns Foundation"? Any chance that one of our experts could give the "Suspect's" lawyer a ring for some advice.

robcoe
02-03-2011, 1:37 PM
The "gun" the child brought to school was a $5 toy gun, similar to a Nerf gun, that shoots soft ping pong type balls, according to the school's superintendent.

Think about how much damage he could have caused with an extended magazine, he could really have easily annoyed 2 maybe even 3 people.

Deseire Gherard, a parent of one of the students at the school, agrees with the policy.

"I'd rather it be dealt with more severely than not," said Gherard. "I would rather them go a little bit too far for the safety of all the children then to say 'okay, it was probably nothing.'

This woman needs a swift kick in the head, might restart a braincell or 2.

calnurse
02-03-2011, 1:44 PM
Better not bring my NERF "assault rifle" to the range! I does not have the "bullet button" and it's a high cap magazine. Did I fail to mention it is not registered. Whoops! I mentioned too much!!!!!! AAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!! :jump::kest::banghead::rofl2:

Wherryj
02-03-2011, 2:11 PM
Better not bring my NERF "assault rifle" to the range! I does not have the "bullet button" and it's a high cap magazine. Did I fail to mention it is not registered. Whoops! I mentioned too much!!!!!! AAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!! :jump::kest::banghead::rofl2:

I almost purchased one of those for my 5 year old son, but mommy vetoed the idea after he didn't get a "sticker" from his teacher that day.

I was THAT close to getting him a felony for an unregistered RIAW.

Bart1
02-03-2011, 2:32 PM
CCW for 7yr olds? Wow!

axel4488
02-03-2011, 2:58 PM
Does this make my rubber band gun and AW since it holds 50 bands?

stix213
02-03-2011, 3:42 PM
Is anyone else getting really tired of every school having one of these Zero Intelligence Policies?

Massappeal
02-03-2011, 4:35 PM
Lets face it America has turned soft and up tight! Not everyone....but....FAIL!

Al B.
02-03-2011, 6:59 PM
Geez, in the mid-70's I was on my NJ High School rifle team....brought a "gun to school" daily during the fall-spring! We locked them in the janitor's closet and got them back to board the bus at the end of the day in order to take us to the other town high school that had an indoors rifle range! Now you'll find no reference to either school ever being involved in rifle competition...despite the championships we won. Wonder whatever happened to many 3' tall trophies.

In regard to Nerf guns.....I sense a money making opportunity here! Next gun buy-back bring in some Nerf guns and get the $50 gift card! Heck, bring in a magazine fed one with a flash hider and get the the assault weapon turn-in $100 card! Think economics folks...and have your 7 year old do the turn in!! Al B. (SOCAL)

Shotgun Man
02-03-2011, 7:23 PM
Shouldn't the cops be out harassing the prostitutes?

Cali-Shooter
02-03-2011, 7:58 PM
There's your corruption of America, RIGHT THERE! Way to go, libtards and socialists! Another "Criminal" put to justice!

kcbrown
02-03-2011, 8:10 PM
There's your corruption of America, RIGHT THERE! Way to go, libtards and socialists! Another "Criminal" put to justice!

"Zero tolerance" is a decidedly militant approach to things. Isn't that something that the neo-conservatives could have come up with just as easily as the socialists?

They're all statists and need to be strongly encouraged to leave this country, since freedom seems to be such an affront to them. There are plenty of much more suitable countries for them, like China and the U.K....

gonzo1510
02-03-2011, 8:40 PM
My question is this: if the call came out as a gun on campus, was it a swat call out? This has to be one of the most ridiculous things ever.

Code7inOaktown
02-03-2011, 10:57 PM
It was a ping-pong ball version I believe.

SickofSoCal
02-04-2011, 12:13 AM

Home school.

Don't support the Federally-owned and operated public FOOL system, which not only gives your child a crappy education, but mitigates parental rights as well.

Most people do not know that Tim Tebow was homeschooled. And he turned out fine:

http://www.opposingviews.com/attachments/0010/7646/tim-tebow-broncos.jpg?1289801124

Cali-Shooter
02-04-2011, 6:19 AM
I'm sure those NJ jackbooted coppers are mighty proud of themselves, what with charging a 7 year old with a misdemeanor for possession of a "dangerous" NERF gun and all. Big men that they are, so they gotta pick on people their own size, oh wait...

ironpegasus
02-04-2011, 7:39 AM
They're going to start by limiting how many ounces the reservoir can hold first, then they'll get around to banning them. It's a process.

:rolleyes:

Apparently the legislature of the "great" state of Hawaii is trolling this forum for new legislative ideas.

jonyg
02-04-2011, 8:00 AM
suspend the kid if you must, but honestly, a criminal misdemeanor?

Wherryj
02-04-2011, 9:00 AM
It was a ping-pong ball version I believe.

I believe that the article even called it a "soft" ping pong ball type of gun.

Wherryj
02-04-2011, 9:02 AM
I'm sure those NJ jackbooted coppers are mighty proud of themselves, what with charging a 7 year old with a misdemeanor for possession of a "dangerous" NERF gun and all. Big men that they are, so they gotta pick on people their own size, oh wait...

Perhaps this is NJ's new tactic to ban firearms. Hit every kindergartener (first or second grade in this case?) with firearms charges such that they become "prohibited" criminals?

drd
02-04-2011, 12:06 PM
It's not a gun. It's a launcher and it launches ping pong balls.

Years ago I was with a friend who wanted to buy such a launcher for his kid but his wife objected saying she didn't like the idea of guns. I told him to call it a launcher and it wouldn't be a problem.

Luckily, I wasn't married to her.

socal2310
02-04-2011, 12:44 PM
Just think about how many children are seriously screwed up from relentless emotional bullying while their teachers are on the lookout for violations like this? Really, what do you expect from an education model that was designed to produce good little nationalists?

Ryan

willm952
02-04-2011, 4:13 PM
Yah, that's not surprising for Jersey. There's a mayor in one of their small towns that just comes straight out on an audio interview and states that when one of his cops pulls you over for anything that you have no rights and I mean none. That state is the nation's dumping ground anyway but wow.

pdugan6
02-04-2011, 5:14 PM
What a farking Joke. I want to blow up NJ..wait they might indite me for saying that.

Wherryj
02-04-2011, 6:13 PM
What a farking Joke. I want to blow up NJ..wait they might indite me for saying that.

Did you mean indict? I suspect that they are working on the warrant as we speak. Be careful of any offers to attend a party for winners of "free Super Bowl tickets" held at a local community center.