PDA

View Full Version : Criminals Have Guns???

choprzrul
02-02-2011, 11:42 AM
Just found a great article over on American Thinker talking about gun control in Mexico and how strict it is. Basically, citizens can't own anything larger than a .22 and there is only 1 gun store in the whole country; yet Mexico is awash with guns, crime, and gun deaths. Here is how the article ends:

What is it that liberals seem incapable of grasping about the stark truth that if you outlaw guns, only the outlaws will have them? Look south you wishful fools, and see what your gun control has wrought.

Link To Full Article (http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2011/02/does_gun_control_work_look_sou.html)

Oh, and their constitution has a 2A equivalent that has been legislated into obscurity.

CalBear
02-02-2011, 11:46 AM
Just found a great article over on American Thinker talking about gun control in Mexico and how strict it is. Basically, citizens can't own anything larger than a .22 and there is only 1 gun store in the whole country; yet Mexico is awash with guns, crime, and gun deaths.
It's about a world view of idealism, rather than practicality. The ideal view antis hold is if all guns are outlawed, the criminals won't be able to access them. The reality is, even with guns outlawed in Mexico, they still get them. Their response to this, of course, is to blame the US as the source of all Mexican weapons. The reality is, with the number of corrupt military and police, cartels and black markets, illegal guns are incredibly easy to get in Mexico.

choprzrul
02-02-2011, 12:01 PM
Yeah, I had never thought of using Mexico as an example of what happens when you remove guns from the hands of citizens. It is really in the news right now with all the people dying, so it should really illustrate the negative effects of gun control on society.

CalBear
02-02-2011, 12:04 PM
Yeah, I had never thought of using Mexico as an example of what happens when you remove guns from the hands of citizens. It is really in the news right now with all the people dying, so it should really illustrate the negative effects of gun control on society.

And yet they somehow turn it on its head, and blame the US for not having strict enough gun control measures. There are no words to describe how ridiculous this is. The Mexican government is made up of a bunch of corrupt individuals who put all blame on the US for their problems, and the current administration is eating it up.

stix213
02-02-2011, 12:37 PM
Criminals don't have guns, because there is already a law against that.

Joe
02-02-2011, 12:38 PM

This

Vladimir
02-02-2011, 12:58 PM

iknorite? :p

FourTenJaeger
02-02-2011, 2:06 PM
Whaaat? That cant be true. Gun control works! The facts prove it! Mexico is the safest country in the area, Blood is filling the streets of Arizona! Sensible gun control saves lives! :TFH:

J.D.Allen
02-02-2011, 2:08 PM

I have been using that example for years. Ever since I went to visit my in-laws in Mexico and the very first thing they did was pull out all their guns to show them to me. This was way before all this nonsense with the cartels. Banned huh? How's that working out for you? :rolleyes:

Archie B.
02-02-2011, 2:11 PM
It's about a world view of idealism, rather than practicality. The ideal view antis hold is if all guns are outlawed, the criminals won't be able to access them. The reality is, even with guns outlawed in Mexico, they still get them. Their response to this, of course, is to blame the US as the source of all Mexican weapons. The reality is, with the number of corrupt military and police, cartels and black markets, illegal guns are incredibly easy to get in Mexico.

It goes farther than that. America and the world is becoming a 2 class system, aristocrats & serfs. The wealthy and govt. officials do not want an armed underclass and view it as a potential threat to their agenda. I am still in shock that California had a democratic/liberal/anti gun landslide in the past election. Who did the voting and who do the dems cater to?

1) The wealthy: California has the highest population of wealthy individuals than any other state. They view an armed poor & working class as a threat. History has taught them that.

2) The dependent (welfare), working poor, etc: many of these individuals are from 3rd. world countries and are not here because they believe in the Constitution and the American way of life. They are here for the money and hand outs and could care less about anything else. It`s about the cash & benefits.

Why do cities like DC & Chicago have strict firearms laws? Because those municipalities are essentially welfare states. When the govt. is providing the ways & means, they make the rules. It`s not just a coincidence.

This is how the dems keep getting elected in CA. Anybody have a plan? :confused:

Falconis
02-02-2011, 2:17 PM
http://www.youtube.com/embed/HNdIBZWhzO8

choprzrul
02-02-2011, 2:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/embed/HNdIBZWhzO8

HNdIBZWhzO8

^^There is the YouTube code. This needs to be posted everywhere.