PDA

View Full Version : Let us not get complacent.

chris
09-01-2006, 9:29 PM
allright everyone we have done some great work this year and it shows. now is the time to get out and vote these losers in office out. send them the pink slip and make sure the door does hit them in the arse on the way out.

we must keep the pressure up on them. we must never let up not one bit. if we do they will exploit it. we (gun owners) have shown them that we will call them in the middle of the night when ther HCI crowd has gone to bed. we have shown them that we wiil write e-mail call and fax till the wee hours. they now know who we are and they are affraid of us.

but they will try this crap again next session. now is the time for all of us to renew our memberships in the NRA and CRPA whichever one you decidde to join is your choice. we need the numbers to back it up.

great job everyone:D :D

and a great thank you to Mike Haas for the great job you have done..

JOEKILLA
09-01-2006, 10:15 PM
..... now is the time to get out and vote these losers in office out........

....................and a great thank you to Mike Haas for the great job you have done..

A big HOOOAH to that.

adamsreeftank
09-01-2006, 11:11 PM
We shall go on to the end, we shall fight in France, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our Island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender, and even if, which I do not for a moment believe, this Island or a large part of it were subjugated and starving, then our Empire beyond the seas, armed and guarded by the British Fleet, would carry on the struggle, until, in God's good time, the New World, with all its power and might, steps forth to the rescue and the liberation of the old.

. .

grammaton76
09-02-2006, 12:29 AM
Mike Haas: How often does NRA update its "report card" for the various elected officials?

I think it would be nice, now that the session has just finished, for the report card to be updated and made available to us online.

Particularly if changes to the grades are published. It would be very nice to know if your representative has gone from an F to a C, for example, and deserves further encouragement.

It would also be very nice if we knew about reps who've gone down, so that we can write and express our displeasure.

6172crew
09-02-2006, 6:40 AM
+1, a Big thanks goes out to Mike, Ed and Paul who really showed us the NRA is doing something about the clowns in Sac.

Im sure they are taking a well deserved breather but Im ready for the next round, just show me where the fire needs to be.:)

dwtt
09-02-2006, 8:16 AM
allright everyone we have done some great work this year and it shows. now is the time to get out and vote these losers in office out. send them the pink slip and make sure the door does hit them in the arse on the way out.
For those living in the SF bay area, anyone interested in helping in making life difficult for Torrico? I know the district we live in is mostly Democrat but there is a sizable percentage of people who are undeclared, like me. The Republican candidate for Torrico's job is an unknown but if we help get his name out to the general public in Fremont, Newark, and Union City, we can make Torrico have to work for his reelection. I have no idea of what needs to be done besides increasing name recognition for Nishimura.

hoffmang
09-04-2006, 10:07 PM
Is Torrico up this cycle? I know we have a few folks around who could cause some trouble.

-Gene

mikehaas
09-05-2006, 9:48 AM
Mike Haas: How often does NRA update its "report card" for the various elected officials?...

Every election cycle. All state-level and higher candidates are sent questionaires by NRA-ILA automatically. If you have local candidates you want to have rated (city councilman, county supe, dog catcher, etc), the local NRA Members' Council can have a questionaire sent to them and often also send them a survey produced by the local MC. BTW, want to GREATLY INCREASE your effectiveness when working with NRA? everyone here should join their local NRA Members' COuncil!
http://calnra.com/volunteer/

NRA-ILA then takes all this info, as well as voting histories, known positions, comments from the local MC, everything they know, and rates each candidate - A, B, B+, etc. Any candidate that doesn't return the questionaire receives an automatic "F".

Separate from their rating is whether a candidate gets ENDORSED - this is where NRA will followup with financial and grassroots support for a campaign. MCs cannot support any candidate that isn't endorsed. Now, I don't know all the considerations that go into deciding endorsements, but know that factors such as "can this guy/gal actually win?" enter into it here. For example, a guy may be rated A+, but if he has no money (and his opponent is flush) or lacks an organized campaign staff, or drools on himself in public :-), chances are slim he will get an endorsement and additional support, no matter how pro-gun. NRA MUST spend their election resources economically, effectively and long shots are not how to do that.

At the end of an election cycle, the all-important statistic is "What percent of NRA-endorsed candidates were elected?" If we've ALL done our jobs well - you included - that number will be high. And that number is VERY important; typically over 80-90%. Lots of people pay attention to that statistic.

Oh, in my experience, NRA greatly values loyalty in elected officials. SO if your A-rated extremely pro-gun buddy first-time candidate decides to run against an incumbent that has supported NRA in real votes, it's not likely your buddy will get an endorsement (regardless of party affiliations).

Ratings and endorsements are made available to NRA members via NRA-PVF (Political Victory Fund) as early before an election as possible (usually several weeks). However, due to the enormity of the task, they are seldom made available early enough for activist types like us. :-)

Mike

mikehaas
09-05-2006, 9:57 AM
Is Torrico up this cycle? I know we have a few folks around who could cause some trouble.

-Gene
Assembly members run every state cycle (2 years). But rather than spend time on Torrico or any lawmaker right now, our focus needs to be on AB 2714 and SB 59 on the governor's desk. Arnold has 30 days to answer these bills (we need him to actively veto both - not sign or ignore them). Once those issues are resolved, have at it with Torrico & Co.

To be effective, we need to do the right thing at the right time. I'll continue to do my best to convey NRA's suggestions.

Mike

bg
09-05-2006, 10:04 AM
Thanks Mike.

hoffmang
09-05-2006, 1:55 PM
I defer to Mike on the Torrico issues, but there is a little devil on my shoulder wanting to support his challenger...

-Gene