PDA

View Full Version : Cal NRA thanked Calguns.net today

hoffmang
09-01-2006, 6:05 PM
Anybody see today's Cal-ert from California NRA?

Our team has grown into a political force comprised of NRA Members' Councils, Calguns.net subscribers and readers, gun/hunting clubs, retail gun and sporting good stores, political and legislative staff, gun owners from across the state, NRA's California-based legal team, and of course the NRA-ILA. Although we extend our heartfelt thanks and admiration to everyone that participated with us, special mention should go to two of these groups.

The subscribers and readers of Calguns.net played a valuable role as active team-members in the support and defense of the Second Amendment. Your support of the NRA and especially the NRA Members' Council Program has been a great help and we look forward to continuing to build on our effective working relationship.

I thought it was pretty cool that this place and all of us got a nod for helping make yesterday an exciting day with a pretty good outcome. I'd also like to thank the NRA guys Ed, Paul and around here Mike - for working with us, helping co-ordinate us, and generally create a pretty impressive machine that has room to get even better or more deadly to those who wish to take away our gun rights.

Anyway - thought that was particularly cool. Now back to my regularly scheduled vacation.

-Gene

6172crew
09-01-2006, 6:14 PM
I got my email as well, pretty cool stuff!

:)

Matt C
09-01-2006, 6:55 PM
Sure beats what the CRPA had to say. I have completely reversed my position on these two groups after this month. I know where my pro gun dollars are going from now on.

GO NRA!!!:D

chris
09-01-2006, 9:21 PM
yep i recieved the same e-mail and we at cal-guns were mentioned. maybe this is why the DOJ is so worried. we have shown them that we are a force to wreckened with.

Creeping Incrementalism
09-01-2006, 9:40 PM
Sure beats what the CRPA had to say. I have completely reversed my position on these two groups after this month. I know where my pro gun dollars are going from now on.

GO NRA!!!:D

Are you talking about the email that begins, "Recently a representative of the NRA Member's Councils in California published and distributed a false and misleading email about the California Rifle & Pistol Association's (CRPA) and Gun Owner's of California's (GOC) efforts on behalf of firearms owners in California. "?

Kestryll
09-01-2006, 9:59 PM
Let's not make this a sniping match.
Regardless of the differences in the orginizations the Calguns membership pulled together, put forth a laudable effort and got the job done.
Major kudos to all, I think is definitely something that ought to be stickied.

bg
09-01-2006, 10:13 PM
It was and is an awesome thing we helped do. The
live feed from the Assembly was intoxicating. No
wonder you used to see ads of people glued to the
radio in days of old. However we cannot rest too
long. We still have to contact the Gov's office in
trying to get as many vetoes as we can.

I'll say one thing though, for myself I'm proud to be
part of the grass roots front here at Calguns. Lets
just not forget those Assembly Members who helped
in getting AB 325 defeated for the present as well.

Matt C
09-01-2006, 11:25 PM
Are you talking about the email that begins, "Recently a representative of the NRA Member's Councils in California published and distributed a false and misleading email about the California Rifle & Pistol Association's (CRPA) and Gun Owner's of California's (GOC) efforts on behalf of firearms owners in California. "?

Yup, that's the one.

PanzerAce
09-02-2006, 1:12 AM
Honestly, I am not suprised that they noticed us. the great benefit of CGN is that it has members EVERYWHERE in Cali. Even if they dont post, they lurk. So when something happens, chances are that one of us can get involved.

Silverback
09-02-2006, 11:27 AM
I'll be glad when we become a force large enough to force a change in State Constitution. When that happens we can really make Koretz and a few others shake in their boots. :mad: :mad:

Can'thavenuthingood
09-02-2006, 3:20 PM
I think we are already at that point of being a force to be reckoned with, as long as we continue to zero in on the things that unite us as Calgunners.

I received an email from Lynch & Associates saying "The efforts of a bipartisan group of legislators led by Assemblyman Jay LeSeur ( R- San Diego) and Assemblywoman Nicole Parra ( D- Hanford) were responsible for the coordinated victory." Odd, I heard Mr. LeSeur speak and oppose bills but never heard Nicole Parra speak. Yet someone is reminding me that she is our friend.

Then there's the website listed http://www.calwildlife.org which I've never heard of either.

The website speak sounds like a veiled attempt at association with gun types while trying to control guns and maintain sensible buzzwords to appeal to all.

It smells funny to me.

Vick

hoffmang
09-06-2006, 5:47 PM
BTW - NRA National through ILA also sent a general thank you out to Californians...

-Gene

chris
09-06-2006, 10:08 PM
thats some good news to hear.