PDA

View Full Version : need help with my safe .wont open

bertinotti66
02-01-2011, 7:41 PM
anybody know of a or is a lock smith my safe wont open somthing with the tumbler i think HELP

Casual_Shooter
02-01-2011, 7:45 PM
Might need to provide a little more detail like safe manufacturer, lock type- electronic or dial.

bertinotti66
02-01-2011, 7:51 PM
american security , dial , 6 years old , always work great tell now .do thay have to drill it or break dial off or ?:confused:

tgriffin
02-01-2011, 7:56 PM
It's usually a drill operation. Does not come cheap. Is the dial free spinning? Have you tried pushing in on the door while pulling handle down? Might consider a very light application of WD40 to tumbler, handle recess, and at door seal all the way around.

bsg
02-01-2011, 7:57 PM
call the manufacturer and enlist their aid. don't call for outside help until you have exhausted efforts with the manufacturer.

EasyE
02-01-2011, 7:58 PM
Man...I worry about this very thing. I think I might obtain some c4 or some sort of shape charge before I get my safe.

Good luck with this. Id like to know what the problem ends up being.

bertinotti66
02-01-2011, 8:04 PM
It's usually a drill operation. Does not come cheap. Is the dial free spinning? Have you tried pushing in on the door while pulling handle down? Might consider a very light application of WD40 to tumbler, handle recess, and at door seal all the way around.

no its not spinning free can feel it like nornal , it opened last nite no problum and today no open . i will try wd-40 then i will get out the torch and cut door off and go get me a new bigger one this weekend thanks everbody

anothergunnut
02-01-2011, 9:58 PM
Here's a post where I had a similar problem.

http://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=6&f=46&t=325585

gravedigger
02-01-2011, 10:12 PM
I don't suppose you know your reverse combination, do you? You could try it. That might work. Every dial safe has TWO combination sets. (ask any locksmith)

If your dial is R-L-R-L, you also have a L-R-L-R combination. The numbers will generally be 3 or 4 digits off of the main combination, to the opposite sides of each digit in the rotation, depending on the thickness of the tumbler stops.

Heiko
02-01-2011, 10:36 PM
I had a problem with my Sargent & Greenleaf dial lock on one of my safes where it was coming loose from the backside so it was misaligned and I couldn't get it open. Drilling was not necessary. They used a device that screwed on to the dial to pop the dial off and get at the insides. It took a long time for the tech to "pick" the lock but he got it. By "pick" I mean he had to try the combination with +/- the designated number until he got it. He used some feel to accomplish this as well so a skilled safe tech is absolutely necessary.

It wasn't a safe cracking and the fact that he had the combination is what made the difference. He said that if he didn't have the combination it would have been nearly impossible. FWIW, there are very, very few actual safe crackers around.

I apologize for any lapses in memory. This was several years ago and I'm not even exactly sure why my lock was not working. I just remember that it had stopped turning fully.

Good luck!

Saym14
02-01-2011, 11:47 PM
everyone worries about electronic locks. I love mine. I can open it in 3 seconds/ try googling spun locks. sometimes if you spin the dials too fast the combo can change itself.

bertinotti66
02-02-2011, 5:43 AM
everyone worries about electronic locks. I love mine. I can open it in 3 seconds/ try googling spun locks. sometimes if you spin the dials too fast the combo can change itself.

i will try anything thank u everbody

chumrunner
02-02-2011, 7:29 AM
I have an American Security safe that was very difficult to get open and finally got to where I couldn’t get it open. I called American Security and they sent out a locksmith that opened it without drilling, adjusted it to work correctly and even changed the combination to the numbers of my choice. They are located in Fontana.

11925 Pacific Ave., Fontana CA 92337 | 1-951-685-9680

hypnoman
02-02-2011, 3:17 PM
I have an American Security safe that was very difficult to get open and finally got to where I couldn’t get it open. I called American Security and they sent out a locksmith that opened it without drilling, adjusted it to work correctly and even changed the combination to the numbers of my choice. They are located in Fontana.

Good luck with your safe! I hope this works out for you.

bertinotti66
02-02-2011, 7:28 PM

ok thanks i will give them a call

bsg
02-05-2011, 2:51 PM
too soon for an update? hope all went/going well with this.

bertinotti66
02-06-2011, 5:02 PM
yes it did thanks 4 asking thay sent locksmith out he got it open reset and alinded everthing and works better then new

bsg
02-06-2011, 5:13 PM
yes it did thanks 4 asking thay sent locksmith out he got it open reset and alinded everthing and works better then new

great! i thought they'd work with you on this.