PDA

View Full Version : Hi, not new, but a first post

lobsternoob
02-01-2011, 4:18 PM
Hello all,

I'm not really that new to calguns, but this is pretty much one of my first
posts, i want to start by thanking all of you calgunners for making this forum what it is. There's a wealth of great information here. I've been reading for almost a week straight and I still feel I've only touched the tip of the iceberg. I thought it was about time for an introduction. I'm Lobsternoob, I honestly go by lobbie as much as my real name so that's good by me. I've been a gun fan for years, only an owner for about 9 though (that should give you a clue as to my age...). I've lived in California my whole life, and up until recently I was completely ignorant of the legal issues surrounding "black rifles" and true AW's versus a California compliant autoloading rifle. So athough I own my share of firearms I haven't yet acquired my first AAR type rifle, but it's coming soon. I'm pretty sure I've gotten a good grasp of the law, I'll address that later in the post, I do have a few things that are still questions, I know this isn't the right place to ask them, but if need be I'll start threads in the appropriate places for them, so...

True or False, The lower receiver is the only part of an AR type rifle that is considered a firearm, so theoretically you could have all the parts from a listed gun on an OLL and you'd be fine, assuming you conformed to all other laws, featureless/no detachable mag, whichever setup you prefer the only named part that matters is the lower, right?

Does anyone have any experience with Franklin Armory lower receivers, made in Morgan Hill, Ca? I can easily pick up one of these receivers locally for around 100$, so I'm certainly considering it.

Don't worry about answering those questions or anything if you don't feel like it, I am pretty much sure of the answers, and as I said If they continue to be real questions I'll start a thread where needed.

So, I have multiple copies of the flowchart printed out, even made a largeposter of it. I've been reading all the threads I can on law that may be applicable to me, and looking through the "post your Ca legal autoloading rifle" thread, some really nice firearms in there. Well, I guess I've written a long enough post. Thanks Calgunners, and I'm glad to be here.

den888
02-01-2011, 10:12 PM
Welcome!

jackblack
02-02-2011, 6:50 AM
hi there

lobsternoob
02-02-2011, 8:30 AM
I guess I totally double post failed on that one, sorry, way to "first post" disregard this thread.