PDA

View Full Version : Where Can I Buy AR Mag Rebuild Kits Locally SD/Riverside

The Duke
02-01-2011, 12:23 PM
After receiving my NRA email notice that Obama will be unveiling a new gun control measure which will undoubtedly include restrictions on the sale of high capacity magazines and possibly their components, I've been thinking it might be prudent to stock up on kits/parts for my AR-15 magazines.

I always try to support my local gunshops when making firearms purchases, so I'm hoping somebody can suggest a local retailer that might sell broken down magazines in the Riverside/San Diego area? I've called a few gun shops and it seems like they shy away from this market.

devilinblack
02-01-2011, 2:39 PM
Your best bet (price wise) is New Frontier Armory or Exile Machine. Neither is local, but they have good prices, good reputations and they are calguns sponsors. Some vendors add a buck or two to the price of the mag to make it into a "rebuild kit" but these guys don't do that.

I've yet to find a local shop that offers rebuild kits. Most have decided it's just not worth the hassle.

lumwilliam
02-01-2011, 5:51 PM
Completely legal but most vendors here in SD still seem to shy away from them.

bertinotti66
02-02-2011, 5:49 AM
i not sure if thay r locos but i saw a bunch at the gun show last weekend and there is one in ontario this weekend

Saym14
02-02-2011, 9:22 PM
I like local shops - but I order from C-products. I dont like local taxes.

evidens83
02-02-2011, 9:30 PM
Locally go on your computer and check out 44mag.com ;) Free shipping on all C-Products and Magpul magazines...

tacticalcity
02-03-2011, 10:37 AM
Locally go on your computer and check out 44mag.com ;) Free shipping on all C-Products and Magpul magazines...

+1. I will never understand the mentality of insisting on a brick and mortar store. You spend more on gas just getting there than freight would cost, not to mention wear on your car...plus the markup is at least double what you pay online.

Of course, I am biased since I am an online retailer. ;-)

44Mag.com is a great resource for rebuild kits. One of only a few major stores that has the resources to offer this service affordably.

As much as I would love to do it, I would need to be located out of state for it to be practical. None of my suppliers (national distributors and manufacturers) will even ship them to me they are so affraid of our AG and the DOJ. So when my hi-caps wore down and started to have issues, I too became a 44Mag.com customer.

Ritty
02-03-2011, 4:50 PM
Some excellent replies & suggestions! I bought some AR Mag "rebuilds" from 44Mag.com & they are just great. I'm going back to them for a couple
of "CA legal" 10 rounders. Quck service, to say the least ... and good quality products.

Ritty

devilinblack
02-03-2011, 9:22 PM
Will 44Mag.com break down standard capacity mags for shipment to California as rebuild kits? I don't see it mentioned on their site.