View Full Version : Bloomberg Cleaning Up Gunshows? and a POLL

02-01-2011, 2:32 AM
(I don't know why I posted this, maybe because of my dislike of Bloomberg - and hoping for some FUD)

"Since then, the mayor said Monday that four of the gun show operators have agreed to require all buyers to submit to background checks - and one has vowed changes at all 34 of his shows."

Me: No background checks are required at gunshows in NY?

There's an online poll there too, which is currently:

Do Amercia's gun laws need changing?
Yes, the laws are far too lax. 58%
Yes, the laws are far too strict. 22%
No, the laws are fair as is. 20%

02-01-2011, 3:14 AM
I'd venture to say that those who voted for "Yes, the laws are far too lax" have little to no knowledge of the pertinent laws at question.

02-01-2011, 4:05 AM
Yeah and also looks like it's a new york based newspaper. With the population like that, no wonder the results were soo skewed.

02-01-2011, 6:59 AM
While the Fed's may be anti-gun, they don't like what Bloomberg is doing because he's playing Mr. BATFE or doing their job.

02-01-2011, 8:12 AM
His bi-partisan, MAIG poll conducted to suggest americans are in favor of further firearms regulation was conducted by a little firm called 'Momentum Analysis'.
Go to their website and spend a few minutes checking them out.

Despite being 'bi-partisan' they don't have a single candidate that is a member of the GOP.
They also seem to be heavily involved with labor unions and other progressive groups.
They even crow about tailoring their poll to fit your needs.

You could get a classroom full of ADHD third graders to conduct a more scientific poll than these crooks.

02-01-2011, 10:52 AM
Folks, please stop posting this in 2A.

There's a thread on it in off-topic, the survivor of at least 6.

It's not California, it's not national and it's not 2A. It's Bloomberg being a tool, and since we already knew that, it's not even really news.