PDA

View Full Version : What's Arnold's position on firearms?

Cato
08-31-2006, 11:20 PM
Now that AB2728 has passed will he sign it? and...

What is his position on 2A rights?

Stanze
08-31-2006, 11:24 PM
What is his position on 2A rights?

Well, unless you count the fact that he banned the .50 BMG rifle despite the fact that it's never been used in a crime in CA(much like many of Robert-Roos/SB-23 firearms), then his position on gun rights is GREAT!:rolleyes:

ArmedWolf
08-31-2006, 11:25 PM
BiSexual I would guess

adamsreeftank
08-31-2006, 11:29 PM
He's a gun banner plain and simple.

Cato
08-31-2006, 11:31 PM
Well, unless you count the fact that he banned the .50 BMG rifle despite the fact that it's never been used in a crime in CA(much like many of Robert-Roos/SB-23 firearms), then his position on gun rights is GREAT!:rolleyes:

TKo_Productions
08-31-2006, 11:36 PM
the reason why all of these anti-gun bills were proposed this legislative session is because of the gubernatorial race. If Arnold veto's them, the democrats can say he's soft on crime, and portray him in an unfavorable way. Then they'll show clips of Angelides saying he supported the bills, and how he wants to keep firearms (and ammunition) out of the hands of criminals.

It's all political rivalry, and it's costing US!

We're the ones paying the price and loosing our freedom. It's sickening.

hoffmang
09-01-2006, 12:06 AM
So Arnold lets 2728 goes through and we can get him to veto something far worse. 2728 gives the Governor air cover to veto the others.

chris
09-01-2006, 12:17 AM
i think he may veto a lot of the bills that we have been opposing. that's if they reach his desk. he will know from us that we oppose most of them.

if memory serves he wanted to clean up the myriad of gun-laws this state has not mess them up. he did sign a couple of bad bills but he has also vetoed some that really would have screwed us. and we all know the Dems will paint him as soft on crime and so on. don't forget what the unions will do. they are the ones who own the legislature.

adamsreeftank
09-01-2006, 12:33 AM
i think he may veto a lot of the bills that we have been opposing. that's if they reach his desk. he will know from us that we oppose most of them. ...

Wow, can I have some of what you have been smoking???

Librarian
09-01-2006, 12:59 AM
What is his position on 2A rights?Which way is the wind blowing today?

chris
09-01-2006, 2:34 AM
i guess you want angeledes in office then. so when he wins i'll se you in the confiscation line then. did'nt i say he made bad decisions. also the alternative is far worse than him. so if you want a true gun banner vote for angeledes or do what most gun owners in this state do "nothing" or better yet have someone else do it for you.

NOTE: end of rant from me.

Number 6
09-01-2006, 3:25 AM

At the same time that AB50 was signed into law, there was a bill to place a tax on each round of ammunition sold. Arnold vetoed that one. Arnold is a mixed bag, and election politics have influence on what he signs, as does many factors. It is really hard to tell if he will veto any gun related bill that passes his desk, since there are so many factors that we are not privy to.

anotherone
09-01-2006, 3:51 AM
Well I'm still up celebrating the defeat of SB352 (for now). I'm going to sum up Arnold in one phrase: "Would Phil Angelides ever veto a gun control bill that lands on his desk?". I won't provide the answer to that question because y'all already know what it is. Vote for Arnold. Yes it's true that he signs some gun control bills but at least he doesn't sign ALL of them like Phil Angelides would.

adamsreeftank
09-01-2006, 4:29 AM
i guess you want angeledes in office then. so when he wins i'll se you in the confiscation line then. did'nt i say he made bad decisions. also the alternative is far worse than him. so if you want a true gun banner vote for angeledes or do what most gun owners in this state do "nothing" or better yet have someone else do it for you.

NOTE: end of rant from me.

I guess my biggest problem with Arnold, aside from him signing AB50, is that he ran as a non-politician who was going to change things in Sacramento and not be swayed by politics. Once he was in office, it was the same old political BS. I may not like Angeledes politics, but at least he doesn't seem to be hiding who he really is. And I didn't say I was going to vote for Angeledes. Just dont' kid yourself into thinking Arnold will vote to preserve our rights if the political winds blow against it.

chris
09-01-2006, 4:50 AM
i have not but the alternative is far worse. i know AB50 was a BS bill signed into law. also remember davis he never saw a gun control bill he did'nt like. this will be the same with angeledes. our choices are slim we have to go with the lesser of the two.

stator
09-01-2006, 7:24 AM
Arnold is the "stealth pro-gun" governor. I mean we all heard it here from what's his name during the recall election.

ETA: Jim March is the guy I am referring to. He posted that description of Arnold on Calguns and THR.

6172crew
09-01-2006, 7:33 AM
Arnold is the "stealth pro-gun" governor. I mean we all heard it here from what's his name during the recall election.

ETA: Jim March is the guy I am referring to. He posted that description of Arnold on Calguns and THR.
Dont see much of Marsh these days. Ah-nold might get a fight this time around. I think we did a pretty good job this week and should have some steam left over for him if he plans on signing anti-gun bills.

mblat
09-01-2006, 8:18 AM
Arnold position on pretty much everything is "what will get me reeelected?"

dwtt
09-01-2006, 8:19 AM
If gun owners write to Ahrnold saying we will volunteer to help his reelection campaign and donate money to his campaign if he would help preserve our 2A rights by vetoing these bills, then he will veto them. If mean only if thousands of us do this, not just a few.

50 Shooter
09-01-2006, 8:34 AM
Arnie signed AB50 because the Dems dangled his budget in front of him, he took the bait.

I just wish they would put "none of the above" on the ballot! I'm not voting for either one, who else is running? I'm sure not going to give any money to help out a RINO.

bg
09-01-2006, 8:51 AM
If you guys recall, he made it a point in his first election
platform that he was against the demise of the fed AWB
and wanted to see "Assault Weapons" off the streets,
hense AB-50 signed into law. Recall that 9/11 was
still VERY fresh in everyone's mind.

I remember him saying this more than once. Doubt if
he's changed his mind. He's about 50/50 when it comes
to gun banishment bills. Still with a Dem in the chair,
we'd really be sunk.

jumbopanda
09-01-2006, 4:54 PM
Arnold position on pretty much everything is "what will get me reeelected?"

and what politician isnt like that? personally i dont know what his true position on guns is, but it doesnt matter. even if he wanted to, theres no way he could get away with acting like a real life terminator in this state.

but personally im happy to have him in office, Kalifornia could surely do a lot worse...

Creeping Incrementalism
09-01-2006, 11:20 PM
On The High Road, one poster claims he received a letter from Arnold that said, Rusty, I've heard the same thing from Arnie's own two lips. I sent him a letter written in German (I speak several dialects fluently, my Grandparents are from Osterreich) and received a letter in return, stating that his personal belief is that firearms in general have no place in private hands. Arnold is a RINO (Republican in name only),

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=218373&highlight=Arnie's (scroll a little more than halfway down)