PDA

View Full Version : Question for everyone

david68888
01-31-2011, 9:36 PM
Hi,

I am new in Calgun. I live in Sacramento and wanted buy a gun and the seller live in L.A. but he wanted cashier check or money order. What is safer way to purchase the gun from him.

Thanks,

DeanW66
02-01-2011, 10:21 AM
Welcome aboard. Hmm, tough question to answer. Is it a seller here in the marketplace? If so, is their feedback good? From what I've heard, which could be wrong, a CC is no safer than a MO.

ChrisTKHarris
02-01-2011, 10:22 AM
Why not buy it locally? There are tons of good shops around and with the cost of FFL fees it might break even.

Big E
02-01-2011, 2:23 PM
Welcome to Calguns. I've never done it, but I thought dealers can act as a third party (for a fee of course). I hope that wasn't FUD.

zod
02-01-2011, 7:25 PM
Welcome aboard. I have done this type of deal with a few Calgunners and on Gunbroker as well. Best advice I could give is to definitely look into a seller's rating, whether it be itrader or feedback of some sort. You have to take into account the extra fees involved also. Shipping and transfer fees are more than with a Private Party Transfer. Good luck.

Fjold
02-01-2011, 7:56 PM
Welcome to Calguns. I've never done it, but I thought dealers can act as a third party (for a fee of course). I hope that wasn't FUD.

Not FUD but remember that the FFL can charge any amount that they want for that service. Locate an FFL first and ask them what they charge for ths service and whether they will accept a gun sent directly from the seller. Also remember that the seller will have to send the gun overnight by UPS or FedEx so that will add another $50-$70 to the deal.

After shipping and FFL fees you will have to be saving over $150 on the deal just to break even.

BayAreaShooter
02-01-2011, 8:08 PM
Welcome to the forum.