PDA

View Full Version : what ever hap'pen to the milpitas OLL...

swhatb
08-31-2006, 5:50 PM
what ever hap'pen to the milpitas OLL situation, and waz the word on opening up a reg. period. i think DOJ had a hearing in august about a rewording as to what constitutes a fixed mag. if they change that wording, doez that mean a reg. period opens?

Cato
08-31-2006, 6:56 PM
what ever hap'pen to the milpitas OLL situation, and waz the word on opening up a reg. period. i think DOJ had a hearing in august about a rewording as to what constitutes a fixed mag. if they change that wording, doez that mean a reg. period opens?
__________________________________________________ _______
Lots of info on the current situation on in the legal section.

My understanding/take on the current situation is the Milipas guys will never get their OLLs back. The DOJ will just wait until DROS fees make most guys give up. Who knows, maybe in like 3-5 years of intense legal battle a couple determined guys will get their property back. Most others will just pick up new lowers.
On the registration situation, the DOJ is working hard not to list: current legislation is written to get the DOJ off the hook of listing. If it passes, they will never list and OLL and their rifle configuation will continue to be in an abiguious legal status. The AG will, after AB 2728, list the new AW recievers (Stags, Double Star, ITMs, etc) as AWs and not open a registration period. The DOJ will say that all rifles that can be converted to detachable mags and one evil feature are illegal AWs. Cali ARs/AKs will definately be illegal; and scores of other models will enter that ambigious legal status. The NRA will sue and possible strike down AB2728. If AB2728 doesn't pass, then we hold our breaths until the next AG comes into power and we go thru this again.

damon1272
08-31-2006, 8:45 PM
Cato,
I think at this point the best thing to hope for is for the DOJ to remain ambiguous as far as the law goes and not to list oll as AW's. I think that pulling a trick of the illegal aliens is the best bet. Get enough of the oll in the state and the DOJ and the state overall may have to reconsider banning all of the weapons. All that I can suggest is to talk to your friends and try to get them to buy recivers also. The more that make it in the harder it will be for the state to follow through with any plans of banning oll.

M. Sage
08-31-2006, 8:47 PM
Cato,
I think at this point the best thing to hope for is for the DOJ to remain ambiguous as far as the law goes and not to list oll as AW's. I think that pulling a trick of the illegal aliens is the best bet. Get enough of the oll in the state and the DOJ and the state overall may have to reconsider banning all of the weapons. All that I can suggest is to talk to your friends and try to get them to buy recivers also. The more that make it in the harder it will be for the state to follow through with any plans of banning oll.

Just remember: the DOJ lists specific models in a regulatory capacity. We need to convince the Legislature to change the law.

MaxQ
08-31-2006, 11:00 PM
Just remember: the DOJ lists specific models in a regulatory capacity. We need to convince the Legislature to change the law.

Um, I don't think the legislature needs much convincing...

colossians323
09-01-2006, 5:57 AM
They may never get them back but just in case they open up registration, they should get their serial #, and register them in their name so, that the if the doj trys to return them, they can't play any games with them.