PDA

View Full Version : shipping ammunition

FatKatMatt
08-31-2006, 4:32 PM
I have been browsing various firearms sites and it usually says "For California Residents: Will not ship to L.A., S.F., Orange County, Yolo County, or Marin County" I recently went on AIM Surplus and it only listed S.F., L.A., and Orange County. I live in Marin, and I am wondering if it illegal to ship ammunition here or are some companies just unwilling. I also looked up the law on the Legal Community Against Violence, and it lists no ammunition regulations for Marin.

If anyone lives in Marin, or happens to know, please tell me. This is a matter of utmost importance :D

vega
08-31-2006, 5:45 PM
It depends on the company.

-hanko
08-31-2006, 6:44 PM
I live in Marin, and I am wondering if it illegal to ship ammunition here or are some companies just unwilling.

If anyone lives in Marin, or happens to know, please tell me. This is a matter of utmost importance :D
So important as this is you're waiting for a reply from an internet forum when you could already have called the ammo company...:rolleyes:

What did they tell you??

-hanko

FatKatMatt
08-31-2006, 8:52 PM
no, i was just asking a simple question if it is actually illegal to ship to Marin or if it is just the preference of the company, no need to get hostile.

KDOFisch
08-31-2006, 9:15 PM
Same thing happened to me last week! A customer rep for the company said it was a newer company policy and she wasn't sure why. So I ended up sending the ammo to Santa Clarita instead of LA and it worked. Weird.