PDA

View Full Version : Cant use hand written receipt for new pistol LOCK?!

Onlyincali
01-31-2011, 4:03 PM
So I just picked up a gun after a PPT. I brought a hand written receipt with the following listed on it. Buyer name, seller name, date of sale, price, and the lock being sold. I took that and the lock with me to pick up the gun and the gunshop employees literally laughed at me and said NO. They said I had to have a store receipt and they wouldn't accept a handwritten receipt. I said BS to the first guy who then went and asked another employee/manager/something. He too laughed and said not a chance.

They then stated how much "we HATE to sell you the lock but its the law". I called them on the BS and they attempted to tell me they only make a dollar on each TEN DOLLAR lock and they hate the fact that they "HAVE TO" sell it to me. I ended up buying their 10 dollar lock despite having a brand new one with me already.

Was this all FUD? After all, this is the same place that refused to give me a copy of the DROS last time but gladly agreed this time.

EDIT----Yes, this shop was so full of FUD i'll never go back there. First they refused to give me a copy of any of the PPT paperwork, stating "we don't do that". Then they refused my handwritten receipt and insisted that they "HATE" selling garbage locks for 10 bucks. They were rude, complained about not making money on PPT and then complained that I paid with a 100 dollar bill and they had to "give me all their change".

The store was
AMERICAN SHOOTING CENTER in San Diego and I will NOT go back. Nor do I suggest anyone else does.

Chuntsman949
01-31-2011, 4:04 PM
yes FUD... that is a store to store policy ... I assume you were at turners?

shooting4life
01-31-2011, 4:06 PM
I tried the hand written receipt thing to and did not get very far. Now I just buy them at big 5 and return them once they are not needed.

Scratch705
01-31-2011, 4:09 PM
A handwritten receipt is generally not accepted due to the easy nature of how it is made. for all the gunshop knows, you just wrote it down just before going down to pick up your gun. (at least that is how mine explained it, and no it is not turners)

most of the consensus here is to goto local wal-mart/big 5 (or wherever you can get gun locks) buy a CADOJ approved lock, bring it to gunstore, then return the lock after pickup.

me, i did what you did but in a more professional looking manner. sold my buddy a lock i had bought last year, it is still unopened and still on the CADOJ list of locks. then he sold it back to me, and since he runs his own home business, he printed up an invoice. done deal. and will repeat this the next time i buy a pistol so it conforms to the bought within 30 days rule.

WileyWilly
01-31-2011, 4:12 PM
Next time print out and give them one of these:
http://www.salesreceiptstore.com/
Works for me

Quiet
01-31-2011, 4:13 PM
The day you pick up your handgun...
1. Go to local Wal-Mart
2. Buy a $3 lock
3. Got to gunstore
4. Show receipt for the lock you just bought a Wal-Mart
5. Pick-up your new handgun
6. Go back to Wal-Mart
7. Turn in the lock and get your money back

beerman
01-31-2011, 4:32 PM
Go to a participating police station and ask for "child saftey lock" If they participate in the program, they will give you one FREE...best of all, its the only lock you can re-use for multiple PPTs. I had to go to the California child saftey website to get the list of program participants. But its worth it,,,Ive used mine several times...Got mine at the Baldwin Park police dept.Call ahead to check stock.

iareConfusE
01-31-2011, 4:32 PM
When I did a PPT for my handgun at Turners, the seller included a lock with the gun, and Turners did not ask me for a proof of purchase on the lock. I guess they considered it as part of the purchase with the gun, so it counted towards the lock requirement. If that's the case for that silly store, you might as well just bring one of your many locks with you when you do another PPT, and just give that to the seller to "give back to you" with the sale, so you won't have to buy a new one.

Lead Waster
01-31-2011, 4:40 PM
1. Go to local Wal-Mart
2. Buy a $3 lock
3. Got to gunstore
6. Go back to Wal-Mart

Really? You'd go back to Walmart to return a $3 lock? Why not just use the lock?

Lead Waster
01-31-2011, 4:41 PM
When I went to pick up a pistol from my FFL, I was asked what I had, mentioned that I just bought the Costco Ex-20 safe. I don't even remember if I had to bring in a receipt or not. I might have brought it in later after the 10 day lockup.

smokinskul
01-31-2011, 4:51 PM
Go to a participating police station and ask for "child saftey lock" If they participate in the program, they will give you one FREE...best of all, its the only lock you can re-use for multiple PPTs. I had to go to the California child saftey website to get the list of program participants. But its worth it,,,Ive used mine several times...Got mine at the Baldwin Park police dept.Call ahead to check stock.

I'm curious, what store has accepted these?

Mickey D
01-31-2011, 4:53 PM
Works for me

Will I get a receipt for buying this?

Mickey D
01-31-2011, 4:55 PM
Really? You'd go back to Walmart to return a $3 lock? Why not just use the lock?

Really. Spend more on gas to take it back.

Scratch705
01-31-2011, 5:01 PM
cause most handguns come with a factory lock. but different gun stores have policies concerning if that lock is valid and fulfills the requirement that CADOJ has put forth about having a approved locking device for handguns.

depends on where the gunstore is to the store. if it is on the way, then no gas really wasted, if it is really out of way then yeah.

1911Operator
01-31-2011, 5:01 PM
1. Go to local Wal-Mart
2. Buy a $3 lock
3. Got to gunstore
6. Go back to Wal-Mart

good idea but the round trip to walmart prob cost more for gas than $3, id say just buy lock and keep it.

beerman
01-31-2011, 5:02 PM
I'm curious, what store has accepted these?

All California FFLs will accept these...Here's a pic of mine...Ive used it at Ades,Gunrunners and Ammo bros.

ajaffe
01-31-2011, 5:04 PM
No they all do not accept those. In fact down here in San Diego most everyone will not accept them. They require a receipt that shows the date you obtained it.

beerman
01-31-2011, 5:10 PM
No they all do not accept those. In fact down here in San Diego most everyone will not accept them. They require a receipt that shows the date you obtained it.

Interesting,I've never had a problem with this. Funny they would ask for a receipt as they are free, and no receipt was given. Maybe the shop just wanted to sell you a lock?

smokinskul
01-31-2011, 5:13 PM

Thats what I was getting at. To my knowledge, a receipt is required. I cant find it on the DOJ site, but I'm sure some Armchair Attorneys on here will correct me shortly.

halifax
01-31-2011, 5:13 PM
All California FFLs will accept these...Here's a pic of mine...Ive used it at Ades,Gunrunners and Ammo bros.

They are on the CA list of approved FSDs but the PC says that if the purchaser or transferee is providing their own lock it MUST be accompanied by a receipt from within the last 30 days. See (e) below.

12088.1. Firearm sales or transfers to include approved firearms safety device; warning language or label; long-gun safe warning
labels; exemptions.
(a) All firearms sold or transferred in this state by a licensed firearms dealer, including private transfers through a dealer, and all firearms manufactured
in this state, shall include or be accompanied by a firearms safety device that is listed on the Department of Justice's roster of approved firearms safety devices and that is identified as appropriate for that firearm by reference to either the manufacturer and model of the firearm, or to the physical characteristics of the firearm that match those listed on the roster
for use with the device.
(e) The sale or transfer of a firearm shall be exempt from subdivision (a) if all of the following apply:
(1) The purchaser or transferee purchases an approved safety device no more than 30 days prior to the day the purchaser or transferee
takes possession of the firearm.
(2) The purchaser or transferee presents the approved safety device to the firearms dealer when picking up the firearm.
(3) The purchaser or transferee presents an original receipt to the firearms dealer which shows the date of purchase, the name, and the
model number of the safety device.
(4) The firearms dealer verifies that the requirements in (1) to (3), inclusive, have been satisfied

The law does not say that the seller/manufacturer/transferor must provide a receipt only that the firearm "shall include" a CA approved FSD.

beerman
01-31-2011, 5:31 PM
Very interesting. I was informed of these locks by someone here on calguns and have used it several times without question. I have to think there must be some other exception for these.

chesterthehero
01-31-2011, 5:39 PM
with the exception of my first handgun.. every handgun or stripped lower i have purchased has either had a "MFG Sup. Lock" line on the recipt or ive been given one/charged $1 by the shop and told "if you need it by all means keep it if you dont feel free to bring it back"

halifax
01-31-2011, 5:49 PM
Very interesting. I was informed of these locks by someone here on calguns and have used it several times without question. I have to think there must be some other exception for these.

with the exception of my first handgun.. every handgun or stripped lower i have purchased has either had a "MFG Sup. Lock" line on the recipt or ive been given one/charged $1 by the shop and told "if you need it by all means keep it if you dont feel free to bring it back"

There are dealers that will provide $1 locks, accept trade-ins, give away the NSSF locks free themselves, etc. I was just pointing out what the statute says about receipts and buyers/transferees providing their own locks.

socal-shooter
01-31-2011, 6:44 PM
same thing happened to me, i was doing a ppt and the guy i was buying the gun from brought a new lock in the package with the gun.

the sales guy said "nope, unless you have a receipt for that lock then you have to buy one from us"

i said "the f'in lock comes with the gun"

dude still made me buy a lock

Manolito
01-31-2011, 6:45 PM
I just bought two pistols from a local store and each came with a supplied lock. Susanville Police Department keeps a big box of child locks in the lobby free for any one who needs them.
I will say the lock supplied with my Sig P239 was a lot nicer than I would have bought.
Bill

ajaffe
01-31-2011, 7:23 PM
Interesting,I've never had a problem with this. Funny they would ask for a receipt as they are free, and no receipt was given. Maybe the shop just wanted to sell you a lock?

Without a receipt how are you going to prove you bought it within the timeframe required?

Just out of curiosity have you purchased more than one firearm?

Paperchasin
01-31-2011, 7:32 PM
When I purchased my gun via PPT, it came with a red lock. When I went to pick it up, the store did not say anything at all about a lock. All the store owner did was put the lock on for me and advised that I leave it on until I got home. From the sound of it, I should stay away from using Turners for any future PPT transactions as to avoid this slight hassle.

den888
01-31-2011, 7:32 PM
Yep, the FFL's have gotten tough about enforcing the gun lock law. Even if a lock is transferred with your gun during a PPT, you still need proof that you bought one in the last 30 days.

JJ682
01-31-2011, 7:35 PM
I have worked for Big 5 for over 4 years.
It is state policy to have a NEW lock with each gun.
Since someone could easily write their own receipt for a lock they already own that doesn't fly with CADOJ.
HOWEVER: Us gun shooting workers know how lame this law is and I can tell you that I personally, since I'm not allowed to talk for Big 5 as a whole, would be happy to sell a $10 dollar gun lock to anyone and return it within 30 days with it's original receipt. A return which our store policy will not allow us to refuse. :)

Paperchasin
01-31-2011, 7:36 PM
Yep, the FFL's have gotten tough about enforcing the gun lock law. Even if a lock is transferred with your gun during a PPT, you still need proof that you bought one in the last 30 days.

Aren't guns sold in CA required to have included with them, a gun lock from the manufacturer?

Chief-7700
01-31-2011, 7:42 PM
Got to love the Nanny State with her moronic laws.

JJ682
01-31-2011, 7:45 PM
Aren't guns sold in CA required to have included with them, a gun lock from the manufacturer?

There are certain guns that come with locks from the manufacturer, these are put onto a compiled list and you are not required to purchase a new lock when purchasing them.
However if your gun is not on that list, and most are not, then you must buy a new lock from a store and have a valid receipt for said lock from within 30 days prior to the sale of the gun, or purchase a lock at the time of sale.

Paperchasin
01-31-2011, 7:47 PM
There are certain guns that come with locks from the manufacturer, these are put onto a compiled list and you are not required to purchase a new lock when purchasing them.
However if your gun is not on that list, and most are not, then you must buy a new lock from a store and have a valid receipt for said lock from within 30 days prior to the sale of the gun, or purchase a lock at the time of sale.

Thanks for the clarification. Does this apply to a gun that was previously on-list w/ included lock and currently off-list?

Tripper
01-31-2011, 7:50 PM

believe it or not, those child safety locks, that they give out, are amazingly not DOJ approved somehow, (i think its not stamped with something or another, or no declaration of such and such) I'll look it up again and see why not, I have literally hundreds of those, and will give them out, to anyone upon request. Or sell them for a penny. I'll be happy to give a receipt for $0.00. I dont think they can demand a specific price be paid, I guess I could sell it for a dollar and give a dollar discount (but ONLY when purchased in bulk quantity of one or more)

Tripper

furyous68
01-31-2011, 7:51 PM

To get around this, I typed up a statement with the date & amount of locks received. When I went to the station, the duty officer took my info, signed my statement & added his badge number & info to the statement. Worked just fine for the gun shop I went to in Atascadero (Atascadero Firearms) when I picked up my barreled receiver. Also, when I bought my last handgun from Range Masters in San Luis Obispo, they suggested I pick up a lock from the PD. That was a year or 2 ago, don't know if their policy has changed since then.

If your gun shops won't accept this, which is a printed receipt dated & signed by an officer, then they are truly just trying to stick it to you for the cost of one of their locks.

JJ682
01-31-2011, 7:51 PM
The list is updated regularly by DOJ so I doubt they'd miss it. Plus it's the job of whoever is selling you a firearm to double check.
As far as PPT's I'm thinking you could skirt the rule if it's on the list and you have the lock with the gun, but i'm not positive on that one.
Anything gray area at my work we sell a lock with the gun then return it when it's picked up, just to be safe.

UserM4
01-31-2011, 7:56 PM
I've seen all kinds of rules enforced for this. Some places required a new lock be purchased from them or brought in with a receipt, some places accepted the lock included with the gun since they consider the receipt for the gun to be inclusive with the lock, and for PPT's I've seen some places accept the sellers lock then keep it upon pickup after the 10 day jail.

:shrug:

Cokebottle
01-31-2011, 8:07 PM
Nahh....

Turners has a special stash of red $5 helmet cable locks that they keep for gun sales.
The $8+ locks are out on the for sale rack, and if you walk up to the gun counter with one, sometimes they'll ask you what it's for. If you tell them that you're picking up a rifle from another shop later, they'll usually offer you one of the $5 locks.

whipkiller
01-31-2011, 8:19 PM

Do you guys know if my SA Loaded will come with a lock?

jaymz
01-31-2011, 8:26 PM

Because it's a three dollar lock. :rolleyes:

Quiet
01-31-2011, 8:28 PM

Because I have a cabinet full of locks that I don't use.

Don't spend more gas, since local Wal-Mart is on my way to and from. Going to have to drive pass it one way or the other.

Cokebottle
01-31-2011, 8:43 PM
Don't spend more gas, since local Wal-Mart is on my way to and from. Going to have to drive pass it one way or the other.
And $3 is worth the 30 minutes of your time it's going to take?

halifax
01-31-2011, 9:04 PM
believe it or not, those child safety locks, that they give out, are amazingly not DOJ approved somehow, (i think its not stamped with something or another, or no declaration of such and such) I'll look it up again and see why not, I have literally hundreds of those, and will give them out, to anyone upon request. Or sell them for a penny. I'll be happy to give a receipt for $0.00. I dont think they can demand a specific price be paid, I guess I could sell it for a dollar and give a dollar discount (but ONLY when purchased in bulk quantity of one or more)

Tripper

The ones I've seen are clearly marked "NOT FOR RESALE" so I'd think the $0.00 receipt would be the better idea.

At least two of the Project Child Safe locks I've seen are approved:

Regal Industrial Sales RX14SC

Pro-Lok GL710-NSSF

b.thomas
01-31-2011, 9:18 PM
I've bought three handguns in the last two and half years.,
Now I have three cable locks, all pretty much identical and pretty much useless. All my guns get locked in a vault at home and when traveling, in their cases.:cool2:

*Maybe I should get a bicycle??? They might work for that?:beatdeadhorse5:

halifax
02-01-2011, 6:54 AM

No. Only guns manufactured in CA must come with a lock. Otherwise, one must be provided/sold by the dealer/seller or supplied by the buyer with a receipt.

Prise
02-01-2011, 7:27 AM
What if a person provided a sworn affadavit of having a gun safe?

halifax
02-01-2011, 7:37 AM
What if a person provided a sworn affadavit of having a gun safe?

OK for long guns but Federal law says handguns must be accompanied by a FSD.

dascoyne
02-01-2011, 8:04 AM
Works for me

at $14.99 for a $3 lock???

I don't think so.

dfletcher
02-01-2011, 8:22 AM

I'm curious as to how this works - do they give you a receipt? My experience is locks distributed by LE do not get a receipt and since the receipt, not the lock, is what's important no receipt = no good.

How is it the lock can be used over & over for PPTs?

My experience with locks is all over the place - from "lock, what lock?" to me selling them mine for $1.00 and them selling it back for the same. One time I showed up with a lock receipt that accidentally had "Bank of America - For Deposit Only" stamped on top (instead of the gun store name) - couldn't figure out why they were questioning it, but we figured it out.

BTW, last year I dropped off a bag of about 90 gun locks at the Bullseye gun store in Castro Valley - if everyone did the same and stores sold them for a buck I think the gun lock purchase problem would go away.

dfletcher
02-01-2011, 8:24 AM
at $14.99 for a $3 lock???
I don't think so.

You get 15 receipts - dollar a pop, dollar a lock.

Coded-Dude
02-01-2011, 8:28 AM
Sportsmans hasn't made me buy a lock and I have purchased two handguns from them
(both accompanied with a lock)

Jimmy310
02-01-2011, 8:50 AM
Last time i did a transfer, they charged me for a lock. When i picked up my pistol, they didn't give me the lock or make me do or sign a safe handling demo.

dascoyne
02-01-2011, 9:04 AM
You get 15 receipts - dollar a pop, dollar a lock.so, you either find 14 other people who need the receipts
... or you plan out your next 14 handgun purchases so you can date them appropriately and have it pay off by March 2012 at the earliest?

... I suppose it's practical if you're making 15 privately transferred handgun purchases at once. In that case I might use the service instead of buying 15 $7 locks.

... then again ... I ALWAYS (cough) use my locks at home so it wouldn't be an issue with me.

dieselpower
02-01-2011, 9:08 AM
So I just picked up a gun after a PPT. I brought a hand written receipt with the following listed on it. Buyer name, seller name, date of sale, price, and the lock being sold. I took that and the lock with me to pick up the gun and the gunshop employees literally laughed at me and said NO. They said I had to have a store receipt and they wouldn't accept a handwritten receipt. I said BS to the first guy who then went and asked another employee/manager/something. He too laughed and said not a chance.

They then stated how much "we HATE to sell you the lock but its the law". I called them on the BS and they attempted to tell me they only make a dollar on each TEN DOLLAR lock and they hate the fact that they "HAVE TO" sell it to me. I ended up buying their 10 dollar lock despite having a brand new one with me already.

Was this all FUD? After all, this is the same place that refused to give me a copy of the DROS last time but gladly agreed this time.

you had a lock and they said you needed to buy one...Call the corp office.

Since when is an approved lock not approved unless its bought at the time the gun is? If you had the lock and receipt with you...thats all the law needs...

No one has ever questioned me on this.

am I wrong here?

Im not wrong...they are. Your receipt was good for 30days.
(e) The sale or transfer of a firearm shall be exempt from subdivision (a) if all of the following apply:
(1) The purchaser or transferee purchases an approved safety device no more than 30 days prior to the day the purchaser or transferee takes possession of the firearm.
(2) The purchaser or transferee presents the approved safety device to the firearms dealer when picking up the firearm.
(3) The purchaser or transferee presents an original receipt to the firearms dealer which shows the date of purchase, the name, and the model number of the safety device.
(4) The firearms dealer verifies that the requirements in (1) to (3), inclusive, have been satisfied.
(5) The firearms dealer maintains a copy of the receipt along with the dealers' record of sales of firearms.

Shawn L
02-01-2011, 9:12 AM
It's not as bad a Ammo Bro's charging me for a lock when the gun I PPT'ed (Springfield Loaded 1911) had a ILS internal lock.

beerman
02-01-2011, 2:09 PM
I'm curious as to how this works - do they give you a receipt? My experience is locks distributed by LE do not get a receipt and since the receipt, not the lock, is what's important no receipt = no good.

My experience with locks is all over the place - from "lock, what lock?" to me selling them mine for $1.00 and them selling it back for the same. One time I showed up with a lock receipt that accidentally had "Bank of America - For Deposit Only" stamped on top (instead of the gun store name) - couldn't figure out why they were questioning it, but we figured it out.

BTW, last year I dropped off a bag of about 90 gun locks at the Bullseye gun store in Castro Valley - if everyone did the same and stores sold them for a buck I think the gun lock purchase problem would go away.

I did not get a receipt. When I did the gun pick-up,they took one look at my "child saftey lock" and gave me my gun. They never asked for a receipt for it...I've used it 3 times so far..at different FFLs.

himurax13
02-01-2011, 2:18 PM
That's funny, when I bought a lock from Walmart, it was $5. I have every plan on returning it when I pick up my P01 this friday. Turners only charges $5 or $6 for their lock so I have no problem with that.

However, when I did a transfer at The Firing Line in Northridge back in 2009, those rip off artists charged me $16 + tax for a freaking gun lock. Too bad, because I was going to get a one year membership and become a regular customer there until that happened.

Scratch705
02-01-2011, 3:07 PM
i'm just saying but, you can print up your own receipts/invoices just by downloading a MS word template
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/CL102207654.aspx?av=all#ai:TC006207082|
(2003 Word version)
then just fill in info. the law never mentioned that it had to be a sale with a real business, just that you have a receipt dated within 30 days. ;)

(1) The purchaser or transferee purchases an approved safety device no more than 30 days prior to the day the purchaser or transferee takes possession of the firearm.
(3) The purchaser or transferee presents an original receipt to the firearms dealer which shows the date of purchase, the name, and the model number of the safety device.
(4) The firearms dealer verifies that the requirements in (1) to (3), inclusive, have been satisfied.
(5) The firearms dealer maintains a copy of the receipt along with the dealers' record of sales of firearms.

you had a lock and they said you needed to buy one...Call the corp office.

Since when is an approved lock not approved unless its bought at the time the gun is? If you had the lock and receipt with you...thats all the law needs...

No one has ever questioned me on this.

am I wrong here?

only in the sense that handwritten reciepts are generally not accepted by FFL's since from a record standpoint it looks really iffy when a CADOJ or ATF inspector comes around to check the records.

Baconator
02-01-2011, 3:29 PM
I've done handgun PPT's at at least 3 different FFL's and I have never been asked for a lock other than the one included with the gun from the manufacturer. Maybe I'm just lucky?

ajaffe
02-01-2011, 4:52 PM
It depends where you go. Some claim it is story policy, some state, some don't care.

jaymz
02-01-2011, 5:04 PM

Tell the gunshop employee to show you the PC that mandates a printed vs. handwritten receipt. If he knows it's the law, he'll be able to, if he is spreading FUD (he is), he won't be able to produce. That's when you tell him to pound sand and find another FFL.

ke6guj
02-01-2011, 5:10 PM
It's not as bad a Ammo Bro's charging me for a lock when the gun I PPT'ed (Springfield Loaded 1911) had a ILS internal lock.

yah, that sucks since the Springfield ILS lock is an approved lock that should cover both CA and federal law.

CZlover
02-01-2011, 5:12 PM

Nope! Turner's always accept cable locks from sellers to buyers without receipts. It's one of those things I like about Turners besides the fact that they provide free cable locks if you purchase new firearms from them(dont know about used / consignment guns):D

The OP could've been @ The Stockade in Westminster or Ade's in Orange...:D

As fas as I know, Iron Sights in San Diego accepts cable lock from seller too :)

Cokebottle
02-01-2011, 5:34 PM
*Maybe I should get a bicycle??? They might work for that?:beatdeadhorse5:
Nahh... The bike would be gone in 30 seconds, but they do make great motorcycle helmet locks.

Cokebottle
02-01-2011, 5:42 PM
Some FFLs read the law as permitting the seller of a PPT to furnish (meets Federal requirements) the lock, with the cost of the lock being included in the purchase price (same way it works when Springfield or Ruger include a lock with a new gun).

Then again, some FFLs don't recognize the legality of the manufacturer-furnished lock and make you buy one anyways.
I avoid those FFLs.

Cokebottle
02-01-2011, 5:45 PM
Last time i did a transfer, they charged me for a lock. When i picked up my pistol, they didn't give me the lock or make me do or sign a safe handling demo.
Turner's Chino Hills did that to me on my RIA Tactical.
At the time of sale, I was told that RIA doesn't include a lock so I needed to buy one. He added it to the receipt and I paid the extra $5.

On pickup day, he forgot to include it and I forgot to ask for it.
It was an honest mistake, I'm sure. I got home and mentioned it, and my wife insisted that I drive back and get "my" lock.

Once again... it's not worth the $3-$6 for me to return a lock to Wally World... it certainly wasn't worth the 6 mile drive and 30+ minutes out of my life to retrieve a lock that I will never use.

Onlyincali
02-02-2011, 3:40 AM
Yes, this shop was so full of FUD i'll never go back there. First they refused to give me a copy of any of the PPT paperwork, stating "we don't do that". Then they refused my handwritten receipt and insisted that they "HATE" selling garbage locks for 10 bucks. They were rude, complained about not making money on PPT and then complained that I paid with a 100 dollar bill and they had to "give me all their change".

The store was
AMERICAN SHOOTING CENTER in San Diego and I will NOT go back. Nor do I suggest anyone else does.