PDA

View Full Version : What documents do you carry with you...

Skawrpion
08-31-2006, 2:09 PM
when you take your legal OLL built shooting? Or do you (personally) not need any because you are fearless and know the law.:D

Your thoughts?

Nefarious
08-31-2006, 2:14 PM
There used to be a nice sticky with links to the documents that people cary.

I only carry 2 things - both of which can be found at this link.
http://caag.state.ca.us/firearms/awguide/index.html

Yes I did print out the WHOLE thing...

I used to carry around a list of all the OLL's, but for what... its not an official list, just somethign that was typed up. Anyone could easily add a banned OLL - its good to have for personal knowledge, however, I chose to remove it from my packet :)

Edit:
Used to also cary around 12275 thru 12290
http://caag.state.ca.us/firearms/dwcl/12275.htm

but removed it as well

SemiAutoSam
08-31-2006, 2:55 PM
A copy of harrot would be helpful to show that the AW in the list below must be listed by make and model not just by MFG. as in Galil All in the list.

http://caag.state.ca.us/firearms/dwcl/12275.htm

Does anyone have a link to harrot ?

rssslvr
08-31-2006, 3:01 PM
In my rifle case I have a copy of the FAQ,the letter I got from the DOJ saying that my OLL is not on the list and is legal."THE LIST" of banned lowers,the definition of a detachable mag,a copy of my DROS and recipt,12275 thru 12290.A copy of harrot would also be good and I am going to print that out today.Thanks SAS

xrMike
08-31-2006, 3:03 PM
I haven't felt the need to carry any of those legal docs so far.

The people that run the range where I shoot don't care what you bring, as long as you're safe with it. And the only cop who showed an interest in my rifle so far was really cool about it too, and had the same opinion as the range personnel.

I'm just not worried about it, but maybe I'm living in fairy land?

rssslvr
08-31-2006, 3:24 PM
It may be overkill the amount of paper work I have but I want to be ready just incase I have to do some explaining

Skawrpion
08-31-2006, 3:26 PM
the letter I got from the DOJ saying that my OLL is not on the list and is legal.

Was this a personal letter you received from them? I've done a search here on the forum found some links to a DOJ memo but apparently it has been pulled from the doj.ca.gov site for the link takes me to page cannot be found error. Any one out there with an electronic copy of this memo willing to post or send via PM?

rssslvr
08-31-2006, 3:38 PM
Was this a personal letter you received from them? I've done a search here on the forum found some links to a DOJ memo (http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/forms/pdf/ar15notice.pdf) but apparently it has been pulled from the doj.ca.gov site for the link takes me to page cannot be found error. Any one out there with an electronic copy of this memo willing to post or send via PM?
Yes it was a response that I got from them when I sent a letter in asking if this lower and that lower was legal to purchase.I also have a copy of the memos.I would send it to you but I only have a copy I printed

Skawrpion
08-31-2006, 3:39 PM
Does anyone have a link to harrot ?

Is it this? http://www.rkba.org/judicial/harrott-kings-county-casupct.pdf

Mudvayne540ld
08-31-2006, 3:48 PM
yep. thats the one.
I also keep Harrot in my folder, along with §12275 - §12290 and the Kasler List.
I can also state what all of those laws say with full understanding of what I am saying, just in case I forget the folder.

bu-bye
08-31-2006, 3:50 PM
Well, I always carry my license to kill. When at the beach I carry my Bikini inspector card just incase.:D

I keep a copy of my DOJ letter saying STAG receivers are legal in my bag but i have yet to pull it out for any reason. All the LOE's I run into either don't care or have a few of their own.

grammaton76
08-31-2006, 4:00 PM
I keep the 'features' list, with 'centerfire' bolded, printed on a laminated 8.5x11" piece of paper in my gun case. This is because of my 22LR with evil features and detachable mags.

I keep it under the liner so that it doesn't get crumpled up. Just lift the liner and you're set to show it.

I also keep AR-15 fliers under the liner as well, every single time I go to the range I give out a few of those. And now I've got business card versions... :)

Fate
08-31-2006, 7:55 PM
I don't carry anything but my self-loading, centerfire rifle with no evil features.

The truth will set you free ;)

50BMGBOB
08-31-2006, 8:58 PM
I don't carry any papers. I know the law and can explain it. I don't think that an officer would care what I had as papers can be faked. But I can guide him to the law in their papers or DOJ web site. I think it comes down to attitude, if I'm reasonable and they are reasonable I don't have to worry. If they aren't, then I'll need a lawyer regardless of what I do or have.

xenophobe
08-31-2006, 9:57 PM
I only carry my AW Registration Confirmation letter. That's about all that's really needed. ;) :p

Skawrpion
09-01-2006, 7:30 AM
DOJ letter saying STAG receivers are legal

Were these letter sent individually to persons inquiring with DOJ about OLLs? Or was it once posted on their site?

If it was publicly available on their site a copy would be great if someone could post or PM to me, thanks.

rssslvr
09-01-2006, 7:39 AM
Were these letter sent individually to persons inquiring with DOJ about OLLs? Or was it once posted on their site?

If it was publicly available on their site a copy would be great if someone could post or PM to me, thanks.
They are personal letters.When this all started many people sent letters to the DOJ about what was legal and what wasn't.I think everyone that sent a letter got a response.

ocabj
09-01-2006, 7:44 AM
You shouldn't carry any documents out of principle.

Even if you are scared that you'll run into the most uninformed, power abusive law enforcement officer in the State of California with an OLL build.

This isn't Communist Russia or Nazi Germany, as much as many like to say California is like. We don't have to walk around with papers.

xrMike
09-01-2006, 7:53 AM
We don't have to walk around with papers.Yes, here in America we shouldn't have to show no stinking papers... :D

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/6a/Alfonso_Bedoya.jpg

gotgunz
09-01-2006, 9:40 PM
I always carry my drivers license and I think I may have a copy of my social security "document" in my possession as well...

What else could a man need? LOL

Cato
09-02-2006, 1:10 AM
Are you confident that your impromptu OLL presentation is going to change the LEO's opinion?

Thrillbilly
09-02-2006, 2:48 AM
Personally I do not carry any. But then again I always go with my buddies, and some of them are LEO's