PDA

View Full Version : Possible discounts with Midway

bluebaron
08-30-2006, 10:21 PM
I read there are discounts to be had with Midway when you become a C&R FFL. Anyone know what the discount is? Also are there other companies offering similar discounts?

Pthfndr
08-30-2006, 10:54 PM
I read there are discounts to be had with Midway when you become a C&R FFL. Anyone know what the discount is? Also are there other companies offering similar discounts?

It can vary with Midway. From a couple percent to as much as 20%.

Others offering discounts:
Brownell's - except for gunsmithing tools.
Graf & Sons
Numrich (maybe)

grammaton76
08-31-2006, 12:02 AM
I've put together a list of exactly what you're looking for. BTW, Midway is around 25% on average, I think, but almost nonexistent on some things.

http://www.thegunwiki.com/view/Gunwiki/CurioAndRelicDiscounters

PJA
08-31-2006, 3:39 AM
They also send you regular Dealer Catalogs.
Pete

metalhead357
08-31-2006, 6:45 AM
I *think* there must be deals also through CDNN~ as my catalogs always look different than the one's my FFL buddy gets.....and never shares:rolleyes: I too have heard all the ones mentioned previously with the exception of Numrich. Beyond those~ there seems to always be some quip about FFL discounts in many an add through Shotgun news.

grammaton76
08-31-2006, 12:13 PM
I *think* there must be deals also through CDNN~ as my catalogs always look different than the one's my FFL buddy gets.....and never shares:rolleyes: I too have heard all the ones mentioned previously with the exception of Numrich. Beyond those~ there seems to always be some quip about FFL discounts in many an add through Shotgun news.

I've made an inquiry with CDNN; will keep everyone posted. If I find out the details, they'll be posted here and in the gunwiki article. Thanks for the lead!

Let me know if you guys find any more C&R discounters...

bluebaron
08-31-2006, 11:38 PM
Thanks so much for the info. Can't wait for my license :)

jdberger
09-01-2006, 1:02 AM
I did a recent price comparison between Midway and Brownells for some 10/22 stuff.

Midway was the cheapest, hands down. Saved about $40 on a $250 order.

(note that this is with my C&R discount at both places).

YMMV:)

grammaton76
09-01-2006, 4:33 PM
I've received an answer from CDNN Investments - they do indeed have a C&R discount, and it's been added to the gunwiki.

Yes we do. You can mail a signed copy of your C&R to:

CDNN
PO BOX 6514
Abilene TX 79608

You will receive a 5% discount on ammo and 10% on accessories. Guns are net
priced, there is no further discount.

metalhead357
09-01-2006, 11:43 PM
grammaton~

Glad to hear that! I'm now gonna go have to roust him for some more info...its about time anyway for us to do another shoot...or at least shoot the spit sitdown. He's somewhere between an "ol timer" and yet still very much NOT close to retirement age! Has had some lines on guns/deals over the years that just ...stupify me.

I'll hit him up for more key spots soon:)

grammaton76
09-02-2006, 1:55 AM
Shamelessly stole this from the other board:

http://7.62x54r.net/MosinID/MosinLinksII.htm

I need to get around to finding out WHAT, exactly, the C&R FFL does with each of these places. The page seems to just be a list of places that'll do SOMETHING with your C&R... information on whether it's a discount or just being able to order guns, is absent.

hdcd
09-15-2006, 7:35 PM
Anyone know if you can get discounts on ammo from any of these places with your C&R? Thanks.

Tool
09-23-2006, 1:04 PM
Anyone know if you can get discounts on ammo from any of these places with your C&R? Thanks.

Answer = YES. As noted above, apparently, CDNN offers 5% fixed. MidwayUSA has discounts that vary, but I know they do apply to ammo. .. along with powder, primers etc.

Definitely worth the cost of getting your C&R FFL!;)