PDA

View Full Version : AK Build

The Tick
08-30-2006, 6:06 PM
I have a Romy G kit and would like to send it out to get built up. Please PM with any good gunsmiths. AZEX will not do business with CA anymore. Please help!. Normally I am a do it yourself guy but I believe an AK build is out of my league. I don not care if I have to send it out of state. Or if any one can give me the info of a FFL that will transfer a completed OL Ak that woul be a huge help?

grammaton76
08-30-2006, 6:16 PM
If pro gunsmith isn't a requirement, you've got some options.

There's a dude on here organizing a group build party, if you look around the forums a bit.

Or if you're in the San Diego area, I can take care of you on a Saturday.

I don't know any pro gunsmiths that'll touch CA AK's.

insin
08-30-2006, 9:17 PM
Its really not that hard. I've done a few with just a little research and funds. I dont know why people think its such an impossible task. Im sure if sat down and read a few guides you might think the same.

PanzerAce
08-31-2006, 1:49 AM
I don't know any pro gunsmiths that'll touch CA AK's.

Well, there was one, but we drove him off (I still havent found out why exactly people started slamming on him).

grammaton76
08-31-2006, 2:05 AM
Well, there was one, but we drove him off (I still havent found out why exactly people started slamming on him).

That was Azex, and he wasn't a Californian. I think they were asking specifically about California gunsmiths - if outside of CA is cool, then the forums on k-var.com (migeta - Something Something Gunsmith Ethical Trade Alliance) should be swarming with viable candidates for AK builds.

As for Azex, I think you can still look him up on the member list and read over his posts. He seemed to take most of his time to slam us for the laws in California. In short, he brought the arfcom/whatnot anti-CA attitude here into Calguns, which was set up specifically so we can get away from that crap! The dude seemed like he was mostly here to fight flame wars, and basically kept prodding folks (seemingly for amusement) until he got banned.

Some members weren't pleased with him charging Californians more or something like that, but frankly I don't care about that - if the price is too high, look elsewhere.

The Tick
09-01-2006, 5:08 PM
I would not mind sending the kit to another state to be built up. I was wondering if anyone had a recommendation. I would love to purchase a complete rifle if any one can point me in the right direction

The Tick
09-05-2006, 6:36 PM
any sugestions?

grammaton76
09-05-2006, 6:45 PM
As has been stated, it seems your only viable options are to go looking for gunsmiths (k-var has a bunch on their forums) or do it yourself.

Pretty much everyone on here has done it themselves or bought a pre-assembled rifle, other than the couple dudes who got in at Azex.