PDA

View Full Version : What if?

someguy111
01-31-2011, 1:01 AM
So what if you guys new a ex-con..who inherited a shotgun from a deceased realtive.

What if the ex-con had to move the said shotgun from the deceased realtives house, because he has two very nosey nieces (not even teenagers).

What if the ex-con tried to call the sheriff's station, but got the feeling if he actually went down there to turn the shotgun in they would probably detain and or arrest the ex-con?

The ex-con is trying to do the right thing, the ex-con knows HE CANNOT own, or possess a firearm...the ex-con is looking for some advice, and doesn't really have anyone he could trust to do this for him...

PandaLuv
01-31-2011, 1:04 AM
The ex-con is screwed , pretty much

longarmshortlegs
01-31-2011, 1:18 AM
If he had an idea to give up the firearm at a local PD (or gun "buy-back") maybe he should check his family/friends' list to see if it includes any non-cons. He doesn't have anyone he "trusts"? It sounds like the deceased relative has some nieces, or grandchildren, or both, in the house of the deceased relative, which is not the house of the ex-con. Where do the rest of the adults fit into this equation?

someguy111
01-31-2011, 1:23 AM
you can actually say that 2 out of 3 generations are ex-cons (1st grandparents, 2nd parents, 3rd ex-con and siblings)

SoCal Bob
01-31-2011, 11:20 AM
If the shotgun is over 50 years old it may qualify for a cash & carry sale where it could be sold and the new owner could pick it up at the Grandma's house. I think the ex-con would then be handling the estate as opposed to possessing the shotgun. Might want to send a PM to wildhawker and see if he can get someone to answer the question.

I would also think that if the ex-con were to call the local PD/SD and just explain that he was handling his Grandma's estate and came across a shotgun and wants to turn it in because of their restrictions there would not be a problem. I would tell them that I would meet them out front, and the shotgun is inside the house if I did, just to minimize the chance of a misunderstanding.