PDA

View Full Version : LA gang wars, Nat Geo show...What gun was this?

rudeboy3
01-31-2011, 1:01 AM
So I saw the show last night and I could not figure out what it was. It was a short barreled rifle or pistol(I dont remember if it had a stock) and the homeboys referred to it as their "223". It had the pistol grip with the fire controls in front of the magazine. They had a 30 round mag in it(but since they are illegal, it must have been a 10 round with a mag lock:rolleyes:). Did anyone see it?

Victory
01-31-2011, 2:13 AM
Bushmaster Armpistol

http://world.guns.ru/smg/usa/imp-221-guu-4--p-e.html

-Vic

yakmon
01-31-2011, 2:59 AM
that thing is ghetto fabulous!

tonelar
01-31-2011, 3:19 AM
plus it's uber reliable

mlatino
01-31-2011, 4:11 AM
I liked how they were talking about when they got into a gun fight "clappin at da po-leece and makin dem run in a shootout."

Probably won't be hard to solve that case now eh?

I wonder how many probation/parole violations were written IMMEDIATELY following that show.
effin tards.

SanPedroShooter
01-31-2011, 6:12 AM
That thing is a collectors item. It never ceases to amaze me the type of weaponry that ends up on the street. It select fire, so were did it come from? Someones pre 86 HA conversion? Stolen from the military?

Merc1138
01-31-2011, 8:38 AM
That thing is a collectors item. It never ceases to amaze me the type of weaponry that ends up on the street. It select fire, so were did it come from? Someones pre 86 HA conversion? Stolen from the military?

Possibly stolen(heck, the thing might have even been legally purchased at one point then sold to someone(knowingly or otherwise) who decided to use it for nefarious reasons) god knows how long ago and re-sold on the street who knows how many times.

Look at the AKs and some of the guns you see on the news from overseas. Somali pirates aren't buying those brand new from the factory, they could have had a couple dozen different owners over the course of 40+ years.

dieselpower
01-31-2011, 10:48 AM

They are easy to make with a mill and lathe. It might be a newly constructed weapon. If you think gang bangers don't understand manufacturing I would re-think your position. I can safely bet there are several gang bangers on this board daily. I knew several gang bangers in the military also. Not all gang bangers are drugged up high school drop-outs.

WDE91
01-31-2011, 1:40 PM
Aww Big Jake and Neil are only members of the PinkPistolPunks
they only threaten people with a little shakedown and cavity search

stormy_clothing
01-31-2011, 4:09 PM
Proves the adage that criminals will get guns no matter if they have to get them in 1968

smle-man
01-31-2011, 7:18 PM
I saw them for sale as a semi auto only when they first came out. I thought about getting one but passed as it seemed to be a pretty useless firearm neither handgun nor rifle.

Colt-45
01-31-2011, 7:33 PM
Jees now that's an ugly *** gun.

http://world.guns.ru/userfiles/_thumbs/Images/smg/smg143/imp-221_armpistol.jpg

What show are you guys talking about? Is there some way I can see it online?

TURBOELKY
01-31-2011, 7:36 PM
I would be pretty upset to get shot, but if I was shot by that and lived, I'd probably off my self out of pure disgust...:puke:

rero360
01-31-2011, 7:45 PM
Interesting, I just read an article about this firearm in a magazine from last august on bullpup rifles. I was about to make a comment about how there is only like 6 in existence but I looked over the article again and saw that it was originally published in '75

bplvr
01-31-2011, 8:54 PM
....let's see ,with a B/B , a single shot sled, a 7.5 " barrel .............
as it doesn't have a shoulder stock it isn't a SBR ,it just tucks into your
elbow pit.

Build :party: :)

Ibgreezy
01-31-2011, 10:40 PM
I want one

mif_slim
01-31-2011, 10:57 PM
Isn't that the shoulder thing that goes up? Haha

Anyways, I agree that gangs have master minds above and the minons are the one the cops find. Since our law is so righteous the master mind of large organized gangs are rearly touched.

rudeboy3
02-01-2011, 12:16 AM
Thanks for the replies everyone. To the poster who asked it was a show called Inside- LA Gang Wars. I was watching in disbelief thinking to myself about how I could drive to that street in about 30 minutes. I worked in a ghetto but that show really put it into perspective.

tonelar
02-02-2011, 2:23 PM
The one I saw in a RWC gun shop in the eighties was a semi

....let's see ,with a B/B , a single shot sled, a 7.5 " barrel .............
as it doesn't have a shoulder stock it isn't a SBR ,it just tucks into your
elbow pit.

Build :party: :)

I thought the Bushmaster ARM was named in Roberti Roos