PDA

View Full Version : NV, AZ & UT CCW classes

WokMaster1
01-30-2011, 11:26 PM
Will be travelling through these states in summer. I'm looking for a one stop shop for CCW classes. Is there someone in the San Francisco Bay area who does this?

I think NV has to be taken in state, correct? Looking for some leads here. Thanks.

speeedracerr
01-30-2011, 11:53 PM
Will be travelling through these states in summer. I'm looking for a one stop shop for CCW classes. Is there someone in the San Francisco Bay area who does this?

I think NV has to be taken in state, correct? Looking for some leads here. Thanks.

Yep... NV must be taken in NV so if you decide to go you should schedule a weekend to complete everything. First day classes/firearm qualification for firearm you intend to carry and Second day process paper work at LVMPD Fingerprinting Bureau.

WokMaster1
01-31-2011, 7:30 AM
Wonder if there is anything in Stateline/Carson City/Minden/Reno area? Anyone have any leads?

Zak
02-09-2011, 1:02 AM

I was under the impression that AZ CCW classes had to be taken within the boundaries of AZ as well. Take a look at the bottom of this link on the AZ DPS website:

http://www.azdps.gov/Services/Concealed_Weapons/Permits/Obtain/

All training for an AZ CCW permit MUST be conducted within the borders of the state of Arizona.

I took a class in Arizona last month, but the instructor never mentioned anything about it. Can anybody confirm?

RP1911
02-11-2011, 11:51 AM
Alternate Applicant Instructions.

If you possess documentation, as stipulated in ARS 13-3112(E)(6)(b-d), you may qualify to obtain a permit without attending the DPS approved firearms-safety training course. Please contact the Concealed Weapons Permit Unit to obtain an application packet

http://www.azdps.gov/Links/ARS/?l=13/03112.htm

Section N also