PDA

View Full Version : Surprise!!!

Wycoff013
01-30-2011, 5:18 PM
So, I have been wanting to get back into guns for sometime now and have had some great conversations with members here. I am married to a women who has been an anti for her whole life. She had an opportunity to shoot last summer with her cousin, who is an instructor and came away with a better outlook on guns. But still hates them, more like afraid of them.
To make the story short, we were at the sports store today buying BB's for my sons. When she comes up to me and asks "what gun were you looking at?", I replied the M&P 45, why? Do you like it? Yep, it feels great in my hand, I replied. She turns to the gentleman at the counter and says, we'll buy it :eek: . This is where I pick myself off the floor and kiss her. After having to sell my guns when we were married, I thought I would never get another one in the house.
So now the hard part, the wait. It's killing me already and the gun should arrive 3 days before my birthday. By the way, I was buying BB's for a rifle I am using to teach my young twin sons the safety and proper way to use a firearm. They to had the chance to hold a 22 and had smiles from ear to ear :D . I think she has opened a gate she will not be able to close later.

PandaLuv
01-30-2011, 5:21 PM
lol nice, congrats. I can't wait to get mine either

BadKitty
01-30-2011, 5:34 PM
LOL....not all of us women are anti - glad to hear your Mrs. is coming around. :)

BK

ojisan
01-30-2011, 5:44 PM
Wycoff!
Wycoff!
Hey Wycoff!
WAKE UP!!!!!

< Wycoff, dozing in his chair before the PC, grunts and opens his eyes. He realizes he has been posting in his sleep again. Uh-oh, what dream did he post about this time?And on what website? Phew...safe...CalGuns...and it's the same repeating dream where his wife finally lets him buy the M&P .45>

Wycoff, should there be any truth to your post, I believe what the gate has been opened is for your wife to get herself a new sports car.

I have been married 33 years and speak from exprience on these matters.

As regards my 33 years of marriage, I have come to accept it.
I am no longer angry, just bitter.

;)

(Congrats on your new M&P!)

mikaarce
01-30-2011, 6:25 PM
Congatulaions

Fjold
01-30-2011, 6:49 PM
Find a babysitter and then take the wife out to a nice restaurant, then visit a museum or art gallery, etc, (something that she likes).

Married 33 years also. (I don't even look both ways when I cross the street anymore.)

DirtNapKing
01-30-2011, 6:53 PM
I don't even look both ways when I cross the street anymore.

I let my wife cross the street first. :D

BayAreaShooter
01-30-2011, 6:56 PM
Why the heck did you sell all your guns in the first place.

bsg
01-30-2011, 7:04 PM
welcome to the forum.

SoCal Bob
01-30-2011, 7:32 PM
Welcome to Calguns.

zod
01-30-2011, 10:22 PM
Things change and people change. Looks like things are changing for the better. Enjoy the new toy and welcome to the forums.

bjl333
01-30-2011, 11:12 PM
Welcome to Calguns and welcome back to the gun world !!!

DeanW66
01-31-2011, 9:34 AM
Welcome aboard and congrats on the turn around (first time I typed that out as run around, lol)

dellgsg5
01-31-2011, 9:46 AM
Welcome to Calguns!

den888
01-31-2011, 3:01 PM
Welcome!

Big E
02-01-2011, 1:42 PM
Welcome to Calguns. Enjoy your present. And even if she wants something in return, give it to her. I keep the Mrs. happy, and she keeps me happy. I've even got mine to go to the range with me once......baby steps....itty, bitty, baby steps.