PDA

View Full Version : Do You Wear Snakeproof Boots When Hunting?

joel1316
08-30-2006, 9:43 AM
Just curious? How important are snakeproof boots here in Northern California? I was thinking of ordering some, but really don't like the height of 15"+ boots. Are they comfortable? Do I really need them? Has anyone heard of stories of hunter being bitten by a snake?

rod
08-30-2006, 9:50 AM
Just curious? How important are snakeproof boots here in Northern California? I was thinking of ordering some, but really don't like the height of 15"+ boots. Are they comfortable? Do I really need them? Has anyone heard of stories of hunter being bitten by a snake?

Never wore them or owned any. I don't see much use for them. A good pair of outdoor hiking boots and paying attention to where you're walking is all you need.

caduckgunner
08-30-2006, 9:58 AM
Do You Wear Snakeproof Boots

Only when on a plane :D :D :D

BigMac
08-30-2006, 10:48 AM
I hunt in rattlesnake country and have never seen a live one.

I have seen pleanty of dead ones, shot by friends, but bever a live snake. I am a big kitty when it comes to snakes too so I AM looking.

joel1316
08-30-2006, 10:55 AM
Plus, the higher boots will need longer socks....
I was talking with my Uncle and says he feels more comfortable hunting with snake boots on, one less thing to worry about.

anotherone
08-30-2006, 5:44 PM
Last time my buddy and I saw a snake we were out giggin' frogs. We pulled over the truck, gigged him with a frog gig, and threw him in the bag. Fried him up later on... dang good stuff :D!

Scotto
08-30-2006, 5:49 PM
Only when on a plane :D :D :D

ha ha ha
[In the voice of Samuel Jackson] "NO I CANT LOWER MY VOICE - THERE ARE SNAKES ON THE PLANE"