PDA

View Full Version : 12 Ga. SXS hammer for the wife

ETD1010
08-29-2006, 10:39 PM
My wife really wants one of these, and I've searched high and low for them. I've found some decent older models for around $300-$400, but most are in need of minor to heavy repair. I've recently come across the Interstate coach gun, and I know Rossi makes a similar one. Given the price I can get the Interstate for, I'm leaning toward that for her, but I know it's a "cheaper" gun than most. Can anyone give me some unfront advice on the true quality of these? I've been told that they stocks can crack, but I would like to know if there are any other issues with them. Thanks guys! Also, if anyone HASN'T had any problems with them, that'd be great to know, too! :)

~Eric

redneckshootist
08-29-2006, 11:09 PM
I've got one of the intersate arms got it from big 5 for like $200 on sale. I have alot of fun with it I've never had any problems and I shoot 3" slugs out of it. Just make sure she can handle recoil cause it can hurt after a wile

ETD1010
08-29-2006, 11:25 PM
I've got one of the intersate arms got it from big 5 for like $200 on sale. I have alot of fun with it I've never had any problems and I shoot 3" slugs out of it. Just make sure she can handle recoil cause it can hurt after a wile

Her main reason for wanting it was after she fell in love with my 870. She's shot 3" slugs out of that thing. Granted, the smaller Interstate will kick harder, but she loves the shottie. Just wants her own SXS with hammers... plus I'll get to shoot it too. . . wonder what 2 at a time with 3" slugs would feel like :eek:

Pokey
08-30-2006, 9:54 AM
Her main reason for wanting it was after she fell in love with my 870. She's shot 3" slugs out of that thing. Granted, the smaller Interstate will kick harder, but she loves the shottie. Just wants her own SXS with hammers... plus I'll get to shoot it too. . . wonder what 2 at a time with 3" slugs would feel like :eek:

"OUCH......":D

ivanimal
08-30-2006, 10:11 AM
Ouch also.:eek:

vega
08-31-2006, 4:20 PM
http://www.pecosbear.com/Norincosxs20in.jpg
Big 5 have them on sale for $250 from time to time. But if you talk with the manager he might let you have it for that price even if it's not on sale.

ETD1010
09-01-2006, 7:44 AM
http://www.pecosbear.com/Norincosxs20in.jpg
Big 5 have them on sale for $250 from time to time. But if you talk with the manager he might let you have it for that price even if it's not on sale.

I found one at a store nearby where I used to live. I have a guy who can get me a better deal on it than Big 5. If the wife likes it, it's all hers. Otherwise, I'll be on the search for the older ones. She's into that kind of historical nastolgia having her degree in history and all :)

ivanimal
09-01-2006, 8:16 AM
"12 Ga. SXS hammer for the wife"

Sounds like a good trade to me.:D

Sorry, I could not resist.;)