View Full Version : Romainian 22LR training rifle

08-29-2006, 9:55 PM
I just bought 5 Romainian rifles for $200 and looking to refurbish them hoping to get 3-4 working. Does anyone have an exploded view of one? Also how to disassemble the bolt? I know one is incomplete and all are missing the mags. I plan on using them to teach youth (Boy Scouts) gun safety. Thanks ahead of time.

Mssr. Eleganté
08-29-2006, 9:59 PM
Here's a link to the dissassembly instructions on Surplusrifle.com...

There used to be a source for magazines, Tiawanese copies I think, but they may have dried up.

08-29-2006, 10:31 PM
Thanks! I have a new site on my favorites list!!

08-30-2006, 6:11 AM
If you end up with an extra fireing pin please let me know ;)

08-30-2006, 7:04 AM
You can get mags from this guy.

08-30-2006, 9:44 PM
Thanks, I ordered new mags for them. I'll still make dummy blocks so they can be loaded single as required by the Boy Scouts.

After striping them down, I am missing 1 rear sight, 1 trigger, 1 firing pin and all 5 have broken spring followers! Also 4 front sling and 3 rear sling points. I can live with out the sling points. I'll have to make a new trigger and firing pin. They can be cut from flat stock. I'll have to harden the pin.

Question is about the spring followers. I wonder if I can braze/silver solder them back together or if I'll have to make new ones? Anyone else ever done this? I don't know if repairing them will be strong enough but making new ones is a lot of work.

BigMac, when I make the firing pin I'll make two. If they work you can have one but it will take me a while to get to it.

09-20-2006, 11:01 PM
Just an update. I wasn't able to braze them back together so I ended up making new ones using brake line, a bolt and key stock. I made a new trigger but I didn't like the way the the firing pins turned out. They worked but I made them a little to sharp so I'm going to remake them. I have to do some work to get the all safeties working (about half don't). I'm going to put a scope on the one that is missing the rear sight and leave the other's with iron sights. When I'm all done I'll post some pics of the parts and finished guns.