PDA

View Full Version : Illegal ammo ?

Metal Magic
01-29-2011, 8:47 PM
So a friend gave me a stock pile of his old ammo from out of state and I found a few tracer rounds in the box . . . .whats the best way to dispose of these? should I turn them over to law enforcement? I really don't want them, I just want to get rid of them safely. any info would be appreciated. Thanks

bohoki
01-29-2011, 10:08 PM
dig a hole

TURBOELKY
01-29-2011, 10:25 PM
Pull the bullet from the casing and just put a match to the back of it, or just toss them. Do NOT give them away to anybody PM'ing you, may result in a "trap", and its probably not a good ideal to just throw them away, someone can get hurt.

Metal Magic
01-29-2011, 10:47 PM
There is no way I would transfer them to anyone other then law enforcement. I guess I will dissmantle them myself then with a slug pulled and disspose of the casings at a shooting range dud bin? I wonder about calling the sheriff ? Prob a bad idea?

Tank 57
01-29-2011, 11:39 PM
Don't know where you are located,some ranges will dispose of them.

Metal Magic
01-30-2011, 5:11 PM
Ok dismantled them with no problems, then burned the life out with a blowtorch. They are no longer a threat. I did wear a welding mask which was a good idea because those things lit up like fireworks. Thanks again for the input guys.