PDA

View Full Version : Proposal for a build party

rollyourown
08-29-2006, 10:35 AM
This idea is now dead as fried chicken. I have no supplier for rear trunnions. There is no way I can do these builds without those trunnions. Crud, Thanks...K-var for having such a wonderful supply line.

GTKrockeTT
08-29-2006, 10:57 AM
is this a shill party for the DOJ?!? i smell entrapment!!! :D

j/k, i think this is a good idea, and i appreciate your efforts in trying to organize this. more karma points for you. i would be totally in, except that i'm expecting a newborn anyday now, so i'm not going to reserve a seat. perhaps later down the line? ;)

TonyNorCal
08-29-2006, 11:17 AM
is this a shill party for the DOJ?!? i smell entrapment!!! :D

LOL

This sounds like good fun. If I were in SoCal I'd be interested. Have fun with it. Also LOL to the public park

nanoer
08-29-2006, 11:25 AM
I'll join in :-D just tell me when and where and I'll come.

rollyourown
08-29-2006, 11:28 AM
once again a good idea goes into the footlocker of history.

Hopi
08-29-2006, 12:07 PM
You know that I'm in, I'm just waiting for my kit to show up in the next few days.
I might be able to host in Santa Barbara depending upon which weekend chosen, i will need to check my calendar. Would people be willing to drive up to Santa Barbara?

pulserifle99
08-29-2006, 12:36 PM
im from a town called lemoore and id be more than willing to go where ever this is going to be held

Nefarious
08-29-2006, 12:40 PM
This would be a good reason to buy AK parts and build one. I would be up for this group build, but I have not even begun to read up on the parts, equip etc etc needed for an OLL AK buildup - heck i just am starting to get comfortable with my AR's :D

sintax
08-29-2006, 5:18 PM
I'm down. Sounds like a good time to me ;)

guimus
08-29-2006, 6:18 PM
if you ever plan on bringing your tools and experience to the bay area I can guarantee you a captive audience and all the beer you can drink (after we're done playing with guns and machinery, of course.)

BoilermakerJim
08-29-2006, 7:53 PM
I second that on the bay area...

Nefarious
08-29-2006, 7:54 PM
This would be a good reason to buy AK parts and build one. I would be up for this group build, but I have not even begun to read up on the parts, equip etc etc needed for an OLL AK buildup - heck i just am starting to get comfortable with my AR's :D

Just noticed that your up in Riverside - should I read up on these OLL AK's, im up to host the next time around. Im south in San Diego... the El Cajon area. I do know ill be wanting an AK here in the near future

grammaton76
08-29-2006, 7:55 PM
Just noticed that your up in Riverside - should I read up on these OLL AK's, im up to host the next time around. Im south in San Diego... the El Cajon area. I do know ill be wanting an AK here in the near future

Heh, if you need one built, I've got my own setup and live right nearby - right by the 805+52. :p

I'm not into the full out party thing, my limit's one person a weekend since I don't feel like hauling my tools around.

rollyourown
08-29-2006, 10:06 PM
once again a good idea goes into the footlocker of history.

Nefarious
08-30-2006, 9:19 AM
Heh, if you need one built, I've got my own setup and live right nearby - right by the 805+52. :p

I'm not into the full out party thing, my limit's one person a weekend since I don't feel like hauling my tools around.

I might just have to take you up on that offer... actually.. I will. Ill have to scout around, and read up a little as to what components ill have to purchase (good ones to pick up), where to buy them,.. but definatly... that would be great.

theseacow
08-30-2006, 9:40 AM
+1 for the bay area

grammaton76
08-30-2006, 1:07 PM
I might just have to take you up on that offer... actually.. I will. Ill have to scout around, and read up a little as to what components ill have to purchase (good ones to pick up), where to buy them,.. but definatly... that would be great.

Advice on rivets: www.akbuilder.com - really nice black rivets. That's what I've used so far.

Tapco G2 single hook trigger group for compliance parts, unless you have a double hook receiver.

Edit: 7/32" e-clips to hold your FCG in place. 5/16" clips are used as an improvised mag-lock for the PTR-91 (I don't feel comfortable with that route!)

I've got all of these at my place, actually, let me know if you'd rather just buy those. :)

Upgrades you can go for include the Red Star Arms adjustable trigger.

Also, make sure you work through the script below to verify your 922(r) parts count compliance. Not sure if you want pinned or gripless; if you want gripless, remember that you aren't using an imported pistol grip, so that puts you one ahead on your compliance parts count.

http://thegunwiki.com/view/Gunwiki/BuildAkVerifyCompliance

Nefarious
08-30-2006, 1:34 PM
Advice on rivets: www.akbuilder.com - really nice black rivets. That's what I've used so far.

Tapco G2 single hook trigger group for compliance parts, unless you have a double hook receiver.

5/16" e-clips to hold your FCG in place.

I've got all of these at my place, actually, let me know if you'd rather just buy those. :)

Upgrades you can go for include the Red Star Arms adjustable trigger.

Also, make sure you work through the script below to verify your 922(r) parts count compliance. Not sure if you want pinned or gripless; if you want gripless, remember that you aren't using an imported pistol grip, so that puts you one ahead on your compliance parts count.

http://thegunwiki.com/view/Gunwiki/BuildAkVerifyCompliance

If you have some parts already there, Ill probably just buy those - to make things a little easier. Im going to start looking for all the items ill need to purchase tomorrow - im working tomorrow so i'll have at least 8 solid hours to spend on research :D :D :D . Both the Woman and I are off today, so I have to play "Man Maid" and pretend to look busy around the house.

Thanks ahead of time for the help!

maxiss
08-30-2006, 8:30 PM
I want in!!!! I just need to get everything ordered. I found A Romy G kit that I sent off a payment for today. I just need help with rest of items needed..I am not sure what reciever or other parts are needed for my build. If we need a place, I would be glad to host it.. I will be working the next 2 weekends tho. I live in San Bernardino off the 210 & 15 north. Let me know.

Mark

nanoer
08-31-2006, 10:03 AM
I want in!!!! I just need to get everything ordered. I found A Romy G kit that I sent off a payment for today. I just need help with rest of items needed..I am not sure what reciever or other parts are needed for my build. If we need a place, I would be glad to host it.. I will be working the next 2 weekends tho. I live in San Bernardino off the 210 & 15 north. Let me know.

Mark

hey hey... I'll drive up there... after that I can test out my ak up there too! bring some extra ammo(1,000 rounds should do it);) its only an hour drive from me to you. Just tell me when and I'll come, I'll bring some chips. Oh btw need help on taking off the rivets.

:-D PM me Mark and I'll talk to ya.

VeryCoolCat
08-31-2006, 10:30 AM
Heh, the DOJ is gonna rush out and get everyone in one clean sweep.

They are gonna catch you for having unpinned mags and anyone holding a pistol grip will be deemed a threat!

I got no reason to go, I don't have an OLL :p

rawb
08-31-2006, 10:42 AM
Sounds good to me...Im in Highland, just need to order the parts kits...

I have 2 nds-3s that are lonely and naked :(

but sign me up...

HkUSP45
08-31-2006, 11:04 AM
If you want to a place i wouldnt mind hosting it at my shop and i could learn a couple of new things. I have an automotive shop in OC, Westminster. 1500 sq ft. , i have a shop press, bench vise, welder, tig welder(need some replacement parts).