PDA

View Full Version : Thought of an interesting experiment...

Werewolf1021
01-29-2011, 7:40 AM
Not that this would actually prove anything, but just for kicks.

Get some sort of property in low, middle, and high crime areas, two in each area (how this will be done, I am not sure, too tired :D)

On property A, post a sign with something to the effect of "Guns are not owned or used upon this property. Possession or use is strictly forbidden."

On property B, far enough away from property A as to not show obvious relation, post a sign that says "Occupants will use deadly force with firearms against trespassers. Rob at your own risk."

Leave them up for a determinate amount of time, with hidden cameras inside to show number of break-ins, attempted break-ins, etc.

Any hypotheses? ;)

Forgot to add control house (no sign) in each area too.

PsychGuy274
01-29-2011, 8:56 AM
Send me the money; I'll do it :p

Reductio
01-29-2011, 10:16 AM
I won't need funding, just provide room and board for house B and I'm there. ;)

CSACANNONEER
01-29-2011, 10:19 AM
If I was looking to score firearms and weapons, I'd go where they were advertised.

Lrchops
01-29-2011, 10:35 AM
That experiment has been done. Look at democrat controlled cities and look at republican controlled cities.

383green
01-29-2011, 12:28 PM
Perhaps, have volunteers go door-to-door to give spiels about "sensible gun control" (in either the pro-gun or anti-gun definitions of that phrase) and offer free Brady/NRA signs. Do some surveillance to see which signs go up where, and periodically repeat to see how long they stay up. In the mean time, data-mine the police blotters for any hits on the targeted addresses. After all is said and done, analyze the data to look for any trends between the NRA-sign/Brady-sign/no-sign addresses, and do suitable sciencey stuff to try to account for any other factors.

bruss01
01-29-2011, 7:23 PM
If I was looking to score firearms and weapons, I'd go where they were advertised.

^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^

Wait until everyone leaves for work, then break in and have 8 hours to round up goodies before anyone gets home. Happens all the time. If you're really thinking ahead have a plumbing logo on your van (removable once you leave the scene) and wear coveralls and carry a wrench. Nosy neighbors get a song and dance about the plumbing if they inquire. Later you are seen with an appliance dolly removing the old dishwasher (which you have filled with the DVD player, xbox, all the jewelery and handguns you could find out to the van and "taking it in for servicing". Strangers or bad guys don't always dress the part.