View Full Version : Is membership or donation better for the CPRA?

01-28-2011, 7:28 PM
I've seen lots of "should I join" threads here, but didn't see this question asked:

Which is better for the CPRA's legal fight? Joining as a member, or just donating the membership fee as a donation?

I ask because, after I joined as a member recently, I noticed a disclaimer that membership fees do not go to the legal fight, which is pretty much the reason I joined in the first place.

01-28-2011, 7:52 PM
Since the CRPA has a paid lobbyist to represent the membership, the number of members is as equally important as the donations are.

I'm not on the Finance Committee and don't have the stats available to give you, but I'm sure the Foundation portion of the CRPA, which is a non-profit, puts the donations towards the legal defense fund.

01-29-2011, 3:16 PM
Good to know, thanks!

01-29-2011, 5:34 PM
Both. Be a member first and foremost. Then if you have a few spare bucks, make a donation.

01-30-2011, 1:58 PM
First off, thanks for supporting CRPA by becoming a member! Secondly, donations in any amount made to the CRPA Foundation go directly towards legal fights in California and nationally that will have a positive impact in helping Califonia cases.............

Welcome aboard and thanks again !