PDA

View Full Version : Advice in finding an off list MP5 clone lower

Cato
08-28-2006, 2:15 PM
Anyone know where I can find an off list MP5 clone lower receiver?

grammaton76
08-28-2006, 2:24 PM
Dunno about receivers, but complete rifles are easy enough to come by.

Vector, Bobcat, and Special Weapons - check 'the list' to be sure, but I think all three of these have off-list MP5s.

http://thegunwiki.com/view/Gunwiki/LegalCaliforniaHK

Cato
08-28-2006, 4:15 PM
Dunno about receivers, but complete rifles are easy enough to come by.

Vector, Bobcat, and Special Weapons - check 'the list' to be sure, but I think all three of these have off-list MP5s.

http://thegunwiki.com/view/Gunwiki/LegalCaliforniaHK

grammaton76
08-28-2006, 4:41 PM

The places I linked you to are the manufacturers. You can always have Spreadfire Arms or Cold War Shooters order the rifle for you, legalize it (remove pg in this case), then ship it to your FFL, for an extra fee. I believe Spreadfire is only charging $30 for this service.

olegk
08-28-2006, 4:51 PM
Atlantic Firearms was my pick. They did good.

6172crew
08-28-2006, 4:55 PM
Atlantic Firearms was my pick. They did good.

Did he leave the grip in the box or did he send the parts to your house?

olegk
08-28-2006, 6:00 PM
They sent it with rifle but removed. No magazine. I bought 10 rouner somwhere else.

shonc99
08-29-2006, 7:17 AM
I am waiting to pick up my bobcat. I had CWS ship is but if you live anywhere near Riverside, Bright Spot Pawn will do the transfer and take the shipment. Also, last week they had one in stock. The price was higher than mine, but with the transfer charge from CWS and BSP it is now equal. :mad:

xenophobe
08-29-2006, 5:29 PM
There's no such thing as a HK lower receiver.

rorschach
08-30-2006, 3:08 AM
There's no such thing as a HK lower receiver.

+1 I've never seen an AK "lower" receiver either.

HK's do have trigger housings sometimes erroneously referred to as "lower" but it's not a receiver.

bwiese
08-30-2006, 4:11 AM
HK's do have trigger housings sometimes erroneously referred to as "lower" but it's not a receiver.

Tell that to the DOJ before their next gunshow raid. They seem to have gotten that quite wrong at the Pomona show a few years ago.