PDA

View Full Version : Facebook Wall post floating around

kyle_e
01-28-2011, 10:02 AM
Hey fellow calgunners.

So this morning a few of my religious friends posted:

I believe in Jesus Christ.
One Facebooker has challenged all believers to put this on their wall. The Bible says, if you deny Me in front of your peers, I will deny you in front of my Father. If you love God and you are not afraid to show it, re-post this.

It got me thinking about one for the 2nd admendment:

I believe in the right to bear arms.
One Facebooker has challenged all gun owners to put this on their wall. The 2nd Amendment says, A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed. If you Believe in the 2nd Amendment and you are not afraid to show it, re-post this.

Let's see this one circulate! There was no challenge but I don't care because people have no idea where these things start. Well, this one will start at Calguns! If you're on Facebook post it or if you have a better one please let us know.

mrjones98
01-28-2011, 11:05 AM
How about something along the lines of:

I believe in the right to keep and bear arms.
One Facebooker has challenged all gun owners to put this on their wall. The Supreme Court of the United States has affirmed that the right to keep and bear arms is a fundamental right of the individual. If you Believe in the 2nd Amendment and you are not afraid to show it, re-post this.

Basically, trying to connect the dots to Heller and that we now have a fundamental, individual RKBA. My guess is many people out there don't know about Heller and may still believe that the 2A may only apply to militias...