PDA

View Full Version : Model 1 Sales, what is your experience?

tenpercentfirearms
08-27-2006, 10:30 PM
Hey, I am on a roll for being unpopular around here right now, so why not start another flame fest!

Poll question is, What kind of experience have you had with Model 1 Sales?

1) Had a great to satisfactory experience.
2) Had a bad experience.
3) Have only heard numerous things about Model 1 Sales but have no experience.

Remember, this has nothing to do with what you heard, except for option 3. Only real life experience.

Santa Cruz Armory
08-27-2006, 10:37 PM
Great experience!!!

My 20" .223 shoots great! it arrived fast and was a good deal at $561 shipped for a complete rifle kit. I added the FF hand gaurd, detatchable carry handle and national match sights.

blkA4alb
08-27-2006, 10:41 PM
Great service, I received my upper in under a week and it shoots dead on. Well worth it. :cool: :cool:

oaklander
08-27-2006, 10:48 PM
I have an XM177 clone from M1S.

11.5 barrel and 5.5 flash-hider.

Shoots 1.5 inch groups at 50 yards. Never misfires, never fails to feed, and never fails to eject - even after 2000 rounds of ammo.

Put it together myself.

The parts look good. Finish was good. Some of the roll pins were a little larger than they needed to be - that's about it.

Arrived in less than 5 working days from date they got the order.

In fact, they sent it out at 7 p.m. their time (according to the tracking info). That tells me they are working hard.

The woman on the phone was nice.

Arrived at my door via UPS.

The finish is very similar to the finish on my Stag 15 lower - so it's a nice match.

No complaints at all - would buy from them again.

fal_762x51
08-27-2006, 11:47 PM
I like my heavy 16" barrel I got from them. I mix matched my gun from various companies and they all took well to the M1Sales barrel.

blkA4alb
08-27-2006, 11:49 PM
I would also like to mention that the finish is nearly a perfect match to my High Standard lower.

50BMGBOB
08-28-2006, 12:10 AM
I ordered online and they called to say one option I wanted was back ordered. Asked if I wanted to wait, get a split shipment (I had a kit plus parts for a differant lower) or change it. Sense it was an option I debated about in the first place I had them drop that opion and ship it all. It got here quick and worked with no problems. I would order agian from them with out a doubt.

shonc99
08-28-2006, 8:43 AM
I am about to order another three uppers from them. Two for friends and one for me. There is another thread about M1S and it seems most are happy with the quality, price and service.

Ten Rounder
08-28-2006, 10:10 AM
Bought a V-22 upper that was previously rusted and cleaned before it was shipped to me. Shipped and packaged poorly. I had it for about an hour and returned it.

High note, I did get my money back

CALI-gula
08-28-2006, 10:35 AM
HAH HAH!

I read the title too fast! I thought you were talking about sales of a particular gun, namely this "one":

http://ruger.com/Firearms/images/Product-Models/42.jpg

( Ruger #1 - single shot rifle ).

And I thought to myself, "That is a really odd selection to test demographics and market interest" thinking maybe you had gotten a great deal on 50 of them and was looking to pass them off at a super-discount. In any case, most anyone that has ever shot the Ruger #1, likes it a lot!! :)

Ryan HBC
08-28-2006, 5:08 PM
Back when me and my friend were first building our OLL's, I went with a Bushmaster Upper and he went with a M1S. Both were 16" "pre ban" A2 uppers. Both were reliable, both looked good. The only problem with the Model 1 upper was the sites.

Mine was nearly zeroed at 50 yards right out of the box, while his was way off. We went to zero his rifle and had the rear site adjusted all of the way to the left and it was still shooting to the right.

Apparently his front site tower was off center and would require adjusting. I think he ended up taking it home and beating it with a rubber mallet. I told him just to send it back, but you know how it is. I am not sure if he ever got it right, and just hope he didnít bend the barrel in the process. I havenít talked to him in a while and Iím not sure if it was ever resolved.

If they had just properly aligned his front site tower, I could have voted positive. Now my friend has to deal with my snoody, over spending ***** with a Bushmaster telling him he shouldnít have cheaped out.

tenpercentfirearms
08-28-2006, 8:08 PM
The funny thing about that is my Bushmaster was out of wack and shot way left. Who knew. I could have sent it back, I just moved the windage. I have since sold it so no more worries.

TheMan
08-28-2006, 8:51 PM
The funny thing about that is my Bushmaster was out of wack and shot way left. Who knew. I could have sent it back, I just moved the windage. I have since sold it so no more worries.

Are you thinking about carrying M1S parts Wes?

Brooklyn
08-29-2006, 12:27 AM
My only AR build so far is an M1S A2 20" kit. The price was what attracted me even though I had also heard unsettling things about the quality of their kits. Finish matches the stag lower perfectly. Rear sight was way off but that was fixed easily. Lower parks kit I got with it was really tight. Emailed them and they said drill the tight parts, I did, it cracked, they eventually replaced them after some repeated emails. After everything was installed it functioned 100%. Zero problems even with crappy wolf ammo. I would say the components are decent minus the LPK, and the customer service is so-so. Even though I am very pleased with how the rifle came out, I will probably get my next kit from somewhere else. :)

draconianruler
08-29-2006, 1:02 AM
Built my buddies with model 1. Overall, I think its nice. We did have problems with the LPK. We're going to test fire it this weekend. My RRA had issues as well so I'm not saying Model 1 sucks. I would buy from them.

tenpercentfirearms
08-29-2006, 6:30 AM
Are you thinking about carrying M1S parts Wes?
NO. I am too much of a parts snob to do that. I just saw the latest M1S thread and this idea hit me. I kept seeing more and more people talk about how they never had problems with M1S and the only expeirence I had was hearing about how horrible they are on the boards. I started to suspect that maybe most of M1S's reputation was being based on what others have heard rather than guys who actually tried it.

I am still probably going to stick to higher end, I just wanted to be fair to M1S. I would rather have as many happy customers as possible so I am going to stay medium to high end parts. And for my personal use, with my FFL discount, I get good stuff cheaper than M1S. :D

Noonanda
08-29-2006, 7:48 AM
ordered a parts kit last tuesday night, called first thing wednesday morning, was gonna change the order, found out the kit had already shipped. Got it thursday, recieved and put my lower together friday with their LPK and buttstock, Shot it saturday no problems.

I'd buy from em again

TheMan
08-29-2006, 8:04 AM
I am still probably going to stick to higher end, I just wanted to be fair to M1S. I would rather have as many happy customers as possible so I am going to stay medium to high end parts. And for my personal use, with my FFL discount, I get good stuff cheaper than M1S. :D

Snob. ;) Do you get good prices on individual parts from lower parts kits? Maybe a kit with a better bolt catch, all the roll pins would be a way for people to improve their M1S kit before they try to build. And since they will probably need to get a fixed mag kit or monsterman grip from you anyhow...

tenpercentfirearms
08-29-2006, 12:04 PM
Snob. ;) Do you get good prices on individual parts from lower parts kits? Maybe a kit with a better bolt catch, all the roll pins would be a way for people to improve their M1S kit before they try to build. And since they will probably need to get a fixed mag kit or monsterman grip from you anyhow...
Why buy cheap and then have to replace the parts anyway? Then you end up paying for extra shipping charges and everything else and that cheap buy isn't so cheap. For parts kits, just go with what you know works. After putting together several of my customer's lowers, I have noticed a difference between RRA and Stag and I think the RRA fits a little better and even has a little better stock trigger. It is only $5 more so I recommend the RRA. Still guys always want to save $5 so they do. Hey, it is just the nature of the beast.

Skawrpion
09-07-2006, 10:28 AM
Just return a CAR 16" because it would not fit a lower Stag, takedown pin would not go in no matter what and I wasn't about to hammer the pin in.:p

shinigami
09-07-2006, 5:04 PM
My experience with them is very good, my 24" Tactical Upper has a nice fluted barrel and finish is great (to my eyes anyways). I mated it with an ameetec lower and it fits great :D

Very happy with the buying experience, got it in 5 days.