PDA

View Full Version : Oldtimer here......lol

Beatingu
01-27-2011, 4:12 PM
Can anyone help this old man out as I am trying to navigate around this site, just signed up and want to be apart of this family of like minded peeps......I am looking to buy a long boomstick for compitition and hunting I know what I want but it seems like evrybody wants a crap ton of money and I think we all know that most if not all weapons even new are not worth the asking price.

However, I do believe that you get what you pay for. I am just trying to deal with a forum that may be able to point me in the right direction. let me start by telling my sob story, I use to have an M14 with McMillan stock adjustable cheek piece, and a Leupold Mark IV eyeglass she wasa a beaut. But I had to pay a bill better to keep a roof over my head ten be homeless with a great rifle so I pawned it. and the guy who said I could buy it back disappeared about two weeks after I got the money back up to buy it back.

So now I am here trying to get something similar to what I had and if any of y'all could help I'd be much ablied.

Joe
01-27-2011, 4:40 PM
Welcome to calguns.

The private firearms sales forum is located here:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=92

If you tell us your general location we can recommend good local gunshops.

Beatingu
01-27-2011, 4:48 PM
want to find someone who has too many longguns and wants to thin his herd, if that is even possible due to me being a gun owner I hated parting with mine...

PatriotnMore
01-27-2011, 4:53 PM
Welcome. Be patient, good deals on long guns come around regularly.

Beatingu
01-27-2011, 4:55 PM
I was looking for something similar to what I had (see desc) above but it does not have to be an M14, I have been considering a T3. I am dealing with a very trusted gun dealer and he put me on to this sight.

Beatingu
01-27-2011, 4:57 PM
I am hinged to a computer for 8-10 hours a day so if my persistance is a bit quick I appologize but I guess the last thing I wanted to do is get back on the computer.....lol I grew up before there were computers or at least before they were made available to the basic public....oh hell....lol

bjl333
01-27-2011, 5:04 PM
Welcome to Calguns !!! Most of us are hinged to the computer and we don't get pay for it!!! :eek: We are the Calguns addicts. A little patience will payoff, there are deals to be had here!! Enjoy ...

Beatingu
01-27-2011, 5:08 PM
Will do

SoCal Bob
01-27-2011, 5:21 PM
Welcome to Calguns. It wouldn't hurt to post a WTB in the Marketplace forum, you never know, someone else may have one and need to pay bills.

Big E
01-28-2011, 12:53 PM
Welcome to the Calguns. This place runs hot and cold with traffic, so it's kind of like fishin'. Just throw your hook out (i.e. WTB in the Martketplace forum) and I'm sure you'll get a bite within the next week....week and a half max. Hey, I'm optimistic.:innocent:

bsg
01-28-2011, 9:40 PM
welcome to the forum.

Wicked Pete
01-29-2011, 7:29 AM
Old man? How old are you? I am a strapping 64; Maybe we should start an over 60 forum. Eh, What? Getting old, losing what? Memory you say?

den888
01-29-2011, 7:44 AM
Welcome!

DeanW66
01-31-2011, 7:38 AM
Welcome aboard! Good luck on your search for a replacement.