PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a good spot to hunt in Southern CA

Dr.Doom
08-27-2006, 9:09 AM
I just started to hunt last year and I love it. Living in so. cal. my new passion is frowned upon I don't care I love to hunt! The biggest problem I have is where to hunt.I have two friends that hunt. They don't hunt local.I was hoping to get some sound advise, and helpful hints.I'm not asking for your secret spot or anything just a legal spot to hunt dove on short notice.

Limited10
09-02-2006, 6:54 PM
Dr. Doom where in Riverside county do you live? I would recommend contacting in person the Dept of Fish and Game speak with a field officer and they will zero you in on where some places to hunt are. Many people never utilize the D.F.G. .There is plenty of hunting in the county. Dove, Quail, Chuker, Pheasant,Coyote, Bobcat,Rabbit, ground squirrel, and feral pig.

glockk9mm
09-03-2006, 11:28 PM
I just started to hunt last year and I love it. Living in so. cal. my new passion is frowned upon I don't care I love to hunt! The biggest problem I have is where to hunt.I have two friends that hunt. They don't hunt local.I was hoping to get some sound advise, and helpful hints.I'm not asking for your secret spot or anything just a legal spot to hunt dove on short notice.

I live in the L.A. area, I too would like to know where to hunt arround here.

El Cazador
09-03-2006, 11:36 PM
it depends on what you want to hunt. If you want to hunt dove - go to the Imperial Valley. Quail and chukar - go to Mojave. Waterfowl, you have San Jacinto near Lake Perris or Wister in Niland. If you want to hunt big game, all the local mountains have big game.

chris
09-04-2006, 12:19 AM
all the answers are where to go locally. but if you want to get away that is the best i can think of. Nor Cal has many areas to hunt pig, bear, deer, and anything that is legal. since you live in LA you may want to go north for waterfowl wister and niland are spotty at best for ducks. depends on the year if there was a good hatch. use the DFG those guys really do help and are not affraid of people with firearms in the field. if you are out and see a DFG warden ask him he will be more than happy to assist you in where to go. i have many good run in's with them and no issues while carrying.

so enjoy your new found hobby it's fun and rewarding and a great way to relax and get away.