PDA

View Full Version : Please stay focused

mikehaas
08-27-2006, 6:22 AM
Now that the DOJ comment period has transpired, IMO, these are NRA's top priorities...

MICROSTAMPING
http://calnra.com/legs.shtml?year=2006&summary=ab352

AMMO MAIL-ORDER RESTRICTIONS
http://calnra.com/legs.shtml?year=2006&summary=ab2714

The 2005-2006 CA legislative session will be over soon, a matter of days. ACT NOW!

Contact tools and easy-to-understand bill analyses at the above links.

Mike

Dr.Doom
08-27-2006, 9:51 AM
micro stamping doesn't work after shooting 1000 rounds the stamp is worn out not only that it is too expensive to implement.Ammo shouldn't have any restrictions.

Jicko
08-27-2006, 10:09 AM
micro stamping doesn't work after shooting 1000 rounds the stamp is worn out not only that it is too expensive to implement.

Work or not work, DOJ don't really care.... if they get the bill to pass, then any gun that doesn't pass this criteria, can be banned.... that's not what we want to see.

Ammo shouldn't have any restrictions.

Should or shouldn't.... we all know the answers here.... if you have any objections to any of the above SB, voice thru your channels(to your senate representatives) appropriately.

Dr.Doom
08-27-2006, 10:16 AM
Don't get me wrong I'm voting against it. I'm just tired of this state and it's crap ideas.

6172crew
08-27-2006, 10:30 AM
2 suggestions,.

When you do contact your local rep about these laws you should report back here with a "email sent" or "Faxed em" that way when these things do pass the NRA can say we know for a fact that opposition to your bill was sent by X amount of folks and not one person called in favor yet you still passed it along etc.

We also get a a rally going when we see just how many of us are doing our part and not just waiting for teh guy next to us to do something about it.

Like Mike has said most of us just ***** and are not willing to take 5 minutes out to send off a short note.

Edited to add: Email sent on both! Use the one click and it will take you 10 min max.

AJD
08-27-2006, 11:57 AM
It's imperative that everyone here send a message to their rep. Regarding AB 352 here is how the votes turned out the 1st time it went through the assembly before it was amended:

http://info.sen.ca.gov/pub/bill/asm/ab_0351-0400/ab_352_vote_20050602_0243PM_asm_floor.html

MOTION: AB 352 Koretz Assembly Third Reading
(AYES 41. NOES 38.) (PASS)

AYES

Bass Berg Bermudez Calderon
Canciamilla Chan Chavez Chu
Cohn Coto De La Torre Dymally
Evans Frommer Goldberg Hancock
Jerome Horton Jones Karnette Klehs
Koretz Laird Leno Levine
Lieber Liu Montanez Mullin
Nation Nava Oropeza Pavley
Ridley-Thomas Ruskin Saldana Salinas
Torrico Vargas Wolk Yee
Nunez

NOES

Aghazarian Arambula Baca Benoit
Blakeslee Bogh Cogdill Daucher
DeVore Emmerson Garcia Harman
Haynes Shirley Horton Houston Huff
Keene La Malfa La Suer Leslie
Matthews Maze McCarthy Mountjoy
Nakanishi Negrete McLeod Niello Parra
Plescia Richman Sharon Runner Spitzer
Strickland Tran Umberg Villines
Walters Wyland

I sent my represenative Lynn Daucher a message saying that I want her to vote no again on this bill. The assembly members who voted yes are going to be key this time around. They've got to change their votes.

Ryoushi
08-27-2006, 1:38 PM
Don't get me wrong I'm voting against it. I'm just tired of this state and it's crap ideas.

You will not be voting on this at all unless you're an assemblyman or state senator.

6172crew
08-27-2006, 2:29 PM
You will not be voting on this at all unless you're an assemblyman or state senator.

Happy Trees! Think Happy Trees!

mgcchkn
08-27-2006, 3:22 PM
emails sent on all 4 currently opposed bills.

Neil San Diego
08-28-2006, 10:16 AM
Emails sent.

jnojr
08-28-2006, 11:22 AM
Written letters or calls are better. Nobody really pays attention to email... it's too easy to forge, fake, or set up a "click here and an email is sent".

bg
08-28-2006, 1:02 PM
E sent again and also a call to my Assembly Member.
Heck even over 75,000 police past and present
along with a number of sheriff's are very strongly
opposed to this moronic bill..Ck it out >

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/viewstory.asp?Page=/Politics/archive/200608/POL20060825b.html

James Fotis, executive director of the Law Enforcement Alliance of America (LEAA), wrote members of the California General Assembly Friday, urging them to kill the bill.

"This legislation is an impractical and costly measure that will not improve public safety," Fotis wrote. "AB 352 is a distraction from real and proven crime-fighting efforts."

LEAA counts more than 75,000 current and former law enforcement officers among its members and supporters.

Fotis' letter is one of dozens of negative comments written about the bill by law enforcement veterans, including critical letters from the Sheriff-Coroners of California's Riverside, Kern, Orange, Mendocino, Modoc, and Tehama Counties.
We have to get this stopped here & now. If not, we
will have to deluge the Governor's desk with letters,
e-mails and phone calls to attempt to stop this terrible
bill from becoming law.

6172crew
08-28-2006, 5:47 PM
Bump for the guys just getting off work!

Come on guys let them hear from Calguns, this law would sux bigtime if it passes. :mad:

Mudvayne540ld
08-28-2006, 6:34 PM
Just sent in a written letter.
Also, I have already sent in 2 e-mails.
Everyone: JUST BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT OLD ENOUGH TO PURCHASE A HANDGUN DOES NOT MEAN YOU SHOULD NOT DO ANYTHING!

oaklander
08-28-2006, 11:31 PM
Sent.

Bump.

1911_sfca
08-28-2006, 11:33 PM
You know, I really appreciate the updates that you send on these bills. But I feel like the cause is hopeless for me since I live in San Francisco. What am I going to do, e-mail Mark Leno and tell him that the public safety committee should turn down gun banning legislation? A snowball has a better chance in hell...

ja391
08-29-2006, 1:49 AM
E-mail sent on AB352 and AB2714. I have a question, is it better to send a letter to the capitol office or the district office?

bg
08-29-2006, 10:19 AM
Sent them e's again and I just found this article. It states
language was added that the AG can require ALL AMMO
INCLUDING SHOTGUN SHELLS BE IMPREGNATED
WITH THIS SO-CALLED MICRO INFO ! Ck it out. >

http://releases.usnewswire.com/GetRelease.asp?id=71376

"Prior to the Senate vote, language was added to the bill to allow the Attorney General to require bullet serialization of all ammunition -- including shotgun shells," added Keane.
This isn't about stopping crime, this is another out
and out move in many to secure a firearm banishment
agenda here in this state.

Who do these people up Sac think they are kidding ?

jnojr
08-29-2006, 11:19 AM
You know, I really appreciate the updates that you send on these bills. But I feel like the cause is hopeless for me since I live in San Francisco. What am I going to do, e-mail Mark Leno and tell him that the public safety committee should turn down gun banning legislation? A snowball has a better chance in hell...

True. But consider... he probably gets a fair nimber of "We love you, Mark, keep banning those awful guns!" letters. If he started to get more and more letters opposing these stupid laws, we could conceivably reach a point where, at least near election time, he might forgo some of the crazier legislation.

I wouldn't spend a bunch of time on him, but if you write a punctual, fact-heavy letter to hit Legislators with, why not include him? If nothing else, if every gun owner in the state sent him a letter his offices would be filled and it would take a couple of days before he could start the booby hatch running again :)

mikehaas
08-29-2006, 3:25 PM
Written letters or calls are better. Nobody really pays attention to email... it's too easy to forge, fake, or set up a "click here and an email is sent".
That's a common misconception. Automated, faked emails are easy to spot - their MIS dept will keep them from even seeing it, like SPAM. That's not a good tactic anyway. Honest constituent input is honest constituent input, regardless of medium.

Legislative staffers watch email all the time. The fact that it's easy and cheap tends to make email MORE important to them, not less. Thinking email is ignored is old style thinking that only helps our enemies.

No, our ONE-CLICK system...
http://calnra.com/legs.shtml#contactinfo
...isn't blocked by them and is effective for several reasons.

1. The truly personal nature of the system. There is no pre-fab Subject: line, no canned message. We don't fill in any text fields (except for the email address of course). All of the emails they receive over it are unique - just what you, the user, typed in. And you are so varied in your scope, experience your understanding, that no one could ever think they were faked.

2 - the ONE-CLICK system targets your email to the right committee or body, and to ALL the email-accessible members of that group. Right now you can send an email to the entire Assembly against AB 352... that's why we call it "ONE-CLICK". Your one REAL constituent message goes everywhere it needs to and nowhere it shouldn't.

3 - You go to one place, all the time - use one tool - http://calnra.com/legs.shtml#contactinfo - Easy for you, name of the game that gets more emails sent.

4. That tool tells you which bills need your input the most - no wasted effort on your part.

5. That tool follows the bills to the right place, within hours of changing - again, no waste of effort

6. It identifies the committee or body so you can tailor your message to the focus of the destination. You may need to know that info.

7. It links to explanatory supportive text for each bill outlining NRA's position, bill's latest news, history, description, author, etc. You definitely need to know THAT info.

Leg. staffers want to know what's happening too, even if they disagree with you, for their bosses sake. And the pro-gun lawmakers love getting our emails.

Most of all, never discourage another gun-owner from contacting Sacramento, no matter what medium he/she wants to use. Whatever you're comfortable with, I thank you for taking the time to email, phone, fax, telegraph, smoke signals - YOUR CHOICE. The worst thing you can do is not contact Sacramento at all.

Mike

mikehaas
08-29-2006, 3:27 PM
E-mail sent on AB352 and AB2714. I have a question, is it better to send a letter to the capitol office or the district office?
Send to both! (and thank you)

Mike

thmpr
08-29-2006, 3:32 PM
Mike,
Received this email from:Assemblyman Ray Haynes

I have always been a staunch supporter of gun rights, and so I always oppose laws which are basically created to restrict our 2nd Amendment Rights. For that reason, I have voted against all three of the following bills.

AB 352, Micro-stamping. This bill is in the Assembly for concurrence in Senate Amendments, and will likely come up for a vote tomorrow.

AB 2714, Purchasing ammunition over the internet. This bill is on the Senate floor, and could be voted on any time.

SB 59, reporting theft or loss of a firearm. This bill is in the Senate for concurrence in Assembly Amendments and could come up for a vote any time.

All of these bills require only a majority vote, so they could easily pass with the Democrat majorities in both houses. I would suggest that you start contacting the Governorís office and ask him to veto them should they reach his desk.

Assemblyman Ray Haynes