PDA

View Full Version : Calguns rules

C.G.
08-27-2006, 1:19 AM
Ramon, some funny stuff going on lately, in spite of that, I, for one, am glad that you have given us this board. Thank you.
IT IS YOUR BOARD, YOU SHOULD DO AS YOU PLEASE AND DON'T LET ANYONE TELL YOU DIFFERENTLY (BUT I AM SURE YOU KNOW THAT ALREADY).

Matt C
09-10-2006, 3:12 PM
I keep hearing this it's my house I make the rules stuff. Ok, fine, but when I invite guests into my house I don't tell them what they can or can't say. Obviously with a forum thats really the only thing he can do. Not saying he is wrong for doing it, but just pointing out the holes in the analogy.

Kestryll
09-10-2006, 4:11 PM
I keep hearing this it's my house I make the rules stuff. Ok, fine, but when I invite guests into my house I don't tell them what they can or can't say. Obviously with a forum thats really the only thing he can do. Not saying he is wrong for doing it, but just pointing out the holes in the analogy.

There are some holes in the analogy, for instance we don't put out munchies, you don't have to use a coaster and I can talk to you in my underwear.
DO NOT MAKE THE VISUAL!!!! You have been warned!!

I will say this much, I do tell my guests what they can and can not say in my home. If someone starts spewing foul language in front of my Wife or my family they will be told to leave. If someone starts in with insulting or denigrating comments towards someone I care for they will be told to leave. If someone start expounding on the greatness of Hilary Clinton and how only she can save us all they will be given the big boot! ;)

So while not a perfect analogy it's close, and you don't have to see me without a shirt. That alone is worth the price of admission!

metalhead357
09-10-2006, 9:01 PM
I will say this much, I do tell my guests what they can and can not say in my home. If someone starts spewing foul language in front of my Wife or my family they will be told to leave. If someone starts in with insulting or denigrating comments towards someone I care for they will be told to leave. If someone start expounding on the greatness of Hilary Clinton and how only she can save us all they will be given the big boot! ;)!

+10000000 on that one. Peeps are able to think whatever they want but start spewin' it towards me and mine IN mine, first yerr' politly SHOWN the door, the second time You're helped THROUGH the door.........

Analogies are rarely perfect, but they serve to communicate a basic idea.

YMMV.....

And yes, I've had to replace a door or two:p

m1371
09-11-2006, 4:44 AM

So does that mean I can come over to your place discuss how the Zionists are controlling the media in order to promote the UN take-over of the US and that the 9/11 attacks were merely an insidious gov't plot in which they fired a cruise missile at the Pentagon and did a controlled demolition on the World Trade Center? You're cool with me saying that Hillary is HOT and John Kerry should've won the election? Can I spout off racial slurs and bash LEOs, the military, firefighters, those EVIL contractors working overseas to line the pockets of the Cheney-Hallibuton regime in DC? Wanna hear all about Xenu and how Tom's "done the research"?

Hell, we should ALL come over to YOUR house!!!! I'm bringing the beer. :D

Seriously dude..... I kinda understand what you're saying, BUT..... I would imagine there's certain crap you wouldn't want your houseguests spouting off in your home. Ramon keeps this place running for us to congregate, socialize, pass on firearms info and generally help each other out. We're all firearms enthusiasts and we've got to support one another as much as we can.

I'm personally glad we can all come together here without the drama. Think of it kinda like everyone meeting up in a pub or sportsbar to chat and pass info. There's good conversation and then there's crap you just don't want to hear.

ivanimal
09-11-2006, 7:23 AM
As far as I can see ,alls that was ever asked is that we act as civilized adults. The only time anyone was reprimanded was when they acted like manners were optional.

Matt C
09-11-2006, 10:11 AM
I curse plenty myself and while I don't know about some of that stuff, you are more than welcome to call a certain AG and his minions any name you like.

m1371
09-11-2006, 2:41 PM
I curse plenty myself and while I don't know about some of that stuff, you are more than welcome to call a certain AG and his minions any name you like.

Dude, I'll bring the Guinness and we'll see who can curse the longest blue streak about certain so-called "public servants". :D

6172crew
09-11-2006, 6:33 PM
Dude, I'll bring the Guinness and we'll see who can curse the longest blue streak about certain so-called "public servants". :D
Its a favorite past time in my house.:)

Get together, light the que and open a can or verbal ****** whoopinz and a cold beer.