PDA

View Full Version : Wounded Warriors Hunt!

professionalcoyotehunter
01-27-2011, 9:55 AM
I am organizing a wounded warriors hunt for disabled veterans. If anyone could help me out in finding info on how to get sponsored for this event please let me know. Also let me know if you are interested in the hunt as well. I am trying to organize it for an end of the season Pheasant hunt at the AV sportsman club.

http://www.avschunt.com/

Caliyanks
01-27-2011, 10:52 AM
What I would recommend is that you try to find the Battalion HQ's for the local Recruiting Batallion. They can probably direct you to the wounded warriors program. Or you may be able to google it. From there your idea may take off. Try the local Veterans groups as well. They are usually connected this way as well.

Hope this helps

Rusty_Buckhorn
01-27-2011, 3:58 PM
you also might do a search on Archery Talk, I think they do a wounded warrior hunt, and might be able to point you in the right direction. Also Hunting Brotherhood and Hunters and Patriots... I think both of those forums also do wounded warrior hunts. Between the 3, you can probably get a lot of info on organizations who help with such things.

edgerly779
01-30-2011, 5:00 AM
Looks like you are geting it set up at avsc. Call me about the barnes ammo can meet monday if you want. Jack

tpuig
01-30-2011, 11:15 AM
Check with a local Safari Club Intl chapter. I just got back from the convention in Reno, and attended a nice Veteran's breakfast. Lots of great speakers, and good info on the programs out there for veterans. SCI does sponsor hunts for wounded veterans.

I'm in the SF Bay Area chapter, but IIRC, there are numerous chapters in So Cal as well. I'm also working with the local VA through the Elks club and hope to organize a hunt like this as well. I'll pass along whatever I can find out.
TP

smokinskul
01-30-2011, 11:17 AM
I do a WW hunt every March in Alabama on my family hunting property. Its a lot more work than you might think, but it is WELL worth it when you see how happy these heroes are after getting out there! Let me know if I can help.

professionalcoyotehunter
01-31-2011, 8:25 AM
Any help at all is appreciated. I am doing some foot work right now for endorsements and I will be contacting the AVSC this week to see what I can work out.

Cougar125
01-31-2011, 10:38 AM
PCH, are you talking about something like we did last year?

professionalcoyotehunter
01-31-2011, 10:40 AM
Exactly like that but this time for the wounded vets.

180ls1
01-31-2011, 10:41 AM
not really sure i can help you out but i will give you a bump and keep an eye out.

professionalcoyotehunter
01-31-2011, 10:43 AM
I am going to go to the VFW tonight and see if I can find any OIF/OEF Vets who were wounded in combat by eaving flyers there and see if I get any calls.

Matt C
01-31-2011, 11:09 AM
What will you be hunting?

professionalcoyotehunter
01-31-2011, 11:39 AM
Pheasant and chukkars and I will try to throw in a coyote hunting seminar afterward for anyone who may be interested?

rexbo47
01-31-2011, 12:15 PM
This is a great thing to do for the OEF/OIF vets but please don't exclude wounded/disabled warriors from other conflicts.

Regards

Matt C
01-31-2011, 12:16 PM
Pheasant and chukkars and I will try to throw in a coyote hunting seminar afterward for anyone who may be interested?

Sounds like fun.

professionalcoyotehunter
01-31-2011, 12:22 PM
This is a great thing to do for the OEF/OIF vets but please don't exclude wounded/disabled warriors from other conflicts.

Regards

I will try to include as many as I can but I figure there would be enough from those two conflicts to fill the bill. If anyone knows anyone from other conflicts that would like to come along please PM me.

rexbo47
01-31-2011, 3:31 PM
I will try to include as many as I can but I figure there would be enough from those two conflicts to fill the bill. If anyone knows anyone from other conflicts that would like to come along please PM me.

I might be interested but you're a little off my turf.

Lots of disabled Nam vets down your way, though.

Let the old farts come out and play with the youngsters, dontcha know.

Cheers

professionalcoyotehunter
01-31-2011, 4:25 PM
I appreciate all veterans but the preference will go to OIF and OEF vets first since I served in both of those conflicts . If tyhere are any additional slots I will open it to any wounded vets.

Ricky-Ray
01-31-2011, 4:47 PM
Check your PM.

professionalcoyotehunter
02-02-2011, 5:10 PM
Stay tuned I am still working out details for sponsors.