PDA

View Full Version : Polish AK-47 info needed plz

maxiss
08-26-2006, 1:58 PM
I found a Polish AK-47 Underfolder Parts Kit with a 5 round mag and acessories for $250 minus reciever and wanted to know if I could build it and make it Ca legal???

Thanks,
Mark

markymark
08-26-2006, 4:56 PM
I found a Polish AK-47 Underfolder Parts Kit with a 5 round mag and acessories for $250 minus reciever and wanted to know if I could build it and make it Ca legal???

Thanks,
Mark
Yes, you should be able to buy a CA-legal receiver, that parts kit, and the minimum required US parts and build it yourself. You would have to fix the extended underfolding stock in place to achieve the minimum OAL and either 1) pin the mag and be able to use the pistol grip or 2) take off the PG and have detachable mags (and also make sure there is no flash hider!). I purchased my off-list AKs fully assembled because I didn't want to have to deal with the build.

^ I might be leaving something out so maybe someone else can chime in.

ETA: there is a guy here on calguns who silver soldered his gas block shut (making the rifle a bolt action type gun), allowing the use of both the pistol grip and detachable mag.

grammaton76
08-27-2006, 2:34 PM
You can certainly buy it and make it legal. I'd go Yugoslavian though, simply because new barrels are available and you can install one of those, not drill the gas port, and result in a rifle that no one can argue is anything but a manually cycled gun.