PDA

View Full Version : Calgunners special rate guided hog hunt

bigboarstopper
01-26-2011, 5:00 PM
Established calguns members and established members of another site will be getting a reduced rate guided hog hunt for a short period of time. The object is to get members together, hunt together, share a story together and have a laugh.

Ive priced other outfitters for a single day hunt with dogs and the best rate I have found per person was 500$ a day. There may be less out there but thats all I could find. So I will cut the rate in less than half.

The rate will be 200 per person for a group of 4 and 225 per person for 3 or less for a single day hunt (either a saturday or sunday). Its a fair chase, free range guided hound hunt. No guarantee.

Im only going to do this for 3 seperate weekends all scheduled before the end of March.

Also, FHL and Laguna mountain (BLM) is only an hour away or less from my ranch. Combining a day or 2 at FHL or Laguna could also help make the trip worth while.

We will be in condor zone (no lead) and weather could be cause to cancelation.

mif_slim
01-26-2011, 5:06 PM
I could be in. Been looking for a hunt for my dad.

guns4life
01-26-2011, 5:24 PM
Established calguns members and established members of another site will be getting a reduced rate guided hog hunt for a short period of time. The object is to get members together, hunt together, share a story together and have a laugh.

Ive priced other outfitters for a single day hunt with dogs and the best rate I have found per person was 500$ a day. There may be less out there but thats all I could find. So I will cut the rate in less than half.

The rate will be 200 per person for a group of 4 and 225 per person for 3 or less for a single day hunt (either a saturday or sunday). Its a fair chase, free range guided hound hunt. No guarantee.

Im only going to do this for 3 seperate weekends all scheduled before the end of March.

Also, FHL and Laguna mountain (BLM) is only an hour away or less from my ranch. Combining a day or 2 at FHL or Laguna could also help make the trip worth while.

We will be in condor zone (no lead) and weather could be cause to cancelation.

Would a weather related cancellation result in a refund, or a re-schedule?

I'm open to joining a group, so far I've only hunted bird(the usual's), and I'd really like to take a hog...or at least give it a try.

bigboarstopper
01-26-2011, 5:55 PM
Re-schedule if the group agrees. 100% refund of deposit if necessary.

clay32
01-26-2011, 6:53 PM
BBS, you got a PM, I think I got a group for ya!

bob7122
01-26-2011, 6:55 PM
i love it pm sent it'll be me and +1 most likely my father.

taperxz
01-26-2011, 7:03 PM
PM sent for 2, Room for another pair. Contact Shay for arrangements. Thanks Shay!

taknitezx2
01-26-2011, 7:33 PM
pm sent earlier. anyone need a single added to a group? or any other solo members want to group up. pm me and lets see what we can do. Im in the Los Angeles area.

clay32
01-26-2011, 7:55 PM
I have 3 for sure (possibly 4, waiting to hear back from #4)

bigboarstopper
01-26-2011, 8:36 PM
Little more info.

What you will need (personally):
CA hunting licence/pig tag
Pistol of larger calliber (let me know what calliber you intend) with copper bullets
Small back pack
Skinning knife
Food/water
Clothes you dont mind destroying
Good boots

What you will need (as a group):
Game bag(s)
Cooler(s) large enough to transport hog(s) with ice

Whats provided:
A 1 day hunt with dogs. Gutting and skinning with a smile.

Whats not provided:
Transportation to and from
Lodging
meat processing/taxedermy
cuddling

90% of this is on foot. There will be some running if the dogs strike. You dont have to be in the greatest physical shape. But you cant be in bad shape either. Groups of 4 will have presidence over smaller groups.

Everyone who plans on going should know this. When the shooter pulls the trigger to take that hog that there could be close to 16 other lives (man and dog) within 6' of the hog. Not much room for error.

tpuig
01-26-2011, 9:22 PM
This sounds great. I've been looking for a pig hunt in the near future.
March is great for me and my .44. I've got a pickup with shell and can drive from Mountain View.

I should be able to get at least 2 other guys, depending on dates. Thanks for doing this!

(edit: I don't mind grouping up with a couple guys either)

sigguy552
01-26-2011, 9:46 PM
Hey tpuig, I'm interested in joining up with you if you need another head. Thx

Ed

zerohour714
01-26-2011, 10:04 PM
I just got an email from Jabell about getting some guys together for a hunt, this sounds great! The biggest handgun I have is a .40, will this do the trick?

guns4life
01-26-2011, 10:08 PM
pm sent earlier. anyone need a single added to a group? or any other solo members want to group up. pm me and lets see what we can do. Im in the Los Angeles area.

Hey tpuig, I'm interested in joining up with you if you need another head. Thx

Ed

"misc." group? I'm game....

taknitezx2
01-27-2011, 5:47 AM
This might be a dumb question but is the handgun as a backup to your rifle or do day hunts end close quarters with only use of a handgun.

Spyder
01-27-2011, 6:47 AM
taknitezx2, I'm guessing that the range the shot will be taken from is going to be only a few yards, since he's running dogs for 'em. GREAT fun to hunt with dogs. Everyone should try it! It's a lot more difficult than most people realize.

DeanW66
01-27-2011, 8:54 AM
I'm interested. But schedule is busy. Could be just me or possibly one other wanting to join up w/ some others. I'll check with 2 others and check back here.

jabell
01-27-2011, 1:29 PM
* are using blades to make the kill really illegal in california ?
* what methods of take can we use or do you prefer ?
* no guarantee has been established but how long & hard pushing of a day do you provide & what is your success rate for this time of year ?
* can we video the experience ?
* if we pay extra will you cuddle us ?
* if yes to the above can we video you cuddling us ?

thanks shay & we look forward to hunting with you,
jeff

professionalcoyotehunter
01-27-2011, 1:42 PM
I'm ready and I am in for jabell's group. See you soon buddy. I have a .44 Mag Blackhawk that needs some pork blood on it.

Howie44
01-27-2011, 1:44 PM
I'm ready and I am in for jabell's group. See you soon buddy.

Me too. Don't worry Curtis, I'll cuddle with you if you need it. LOL!

professionalcoyotehunter
01-27-2011, 2:40 PM
Sweet, I dont have much meat on my bones anymore so I might get cold at night. Good looking out brotha.

Howie44
01-27-2011, 2:58 PM
:rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

bigboarstopper
01-27-2011, 4:21 PM
* are blades really illegal in california ?
* what methods of take can we use or do you prefer ?
* no guarantee has been established but how long & hard pushing of a day do you provide & what is your success rate for this time of year ?
* can we video the experience ?
* if we pay extra will you cuddle us ?
* if yes to the above can we video you cuddling us ?

thanks shay & we look forward to hunting with you,
jeff

Pistol will be the method of take. Knife is the safest method but illegal nun the less and will not be an option. Otherwise something like a 410/45colt single shot rifle. Thats about it. Dont bother with the 454 or 500. Those rounds will make me and the dogs deaf.

The hunt will be roughly 8 hours. Success rates vary widely duning the winter months. Could strike and have our first one dead in the first 15 minutes. Could walk 8 hours and nada.

Can video if you like. I favor my left side.

Cuddling can be had after payment of the hog hunt. Just bring your old lady and I will cuddle with her for a hourly rate. Please dont try to be a director. I do better spontainously.

gadjeep
01-27-2011, 4:34 PM
^^^ Congratulations and welcome to my sig line.

professionalcoyotehunter
01-27-2011, 4:38 PM
BBS you have to pay me to cuddle with her.:D

Shoot-it
01-27-2011, 5:43 PM
So how will you shoot the hog with dogs on it.Do you plan to just have the dogs bay the hog?
The 40 s&w will work as a butcher shot fore head or base of skull. That might be hard with dogs running around. I would go with a rifle.
I would like to see some video's of your hunts.

jabell
01-28-2011, 10:56 AM

zerohour714
01-28-2011, 3:44 PM
Pistol will be the method of take. Knife is the safest method but illegal nun the less and will not be an option. Otherwise something like a 410/45colt single shot rifle. Thats about it. Dont bother with the 454 or 500. Those rounds will make me and the dogs deaf.

The hunt will be roughly 8 hours. Success rates vary widely duning the winter months. Could strike and have our first one dead in the first 15 minutes. Could walk 8 hours and nada.

Can video if you like. I favor my left side.

Cuddling can be had after payment of the hog hunt. Just bring your old lady and I will cuddle with her for a hourly rate. Please dont try to be a director. I do better spontainously.

LMFAO!!!!

bigboarstopper
01-28-2011, 4:14 PM

I have no website.

deucestroke
01-29-2011, 2:15 PM
I'm in for one.

ADAM
01-29-2011, 8:37 PM
i am also in.any one from LA/IE wants to go hit me up will carpool.lets go asap before it gets hot.lets have some fun

antonio
01-29-2011, 8:49 PM
I am in......... I don't have a group though can I join someones

bigboarstopper
01-29-2011, 9:00 PM
Heres a PM message to a calgunner that im reposting to the forum. Im hoping it may help the single hunters out there.

OK. There are a bunch single hunters PMing me. I attempted to merge the solo people together but its proven to be very difficult to message all of them, have them message me back and get them all on the same page to schedule together. The back and forth messaging of acceptable dates of all the singles has been very confusing and hasnt produced a group yet.

Ive told those people to post in the origional thread to try to get a group together but most people seem to be shy. Many of them have posted that they want to join a group but many of them dont respond to the others doing the same thing.

I thought about just posting a hunt date for the single hunters to join in on but I have a feeling it will come with the same results as my last few attempts to get the single hunters together.

The other issue is that if I get the singles together for a single hunt day and nobody has met or spoken to eachother until that day then who decides who is the 1st, 2nd, shooter ect. Also who decides how the meat is divided ect?

Id like the calguns single hunters to talk with eachother first before forming a group. I think this will help them figure out who fits best with who and will ensure a fun day for everyone. Besides it would be better to talk to eachother beforehand for carpooling purposes. Im gonna repost this message in the forum to entice a little more coorespondance between the members.

antonio
01-29-2011, 9:10 PM
Do the people in the group all have 2 be Calgun members

lazyworm
01-29-2011, 9:45 PM
* 1 pig per group or 1 pig per hunter?
* can you describe your ranch? Size, terrain, general location etc

bigboarstopper
01-29-2011, 9:54 PM
dosent have to all be calguns members.

2000 acres of rolling oaks, flats, and mountains. 15 miles east of king city.

1 per hunter. no guarantee.

antonio
01-29-2011, 9:56 PM
Have a group of 4 ........... never hunted pig with a pistol would a 357 Mag work

deucestroke
01-30-2011, 10:01 AM
Hi, i'm looking for other hunters to join a group. Any days are good with me. Hunting partners pm so we can talk. Thanks I live 35 minutes east of SF, maybe hook up and meet and or drive down if get to hunt. Thanks and straight shots.

ADAM
01-30-2011, 6:25 PM
whats the deal socal hunters, any one wants to go hit me up

bigboarstopper
01-30-2011, 7:10 PM
Acceptable callibers: 40, 45colt, 357, 44special, 44mag, 41mag, 10mm, ect. Im sure there are other callibers that are in that range that are fine. Those are just the ones that come to mind. DONT FORGET TO USE COPPER BULLETS

whoreable
01-30-2011, 7:46 PM
im game, not literally, cease fire!

but im down for the hunt

ADAM
02-01-2011, 8:28 AM
so cal hunters whats up lets go man.

ADAM
02-06-2011, 9:55 PM
still wanting to go let me know

guns4life
02-13-2011, 8:13 AM
Called a few times, left some messages... :(

bigboarstopper
02-13-2011, 6:51 PM
Called a few times, left some messages... :(

Been out of cell phone range most of this weekend. When ive been home its been too late to call anyone back. Please Pm me with your phone number. Im having difficulty hearing the number on the message.

novabrian
02-13-2011, 8:39 PM
Count me in.