PDA

View Full Version : 1260 SA .308 $301 shipped to Orange County

RingTone
08-26-2006, 9:43 AM
For those of us who live behind the Orange Curtain here is a competitive alternative to Aim Surplus that will actually ship ammo to OC:

http://ammunitiontogo.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=24_100&products_id=220

The price was $301 shipped to Irvine without the ammo can (skipping the ammo can saved $10 on the shipping).

I placed my order with AmmunitionToGo on Wednesday and it shipped out on Thursday.

AIM's price is $306 shipped (theoretically speaking). BTW, an AIM sales rep told me they will be reevaluating their "No OC" policy next month. Might help to have other OC folks give them more encouragement.

Cthulu
08-26-2006, 10:57 AM
Yea' that seems like a pretty decent deal, My Imbel FaL Loves the south african stuff..
I will check them out... There is also (Ammo bros') in i believe the city is cerrtitos. and they stock pretty much everything.

(Death Is whimsical today)

RingTone
08-26-2006, 11:29 AM
I was at Ammo Bros yesterday picking up some ammo cans. They do indeed have the SA .308 for $37 a 140 rd. battlepack. It's cheaper by the case but I don't recall what the price was.

GTKrockeTT
08-26-2006, 1:39 PM
I was at Ammo Bros yesterday picking up some ammo cans. They do indeed have the SA .308 for $37 a 140 rd. battlepack. It's cheaper by the case but I don't recall what the price was.

don't forget, you can negotiate price at AB when you buy in bulk...especially if you pay in cash.

anotherted
08-26-2006, 1:41 PM
The price was $301 shipped to Irvine without the ammo can

holy crap......what a rip off

Those are absolutely HORRIBLE prices.

i havent bought surp in a about a year and a half -- since $150.00 / 800 for ADI (da' best).

-hanko
08-26-2006, 5:34 PM
holy crap......what a rip off

Those are absolutely HORRIBLE prices.

i havent bought surp in a about a year and a half -- since $150.00 / 800 for ADI (da' best).
about 4 cents a round MORE delivered than my last week's order to aim...can't see how you think ammotogo or whatever is competitive.

-hanko:rolleyes:

RingTone
08-26-2006, 6:25 PM
about 4 cents a round MORE delivered than my last week's order to aim...can't see how you think ammotogo or whatever is competitive.

You probably ordered before AIM's recent price increase. As of now, AIM is actually just slightly more expensive shipped to my door as I pointed out in my original post. What irks me is I tried to order from AIM before the increase.

Yeah, the price sucks compared to historical prices but it's the cheapest I could find now.

anotherted
08-26-2006, 9:41 PM

Not sure what in the heck your talking about.

Ted:rolleyes: