PDA

View Full Version : NRA "mocks" Bloomberg

gunsmith
01-26-2011, 12:15 PM
http://gothamist.com/2011/01/26/nra_mocks_bloomberg_over_gun_rhetor.php

So it was only a matter of time before the NRA decided to turn the tables on his rhetoric: "He likes to blame everyone else for violent crime in New York City. He's also blamed Mother Nature for his recent problems with snow removal," said NRA political director Chuck Cunningham.

tiki
01-26-2011, 12:33 PM
Cunningham [...] blasted Bloomberg, who he kept referring to as "Mayor Blame," during his keynote speech.

Ha ha ha. Mayor Blameberg. I LOVE IT!!!!!!!

Bloomberg spokesman Jason Post said, "[...] The problem is not in New York. Ninety percent of the guns recovered from crime scenes in New York come from out of state."

Yeah, the real problem is that New York criminals are stealing guns from people in other states. Thats how you fix your crime problem, you export it!!

TMC
01-26-2011, 12:39 PM
Quote:
Bloomberg spokesman Jason Post said, "[...] The problem is not in New York. Ninety percent of the guns recovered from crime scenes in New York come from out of state."

When I hear this from the anti-guns folks I always want to follow up with that person and ask, "if that's the case then why isn't the crime rate in those neighboring states where the guns come from higher than yours if guns are the problem?"

And in commenting on the same quote: Well DUH, you can't buy a gun in New York so where else would the come from?

Anti's in DC says the problem is guns from Virginia but if that's true then Virginia should have a much higher murder rate than DC and we all know that's not true.

gunsmith
01-26-2011, 12:43 PM
Quote:

When I hear this from the anti-guns folks I always want to follow up with that person and ask, "if that's the case then why isn't the crime rate in those neighboring states where the guns come from higher than yours if guns are the problem?"

And in commenting on the same quote: Well DUH, you can't buy a gun in New York so where else would the come from?

Anti's in DC says the problem is guns from Virginia but if that's true then Virginia should have a much higher murder rate than DC and we all know that's not true.

This is why calguns rules! I've been in the gun rights crowd for awhile now & that never occurred to me-thanks!

gunsmith
01-26-2011, 12:44 PM
LOL I missed the "blameberg" comment-I'm using that from now on

scarville
01-26-2011, 12:49 PM
Quote:
All that proves is that a low crime rate can be had by making it attractive for the criminals to go somewhere else. In Blameberg's part of the word, that somewhere else is NYC.

nicki
01-26-2011, 1:10 PM
Let me see if I got this right.

Mayor Blameberg has a crime problem with criminals using stolen guns.

Of course since New York has institutionalized VD(victim disarmament) as a social policy, committing armed crimes is low risk compared to a place like Miami where a potential victim may actually shoot back.

First off, I think that we as gun owners should be suing New York City for violation of our property rights when they recover stolen guns.

It is obvious that they are not returning the guns to the rightful owners even though they could. Running the serial numbers would track the gun back to the dealer and orignial purchaser.

Who knows, he might actually get some straw purchaser's if he did this.

If Blameberg actually reformed NYC gun laws so that they actually respected our constitutional rights, then the market for stolen guns might significantly shrink in the rotten apple since people who are law abiding otherwise would legally purchase guns.

Blameberg and Gouliani did actually make signifcant progress in reducing New York's crime rate, although the city is now a police state.

Nicki

Bhobbs
01-26-2011, 1:39 PM
Why is the number of illegal guns being brought in by criminals 90%?

yellowfin
01-26-2011, 2:17 PM
If it isn't obvious enough that gun owners are to Bloomberg what Jews were to a certain German dictator in the 30's to mid 40's and blacks were to certain state governors in the 50's and 60's, I don't know how much more plain to make it.