PDA

View Full Version : We need more meet n greets!

professionalcoyotehunter
01-26-2011, 11:36 AM
How about we plan ahead and have a meet n greet at the Oak Tree Gun Club. We can all shoot a round of skeet or just share pictures and experiences while drinking a cold brew. this time lets plan out more than just a day or two. Last time was great and I met some great fellow calgunners.

This next time I will bring a photo album of hunts I have been on. This time I will schedule it out for 2/4/11 @ 5:15PM.

Let me know if you can attend.

Howie44
01-26-2011, 12:40 PM
How about we plan ahead and have a meet n greet at the Oak Tree Gun Club. We can all shoot a round of skeet or just share pictures and experiences while drinking a cold brew. this time lets plan out more than just a day or two. Last time was great and I met some great fellow calgunners.

This next time I will bring a photo album of hunts I have been on. This time I will schedule it out for 2/4/11.

Let me know if you can attend.

Curtis, if you look in the community forums, you'll see we do this ALL THE TIME!. The next event is at Burro Cyn. We are taking over the range for our own event after John Q. Public goes home.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=374388

professionalcoyotehunter
01-26-2011, 12:42 PM
I want to do it for hunters this time. All the times I have been to those shoots it is always about guns and shooting.

Howie44
01-26-2011, 12:45 PM
I want to do it for hunters this time. All the times I have been to those shoots it is always about guns and shooting.

Your loss. I'm doing some bbq from some of the boar I got in DEC, and we're having a huge potluck as well

professionalcoyotehunter
01-26-2011, 12:55 PM
I would love to go but I will be guiding a few hunts that weekend.

Kerplow
01-26-2011, 1:27 PM
Hmm, sounds like a good place for a noob like me to buy a couple rounds of beer and fenagle my way into someone's next yote hunt...:shifty:

professionalcoyotehunter
01-26-2011, 1:33 PM
You never know. I am always throwing free guided hunts out there.

Kerplow
01-26-2011, 2:44 PM
Unfortuntely I work mon-fri till 6. Make the next one on a weekend and I'm down.

professionalcoyotehunter
01-26-2011, 2:55 PM
Unfortuntely I work mon-fri till 6. Make the next one on a weekend and I'm down.

Oak Tree is open til 10pm on friday.

Kerplow
01-26-2011, 3:50 PM
By the time I got there with oc and LA traffic it would probably be close to 9. It takes me half an hour to get from costa mesa to huntington beach after work on the 405.:eek:

I'm actually leaving for a desert camping trip after work that day, after traffic dies, of course. Gonna try out my new cheapo predator call hopefully I get lucky! Its way out past barstow in the middle of nowhere. I've seen rabbits before, but no dogs. Hopefully I can change that!

chris
01-26-2011, 4:06 PM
i have plans this weekend allready.

Eric Mayer
01-26-2011, 4:08 PM
Kerplow, you ought to look into the Predator Callers of Orange County. They meet once a month right near you in the OC. A great place for good info.

I'd be up for a meet as well, but I'm not fighting afternoon traffic to get there. I typically hit the road at 5am to miss the morning traffic and come back after the evening traffic subsides.

I'm near LAX, btw.

Eric :cool:

professionalcoyotehunter
01-26-2011, 4:13 PM
By the time I got there with oc and LA traffic it would probably be close to 9. It takes me half an hour to get from costa mesa to huntington beach after work on the 405.:eek:

I'm actually leaving for a desert camping trip after work that day, after traffic dies, of course. Gonna try out my new cheapo predator call hopefully I get lucky! Its way out past barstow in the middle of nowhere. I've seen rabbits before, but no dogs. Hopefully I can change that!

I was just out there off the 40 on my way back from laughlin and took a shot break from driving near the caves and called in a pair of coyotes in just a few minutes but I was not armed with a rifle or a camera.:(

Big Jake
01-26-2011, 4:14 PM
Set it up PCH. I am down for a meet and greet!

davebw226
01-26-2011, 7:03 PM
I'd be up for it, but pretty far from SD.

PatriotnMore
01-26-2011, 7:23 PM
How about a yote hunt, and meet after. We can have a friendly competition, with a set time limit?

Theriverjustknows
01-26-2011, 8:51 PM
I like to join in but do you have to be a member there? I've heard of Oak tree but I've never been there.

antonio
01-26-2011, 10:17 PM
This would be cool in NOR CAL

tpuig
01-26-2011, 10:34 PM
With a little notice, I'd love to come down your way and meet some folks. Even better, I'd love to get out on a hunt. Maybe even carpool from the SF Bay area...
TP

Big Jake
01-27-2011, 5:40 AM
I like to join in but do you have to be a member there? I've heard of Oak tree but I've never been there.

It is open to the public. No membership required!

duckman1
01-27-2011, 7:45 AM
Not to Thread Jack-

If anyone is interested up here (Merced/Modesto) we could put something together at Rooster Ranch Wings and Clays. We can hunt Pheasant until the end of Feb and Chukar till the end of March. They also have skeet, Trap 5 Stand and Sporting Clays.

professionalcoyotehunter
02-02-2011, 5:10 PM
So who all is going to show up?

Big Jake
02-02-2011, 5:18 PM
So who all is going to show up?

Count me in Curtis. Name the date and time brother! :cool2:

Theriverjustknows
02-02-2011, 7:10 PM
I'll be there.

professionalcoyotehunter
02-04-2011, 5:03 PM
so no one is coming? I guess I will schedule this out a little further.

Tanner68
02-04-2011, 10:38 PM
We should try to do it on a Saturday or Sunday maybe. For a lot of people, the traffic is just too much on a Friday afternoon.

Big Jake
02-05-2011, 8:30 AM
so no one is coming? I guess I will schedule this out a little further.

As I posted above Curtis. I am down so count me in brother! :cool2:

chris
02-05-2011, 9:33 AM
this would be fun. now that i'm back from out of state for school. just don't have it when i have to play Army for the weekend. it always seems to happen that way.