PDA

View Full Version : Stock up on .177 while you can........

rodeoflyer
01-26-2011, 8:33 AM
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2011/01/mta-bus-driver-shot-in-face-with-pelet-gun-passenger-arrested.html

How long until pellet guns are regulated now? :p

IEShooter
01-26-2011, 8:38 AM
Victor Alfonso Martinez needs to spend some time in the pokey.

Shooting someone with a pellet gun is just plain stupid. Nut job belongs in jail. I'm glad the police caught the knucklehead.

cdtx2001
01-26-2011, 8:39 AM
Thank god he didn't throw a loaded beer bottle at the driver. They'll want to ban that too. Then I'd have to stock up on even more beer. It's hard enough to keep a good stockpile of beer around, I go through it a lot. I should learn to do my own reloading.

Bhobbs
01-26-2011, 9:00 AM
Good thing it wasn't an armor piercing incendiary cop killer pellet.

goodlookin1
01-26-2011, 9:52 AM
They're calling what he was hit by, "pellets" and used a "pellet gun", but realistically it was probably airsoft.....seriously, it wouldnt surprise me.

Glock22Fan
01-26-2011, 9:57 AM
Good thing it wasn't an armor piercing incendiary cop killer pellet.

. . . fired by a fully automatic .50 caliber assault weapon with a 100 round clip designed purely to kill people and to bring down airliners flying seven miles up in the sky!

gazzavc
01-26-2011, 10:16 AM
. . . fired by a fully automatic .50 caliber assault weapon with a 100 round clip designed purely to kill people and to bring down airliners flying seven miles up in the sky!

+1

Nice one mate !!

sd_shooter
01-26-2011, 10:17 AM
LOL, buying pellets? Puhleez. Learn to cast your own already. I've been doing that for years. Not only is it cheaper, I have greater quality control over my ammo.

Kid Stanislaus
01-26-2011, 10:32 AM
Your know, pellet guns are are the criminal's gun of choice!

ZombieTactics
01-26-2011, 10:43 AM
Good thing it wasn't an armor piercing incendiary cop killer pellet.. . . fired by a fully automatic .50 caliber assault weapon with a 100 round clip designed purely to kill people and to bring down airliners flying seven miles up in the sky!
... while spray firing from the hip, with one of those shoulder things that goes up.

Glock22Fan
01-26-2011, 11:05 AM
... while spray firing from the hip, with one of those shoulder things that goes up.

:D:D:D

Though perhaps we shouldn't laugh. It isn't nice to mock people who are mentally challenged. But they make it so tempting, don't they?

Wherryj
01-26-2011, 11:37 AM
I found some of the comments to be incredibly inane, especially the comment from the woman who felt that bus drivers should give free rides to anyone who might eventually escalate the situation. Wouldn't that mean that the busses would be running FULL of free people once everyone knew that this was the method to avoid the fare?

I also liked the guy who tried to state that physicians are "public servants" and that you would be refused service if you can't pay. As a physician I am one of the few who CANNOT refuse service for lack of payment. If it is a new patient and I refuse for financial reasons I can be held responsible if the patient is sick enough to need emergency treatment yet was turned away. If it is an established patient I can be hit with patient abandonment/issues with turning away an emergency.

Public transit is like any other public business. You can't go to Safeway and eat for free. You can't get on the bus and ride for free.

Wherryj
01-26-2011, 11:39 AM
They're calling what he was hit by, "pellets" and used a "pellet gun", but realistically it was probably airsoft.....seriously, it wouldnt surprise me.

Yes, but some of those Airsoft weapons have pistol grips. That makes them extremely dangerous.

professionalcoyotehunter
01-26-2011, 11:40 AM
We all know it was an AK-47.

Steyrlp10
01-26-2011, 12:20 PM
It's unfortunate, but some areas in the Bay Area already regulate air pistols/rifles within city limits. I grew up in SF and found that particular law to be a PITA especially since I compete with a Steyr. That's why Calgunners fight the good fight :)

Pred@tor
01-26-2011, 2:18 PM
:D:D:D

Though perhaps we shouldn't laugh. It isn't nice to mock people who are mentally challenged. But they make it so tempting, don't they?

Well since these "enlightened" ones seem to "know" what they are talking about it must be the truth right? Lets not forget its a semi-automatic evil bad guy machine gun that fires 700 rounds a second that no one needs.... We must make our streets safer by banishing suppressed pellet guns because only criminals obey laws! I mean it maeks sense don't it?

xenophobe
01-26-2011, 2:37 PM

In many states you can buy one of those through the gun show loophole too.

WoodTurner
01-26-2011, 4:46 PM
Don't forget, every pump of the lever increases its automatic death power. We should definately restrict it, so no one uses its high capacity air chamber.

gratefuldog
01-26-2011, 8:45 PM
Wow! He got off three rounds??!! With my Crossman pistol, that would have taken @ least 45 seconds... (load, close the chamber, pump, cock, aim, fire.... that's a lot of steps, [but I wouldn't have missed. Twice.])

ic3h34rt
01-27-2011, 1:02 PM
Probably CO2 powered

Secret
01-27-2011, 1:44 PM
Probably CO2 powered

more like spring powered

rivraton
01-27-2011, 3:13 PM
It's unfortunate, but some areas in the Bay Area already regulate air pistols/rifles within city limits. I grew up in SF and found that particular law to be a PITA especially since I compete with a Steyr. That's why Calgunners fight the good fight :)
By (Atwater) city ordinance, airguns may only be discharged within city limits if you obtain written permission from the Chief of Police. I'm going to find out if said permission can be obtained (for pest control)

Steyrlp10
01-27-2011, 4:09 PM
By (Atwater) city ordinance, airguns may only be discharged within city limits if you obtain written permission from the Chief of Police. I'm going to find out if said permission can be obtained (for pest control)

Vermin beware :)

Jack L
01-27-2011, 5:15 PM
Panhandler Shoots Youths, Deputies with Pellet Gun

Then gets his a** shot by LE

http://www.independent.com/news/2011/jan/16/man-shoots-men-deputies-pellet-gun/