PDA

View Full Version : Elk grove/sac CCW

InGrAM
01-26-2011, 12:22 AM
What is the best "good cause" for applying for a CCW
In Elk grove, CA? It was a suburb of Sacramento now its its own city.

I do not work in a hostel environment nor do I live in a rough neighborhood.

I have been shooting firearms my whole life and my father, mother, and brother are all in or retired form law enforcement.

Thanks

alex00
01-26-2011, 12:30 AM
Click on over here (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=352779). Self defense is now good cause in Sacramento County.

N6ATF
01-26-2011, 12:31 AM
Never apply to a city for CCW unless you want to be categorically denied (as a law-abiding citizen) and waste your money. Always apply to the county sheriff; they are required by law to take your app. Luckily Sacramento County has a decent sheriff that will accept "self defense" as good cause.

CSDGuy
01-26-2011, 12:50 AM
What is the best "good cause" for applying for a CCW
In Elk grove, CA? It was a suburb of Sacramento now its its own city.

I do not work in a hostel environment nor do I live in a rough neighborhood.

I have been shooting firearms my whole life and my father, mother, and brother are all in or retired form law enforcement.

Thanks
Elk Grove used to be an SSD Contract city for law enforcement services. They stood up their own department less than 10 years ago. Chances are they haven't officially declared "G" but in practice, they probably have. Do NOT apply to the EGPD. Go the Sheriff's Office.

You can most definitely use Self Defense as good cause. At this point, hundreds of people have been approved with a SD good cause. Just be simple and to the point, and one sentence will suffice. I wish to acquire a CCW for the purpose of self defense. That or some semblance of that will get the job done.

There are other hurdles along the way, but Good Cause is effectively no longer one of them. Your budget, your past traffic and criminal history (if any) are the biggest hurdles now.

Window_Seat
01-26-2011, 1:31 AM
Please click here: Sacramento - **TIME TO APPLY** (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=352779)

Erik.

Lrchops
01-26-2011, 1:39 AM
Self defense or Personal Protection. It is that simple!

warbird
01-26-2011, 1:42 AM
the last time I looked the first interviews on the intitial application to be turned in are not until June 2011 so do not expect a fast turn around.

joe_sun
01-26-2011, 6:05 AM
Amber at Sac SO told me EGPD doesn't issue permits and to apply directly with her.

Shenaniguns
01-26-2011, 6:15 AM
One of the higher ups at EGPD indicated I was the first person they know of that asked them, he had to ask the Chief which indicated that they do not issue and to apply with Sac Sherrif. If you haven't yet you're waiting too long :)