PDA

View Full Version : Question about shipping from outside Calif. to Calif. FFL

bobup
01-25-2011, 7:17 PM
My question is this.

When buying a handgun that is currently on the Ca. DOJ approved list from an individual that resides in another state, can this individual ship directly to a Ca. FFL or does this individual need to take it to his local FFL to ship to the Ca. FFL?

I hope this question is clear as it is stated above :o

Thanks
bob

Librarian
01-25-2011, 7:20 PM
My question is this.

When buying a handgun that is currently on the Ca. DOJ approved list from an individual that resides in another state, can this individual ship directly to a Ca. FFL or does this individual need to take it to his local FFL to ship to the Ca. FFL?

I hope this question is clear as it is stated above :o

Thanks
bob
Nothing in either California or Federal law requires such a shipment to originate with an FFL.

However, any FFL may choose to do business that way. Call around and ask for the shop policy.

bobup
01-25-2011, 9:51 PM
Thanks for that...

My FFL is willing to work this way but wasn't sure about the origin needing to be another FFL....he has put in a call on Monday to the DOJ, but did not get an answer as yet....hopefully tomorrow will be the end of this portion of my purchase

TRICKSTER
01-26-2011, 1:58 AM
Perfectly legal for an out of state private party to ship to a CA FFL. Private parties are also exempt from the CFLC system. As long as your FFL is willing to accept from a private party, the seller can ship it directly to him with no CA DOJ involvement.
http://www.ag.ca.gov/firearms/cflcfaqs.php#2