PDA

View Full Version : 5.7mm Ranger Rifle

fourXfour
08-25-2006, 1:56 PM
I just found out Rhineland arms is going to make a 5.7mm CA legal rifle that accepts FN FiveseveN magazines. I'm still still debating whether or not a FiveseveN and this rifle is better than a Glock 30 combined with a shotgun and/or a .223 type rifle. Especially when limited to 10 rounds. They do have a pic up on their website

http://www.rhinelandarms.com/

5.7MM Ranger Rifle

The Ranger rifle is in 5.7*28mm and uses standard 57 pistol magazines, it is designed to be California compliant. The receiver is machined from solid billet aluminum and uses a 16.5" barrel, making for a short and solid carbine. The rifle is modular in that it uses standard Remington 870 rear stocks and the forearm can easily be removed for other types of fore-ward mounting solutions. The receiver is compatible with standard Remington 700 scope mounting rails.

Weight 6.8 pounds

Magazine capacity 10,20 or 30 rounds

Price $550

VeryCoolCat
08-25-2006, 2:10 PM
That is sweet right there.... about time these companies realizes the potential market for guns in california.

The SU-16 I bet sells more here than any other state.

Stag is probably rich off of california.

Ryan HBC
08-25-2006, 2:48 PM
I don't see how a center fire rifle with an open mag well and pistol grip can possibly be California compliant.

Looking at the current competition, I predict they will probably sell around 5 of these.

C.G.
08-25-2006, 3:00 PM
I don't see how a center fire rifle with an open mag well and pistol grip can possibly be California compliant.

Looking at the current competition, I predict they will probably sell around 5 of these.

http://www.rhinelandarms.com/57/pics/R57mock1.jpg

That is not a pistol grip, that is the magazine.

bonjing
08-25-2006, 3:42 PM
about time :) . i was hoping that it would have looked like the R22. damn pistol grip laws. it is kinda ugly. but i think i will be taking one.

rips31
08-25-2006, 3:53 PM
last i heard from rhineland was that they were looking into changing that fugly stock.