PDA

View Full Version : So you want to fight Kali gun laws.

50 Shooter
08-25-2006, 1:33 PM
Taken from what I posted on THR, it's going to have to start somewhere.

I'm going to post this here and anywhere else that I can think of, feel free to post it every where you want.

Seeing how this issue started in this thread http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=217614 and the idea came up as a combination of ideas, here it goes.

If you truely want to help us out in California because you hate the gun laws that the politicians keep freely passing here, here's the idea. "We" as gun owners need to take a stand against Kalifornia. This is going to involve contacting ALL gun Mfg's and even aftermarket Mfg's to tell them to stop selling to all agencies (law enforcement) if AB352 passes. If they DO NOT stop there will be a Nationwide ban against them. Here's just a piece of info for people out there, I spoke to someone that know's Ronnie Barrett. He asked other Mfg's to follow his lead but they refused. Reason given was the "stockholders" had to be kept happy.

So, if they want to keep the "stockholders" happy they will need to listen to the American public. This is where "we" the people ALL need to come together and let them know we're tired of Kali gun laws. Let them know they will feel it in their pocket book and from the "stockholders" if they continue to sell firearms to Kalifornia.

Please feel free to start adding contact info for all gun Mfg's so that people can start writing, calling and emailing.

50 Shooter
08-25-2006, 8:31 PM
Here's the follow up thread to keep this going. http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=217733

The Soup Nazi
08-25-2006, 8:52 PM
Ok...

...so the mfg's don't sell to law enforcement agencies...AND...they won't sell to ordinary folks because of the rediculous restrictions.

Good plan.

They won't be allowed to sell to us anyways with the new regulations. We might as well take the government agencies down with us.

50 Shooter
08-25-2006, 9:04 PM
That's the price we'll have to pay Rex!

The law will basically do away with handguns for law abiding people anyway. How many Mfg's do you think are going to bother with the California market because of this?

Sooner or later California gun owners are going to have to pull their heads out of the sand and fight. Your either with us or part of the problem.

j2ws2000
08-25-2006, 9:25 PM
This would never work as an online movement, we need a system, leadership, and ralleys. Then it's possible!

Kruzr
08-25-2006, 10:29 PM
I try to keep my foot out of my sights. :rolleyes:

guimus
08-25-2006, 11:34 PM
another little glitch. There will ALWAYS be elements of any group willing to sell out the rest for massive profit. If all gun companies decided to boycott CA, the one company that didn't would make hundreds of millions with contracts to every agency in the biggest economy/population in the US. They can then show their middle finger to every gun buyer in the US as they rest comfortable on their massive piles of cash.

Mssr. Eleganté
08-26-2006, 12:08 AM
Ooooook...let me get this straight. The 'price' we pay for being disarmed...is to make sure all of law enforcement disarmed.

They don't have to be dissarmed. They don't have to let it get that far. As their current guns slowly start to get older and more worn out, the police will start putting pressure on the state legislature to repeal the stupid laws.

Ford used the same tactic on all of the police forces that sued them over the Crown Victoria and it worked!

another little glitch. There will ALWAYS be elements of any group willing to sell out the rest for massive profit. If all gun companies decided to boycott CA, the one company that didn't would make hundreds of millions with contracts to every agency in the biggest economy/population in the US. They can then show their middle finger to every gun buyer in the US as they rest comfortable on their massive piles of cash.

Yeah, but maybe that one company will be Jimenez Arms. :D

chris
08-26-2006, 1:59 AM
this idea should have been used a long time ago. barret has the right idea. if the ordinary citizen can't own a type of firearm then i won't sell to LE. it would be a crushing defeat to the politicos in sacramento.

guimus
08-26-2006, 9:44 AM
Yeah, but maybe that one company will be Jimenez Arms. :D

...I was thinking Ruger...

thisismyboomstick
08-26-2006, 9:52 AM
Yeah, Ruger would be the first to sell us down the river.

grammaton76
08-27-2006, 2:01 PM
Another point - nothing prohibits the guns from being bought by LE from stores/distibutors. Sure, they wouldn't get factory pricing, but they'd still get the guns.

I mean, look at the lawman SXT that distributors "aren't" supposed to sell outside of LE channels, at the peril of not being allowed to order it anymore...

50 Shooter
08-28-2006, 9:28 AM
Rex,
No one said anything about disarmming you. You will be disarmmed by AB352 because gun manufacturers will probably give up on Kali. How many do you think will want to even try to tool up to meet this demand? They should help in the fight against this crap. If politicians were contacted by manufacturers and told that they won't be selling any firearms or service any existing firearms of law enforcement if passed.... How do you think it will effect them in their decision?

Here's a good article for you to read. http://americandaily.com/article/15263

Can'thavenuthingood
08-28-2006, 10:46 AM
I think this idea is addressing a symptom rather than the problem. It would merely create a vacuum to be filled by some other entity and it would most likely be an offshore company.

The problem lies in Sacramento and the majority in control. Even the pro gun Democrats add to the numbers of the majority. They can afford to be progun in the party because their vote matters not. They appease us in the outback but add to the proliferation of gun laws and regulations through strength of the majority.

This would sap our energy and further fragment our efforts to combat the antis. They have many allies attacking everyday from every direction imaginable. News media, television shows, movies, marketing and the education system are under the control of the anti gun types. They have very deep pockets to sway public votes when needed. They also have a bureaucracy infested with anti gun people.

To attack the gun industry is shooting ourselves in the foot. Better to turn our energies to educating folks, your neighbors, one at a time and enlisting their help and energies.

Its a lot like whizzing in the wind. But ya gotta whiz anyway.

Vick

jnojr
08-28-2006, 11:17 AM
California is the nations biggest gun-buying state. Nobody is going to willingly cut off their biggest market.

jnojr
08-29-2006, 11:14 AM
Yeah, I see your point. However, I don't think it will make one bit of difference. I believe the leftist politcos in Sacramento wane everyone disarmed.

Of course they do. But they know that an outright ban won't fly. They also know that CA gun owners are apathetic enough to accept progressive restrictions until there's a de facto ban. Wait one more generation, until you have a swarm of "progressive young adults" who have all been lead to deeply believe that Guns Are Bad, and then they can finish the job.

It just sounds goofy as hell to me to want law enforcement disarmed as a method of protest.

In theory. In practice, it'll never happen. Even the frothiest, most whacko of liberals know that the police need at least some guns, if for no other reason than to protect them from those crazy, right-wing gun nuts.