PDA

View Full Version : Buying a gun out of state

supdawg
08-24-2006, 11:40 PM
Are California residents able to purchase non-CA legal guns out of state and store them outside of CA? I have a friend who lives in Nevada and has agreed to let me store firearms at his place. Are FFLs strictly forbidden to sell non CA legal firearms (in this case an HK94) regardless of whether we don't bring it into CA?

hoffmang
08-24-2006, 11:49 PM
Current federal law requires an out of state FFL to comply with the laws that apply to the state of residency of the buyer. It pretty effectively keeps you from purchasing in states that neighbor CA. If you can show residency in the other state though, you should be only subject to that state's laws.

-Gene

CTT2
08-25-2006, 2:31 AM
Basically because you are a California resident, you cannot go to another state and buy and take into possession a gun there. You can buy gun in another state and have them ship to a FFL in our state to transfer it to you. Ofcourse you can't trasfer a AW into California. So basically as long as you are still a California resident you can't even buy a "AW" in another state and keep it there. ******** sucks huh.

rips31
08-25-2006, 2:54 PM
from your question, i'm guessing that you can buy it and have it shipped to your friend. but, he'll have to take possession of it and you can go and visit him and use 'his' guns.